The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2024, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's been a while since I read the lawsuit (someone posted it here I think), but my impression was the lawsuit was about a partnership agreement that was signed years earlier that states that all members have an equal say in the decisions that are made concerning the group. Lindsey obviously didn't agree to be fired, so that rest of the group violated the legal agreement and were at fault. This might also explain why the group weren't more productive over the years since they all had to be in agreement in decisions that affected the group. The managers (Azoff) and lawyers should have known this or maybe they thought Lindsey wouldn't call them on it.

On a different note, Azoff is currently a witness in a criminal case involving the lyrics of songs from Hotel California and Don Henley. Azoff sounds like a real a$$, but I guess that's what makes a good manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Circling back to the original topic from years ago I was thinking how easy it was for Lindsey to win his civil case and settled out of court with the band. The case had highly unusual circumstances. The 2018 tour was already under contract WITH Lindsey. Even Chris said in 2016 that the contracts were signed and they were definitely going on tour. If the band wanted to go to trial they would have to produce evidence of how and why Lindsey was in breach of the contract. The band's lawyers would be grasping at straws to tell the jury. "Lindsey danced behind Stevie" Those 2 had bad relations. Well what else is new. This clearly was not a case of a band member being fired and then trying to shake down a band or try and get future riches. The band had nothing to stand on which is why they settled really quick.