Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Just heard "Destiny Rules"..

Now I'm getting chills...now I'm REALLY getting excited about the new album....
aaron
Old 03-09-2003, 12:49 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart OMG I know

Destiny Rules is absolutely gorgeous (I've only heard the clip of the first minute or whatever). Though I admit the verse melody is a little too reminiscent of TISL, Street Angel and other songs that I can't think of. Lindsey's guitar riff under there is a bit familiar too. This doesn't stop the song from being beautiful though. I love it.

BTW: We should probably have separate threads for requesting the song and for discussing it once we get it and listen

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-09-2003, 03:20 PM
Ledgie

Default Well, Destiny Rules reminds me..

This song seems to be reminiscent of "Fall From Grace" which I think is intentional..at least when she says, "Just to make sure you... are real, make sure that I can still feel you..." which recalls in words and her intonation, "just to make sure that you survive.." It seems to almost follow-up Fall From Grace lyrically....

It also reminds me in tempo and delivery[although somewhat slower and more tempered] the song "Freedom" off "Behind the Mask."
Old 03-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Well, Destiny Rules reminds me..

Quote:
Originally posted by NoQuestionsAskd
This song seems to be reminiscent of "Fall From Grace" which I think is intentional..at least when she says, "Just to make sure you... are real, make sure that I can still feel you..." which recalls in words and her intonation, "just to make sure that you survive.." It seems to almost follow-up Fall From Grace lyrically....
That totally struck me too! Melodically it didn't remind me as much of FFG as it does lyrically...but one of the first thing I though was this is the sequel to FFG.

Adam, it looks like the thread "Say You Will and Destiny Rules" seems to be where folks are requesting it....or if you (or anyone else for that matter ) email me I'd be happy to share these clips.
I'm not saying you are, but I don't want to see a discussion thread get all cluttered with requests.

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 03-09-2003 at 03:47 PM..
Old 03-09-2003, 07:26 PM
joe

i think it reminds me of "Space Needle" which is cool cause i really liked that song. I think her voice could be a little softer (just a tad)...other than that i LOVE the song. it's got a great haunting melody. I love the little background vocals but i hope the album brings them out a bit more. sounds like some great creative stuff going on here!!!

Old 03-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Space Needle

I am still holding out for it to be released on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destiny Rules is OK. It took a few listens. I wonder about whom this song was written. I will say no more out of respect to others that do not download, etc. However, on 4/15/03, I suspect there will be a big discussion on this topic

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think Destiny Rules is awesome. I've listened to that clip over and over and I still can't get enough. I can't wait for the full version.

I love the lyrics, especially the first verse...I like it when Stevie gets all mystical and cosmic in her storytelling. And there's an undeniable darkness in this song - just as in Thrown Down and Peacekeeper - that really appeals to me. The songs seem to really fit the mood of the promo pics and the album cover. Everything seems slightly angst-ridden and desperate. This is the Fleetwood Mac that I love.

Hurry up, April 15th!

Last edited by Mike B; 03-09-2003 at 09:15 PM..
Old 03-09-2003, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm with you, Mike B. These further clips are definitely revealing some angst and desperation. That's what i'm talkin' about. Bring it on !
Old 03-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Well, Destiny Rules reminds me..

Quote:
It also reminds me in tempo and delivery[although somewhat slower and more tempered] the song "Freedom" off "Behind the Mask."
So I haven't gone mad! As I was falling asleep last night there was this song going around and around in my head then I realised it was Freedom - which god knows aint a song I listen that often to, good though it is. Then I made the Destiny Rules connection.

But then the chorus is just .... on another level!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thank you...

Quote:
I was sitting here today going..."Dim and wavering on a wind blown night...Why am I singing this song? I rarely ever listen to 'Behind the Mask'." I'm so glad that someone else was thinking the same thing.

Susie