The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dear Stevie: We've heard Sad Angel, we love it!

NOW will you make a full album? Somebody start a petition.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey wan't lying when he said he was thinking of Stevie's voice when he wrote it. It's a perfect key for their voices now and they don't have to strain, but it still sounds new. He's also writing with her harmonies (almost as a duet) in mind. I'm sure she loves this.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They sounded amazing. The harmonies were impeccable, really.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. That song was one of the highlights of last nights show for me. Loved it. The band rocked. The back drop changes were nice especially when it went to live images of the band. The drum solo change in world turning was a pleasant surprise from the drum vest... Stevie seemed to take a while to get into her performance. Idk maybe it is just those glasses making her look tired and older. Once she took them off she looked great and suddenly her energy seemed to increase. Most of the chatter I heard after the show and this morning at the hotel was how awesome lindsey and mick were last night and I agree they gave a great perform.ance and it showed on their face they were happy to be there. Again, sad angel was great. Lindsey said new ep this week so we'll see?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Ledgie

it's amazing!

New EP this week?!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

LOVED Sad Angel. I was afraid it would be trite when I heard the title, but it was rockin' and fun.

During the VIP meet'n'greet with Mick, I asked about whether there would be an album and he was all "We don't know if the fans really want it..."

I said "Don't you dare use that as a reason not to do it, we want it!!!" He looked a bit taken aback at my vehemence, lol, but said he hoped they would do it.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
LOVED Sad Angel. I was afraid it would be trite when I heard the title, but it was rockin' and fun.

During the VIP meet'n'greet with Mick, I asked about whether there would be an album and he was all "We don't know if the fans really want it..."

I said "Don't you dare use that as a reason not to do it, we want it!!!" He looked a bit taken aback at my vehemence, lol, but said he hoped they would do it.
Lol, good for you!

Everyone should do this when the meet him, then maybe they will get the hint

What was the overall M&G experience like?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I could hug and kiss and cuddle you for your reaction!
Great!
Anyone who is attending the meet'n'greets should demand the recording of another Fleetwood Mac-album! And if you do so: Please tell Mick that Christine should be involved!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

It is such a good song! I soooo wish they'd decide to do a full album.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
What was the overall M&G experience like?
It was great - well worth the money. I know Mick gets a hard time for being greedy but I was thrilled with it. He was a real doll - he acted like he was happy to be there and enjoyed interacting with fans rather than just going through the motions out of contractual obligation.

He encouraged us to ask questions, was really sweet during photos, and signed things as well. I was very pleased with my experience and highly recommend it.

One note that wasn't so positive: the people that were running it were clueless and were trying to herd us in and out quickly, without even getting autographs. Mick had to tell them to chill several times. If it weren't for Mick, it would not have been so great, but he made sure we got our money's worth.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was great - well worth the money. I know Mick gets a hard time for being greedy but I was thrilled with it. He was a real doll - he acted like he was happy to be there and enjoyed interacting with fans rather than just going through the motions out of contractual obligation.

He encouraged us to ask questions, was really sweet during photos, and signed things as well. I was very pleased with my experience and highly recommend it.

One note that wasn't so positive: the people that were running it were clueless and were trying to herd us in and out quickly, without even getting autographs. Mick had to tell them to chill several times. If it weren't for Mick, it would not have been so great, but he made sure we got our money's worth.
Did everyone go in at once? How much time did you get to spend with him?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

THIS

Mick wanted to make this about the fans, rather than the coordinators who were treating us like sheep being exposed to a god (although in their defense, Mick is).

Completely worth the extra funds. And it was fantastic getting to meet fellow Ledgies for the first time! You rock, Nancy!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Sad Angel a lot. Next M&G bunch should tell Mick that it went over well with the fans.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not impressed with Sad Angel. I mean, it's just ok, and nothing more. It's great to hear something new from the Mac, but I bet there are much better new songs they could have played on this tour. Introducing blah songs first is something you can always expect for from FM.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed Sad Angel, too. It sounds fresh, and yet still sounds like classic Fleetwood Mac. I *really* hope they release some new recorded material, and soon.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case