Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Without Christine...........

As much as I can't wait until 4/15 for the release of SYW, I often think about if only Chris was on board. Don't get me wrong I have been a die hard MAC fan for 26 years and love all the band line ups and have ALL the albums.........but the "Rumours" line up is back and without Chris has me thinking. Christine always has at least one of the "pop" singles. It will be intresting to see how SYW does as far as airplay without Christine. Its cool they all get along great know but just think how much more exciting it would be with Chris. As I said dont get me wrong I want a "Buckingham/Nicks" FM record , it was I Don't Want to Know that got me hitched in the first place but some of the excitement for me is missing.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know Seeing that pic from the 70's in another post awhile back brought a tight moment in my heart. I truly hope she is as happy now as she has made me over the last 25 plus years

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-06-2003, 09:44 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow Thank you...

...for making me feel that I'm not the only one who thinks in this way. The only think that prevents me from being that excited about Say You Will coming out soon is the fact that Christine is no longer there...

Song of the moment - Remember Me
Old 03-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

It's nice to read these posts about Christine, she is and always will be a part of my love for Fleetwood Mac.
As much as I also love the Buckingham-Nicks focus on this current band, it is definitely not as special now that Christine is not there.
The chemistry of those five individuals really touched people in a very personal and heartfelt way with their music, and history. The Chain has been broken.

youre a sweetheart...
never will you be replaced

Joseph
Old 03-07-2003, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, since I am really a Christine McVie fan first and foremost, I have absolutely no excitement whatsoever for this new Buckingham/Nicks album. I've never really been interested in the Buckingham/Nicks angle of Fleetwood Mac. Since I am collecting everything that Chris is on, I will still buy the CD if any of her Gift of Screws work is on the album as Mick has said it would be. I do think though that she made the right decision about leaving the band. She is nearly 60 and everything must come to an end at some time. I just hope that she is able to get her solo album out sometime in the next year or so. That would definitely be something to get excited about.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My advice to you guys is to not buy the upcoming Mac album - what would be the point? You've already made up your minds about this recording without having heard it so why spoil the fun? Sit it out, resurrect the Christine shrine and whinge to your collective hearts' content.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
My advice to you guys is to not buy the upcoming Mac album - what would be the point?
Please let me decide first. I don't need such "advices", and I will not waste my time in trying to express my feelings all over again, since I think 99% of the people who read the thread understood it. So I'll just leave it here.

Song of the moment - The Smile I Live For
Old 03-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'll miss Christine too, and as for the concert, I'm going to miss Songbird the most...

Nae
Old 03-07-2003, 01:05 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wish I would had been able to see her in concert. I am extremely excited about SYW, but I just wish I could see them all on stage together. Christine was an important part of the Fleetwood Mac experience...I am just hoping her whole "solo project" comes out soon. But I have faith in Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason T.
I just wish I would had been able to see her in concert. I am extremely excited about SYW, but I just wish I could see them all on stage together. Christine was an important part of the Fleetwood Mac experience...I am just hoping her whole "solo project" comes out soon. But I have faith in Stevie and Lindsey.
What Bart said!
Old 03-08-2003, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say I am incredibly relieved that Christine will no longer be involved with the Mac. I was thrilled to learn that she would not be working with the band on the upcoming album and have been doing cartwheels ever since.
I have a certain regard for Chris but let's face it, she's way past her prime. She was the weak link during "The Dance" and prevented the band from truly peaking. I am actually immensely grateful to her for bowing out when she did because she has now made possible what I have dreamed about for many years... the Stevie and Lindsey show!
Finally an album devoid of shallow pap and a concert experience potentially akin to brilliance - something that could never have happened if Christine was still present. Things are looking up... I just can't wipe the smirk off my face!
Old 03-08-2003, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Being first and foremost a Stevie fan but also having loved "Out of the Cradle' I have to agree with Phil.Another Buckingham/Nicks album with a world class drummer and bassist in tow is a great idea!I also thought Christine's eponymous solo lp in '84 and subsequent tour were a big snooze.

Old 03-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
I have a certain regard for Chris but let's face it, she's way past her prime. She was the weak link during "The Dance" and prevented the band from truly peaking.
Oh, you're so right, "Phil." We could all hear so plainly how her off-key croaking & barking & vein-popping howling really demolished songs like "You Make Loving Fun" & "Everywhere," whereas Stevie's & Lindsey's silky-smooth, exquisitely refined (like buttah!) singing just hit every note square on throughout that tour! And Christine's piano playing on "Silver Springs" & "Don't Stop" & so many others .... e-GAD!!! That one-finger plinking really ruined the show, as you so astutely noted.

Quote:
Finally an album devoid of shallow pap and a concert experience potentially akin to brilliance - something that could never have happened if Christine was still present.
Yes, indeed. I can't wait for more of the brilliance I experienced at the Irvine Meadows TISL show in 2001! See, I had to cut my experience short by hightailing it out about two-thirds of the way through on Nicks & Co. that night because I was just so thrilled by what I was seeing & hearing.

Quote:
Things are looking up... I just can't wipe the smirk off my face!
I bet! It's a hoot to troll!
Old 03-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BombaySapphire3
I also thought Christine's eponymous solo lp in '84 and subsequent tour were a big snooze.
If only poor Chris had been able to whip up the sort of tremulous frenzy & intense excitement that I saw Stevie generate on the 1989, 1990, 1991, 1998, 2000 & 2001 tours! Just the way she was able to plant those big boots fourteen inches apart & sway to & fro throughout the entire set without stopping! Yes, indeed ... what exciting memories. The spirit ran through me, & I was compelled to call Madame Nicks the High Priestess of Nitrous Oxide.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

originally posted by David ' If only poor Chris had been able to whip up the sort of tremulous frenzy & intense excitement that I saw Stevie generate on the 1989, 1990, 1991, 1998, 2000 & 2001 tours!" If she was so excruciatingly bad why did you keep going back?