Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Post Say You Will Media Appearances

So Johnny Stew's thread got me thinking we might want a similar one for all of the radio, tv, magazine, etc. appearances that we hear about. I just came from Mick's board and saw some new ones.

Radio
3/6/02 - Stevie on STAR 98.7 (Los Angeles) Ryan Seacrest's show. (Reportedly at 5:00 PM, PST) *
3/7/02 - Stevie, Lindsey, & Mick on Mark & Brian Show 95.5 KLOS (Los Angeles) (Anybody know the time on this one? It's a morning show on
3/10/03 - Lindsey on Arrow 94.7 (Washington, DC) (Between 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM)
3/11/03 - Lindsey on WXRT 93.1 (Chicago) (5:00 PM)

Magazines
Lindsey on cover of Acoustic Guitar Magazine (not sure of the cover date, but according to the post at Mick's, it's on the stands now at Barnes & Noble in some places.)

It doesn't look like most of these appearance are going to be announced in any official way, so we all have to rely on local listeners for stuff.

Also - I think it would be cool if we just use this thread to list stuff, so it doesn't become unwieldy. If we want to examine/transcript interviews, we can make a new thread. So if you hear anything new, list it here so we can all try to keep up.

(I personally love listening to these radio interviews, so everyone please pipe up if you hear of any coming up soon!)

Mike B

*There is a listen live link at www.star987.com, but I can't get it to work. Someone else may have better luck!

Last edited by Mike B; 03-06-2003 at 03:56 PM..
Old 03-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anyone confirm this LB appearance on the cover of Acoustic guitar magazine? I checked it on the website but there's the April issue with Tracy Chapman on the cover and regarding the content of the article, which was summed up by someone on the Mickboard then I somehow doubt if this is true. Here's the quote from the guy: Does anybody here know something about it???

I was at Barnes and Noble last night and saw that Lindsey is on the cover of the latest Acoustic Guitar magazine. It's a great interview. Some highlights: he says the making of this new album was a fantastic experience; he says he'd love for Fleetwood Mac to record at least three more albums; and he wants to write more songs with Stevie "from the ground up." The writer of the piece was VERY enthusiastic about the new album, says it has a bit of everything, from pop to "grunge."
Old 03-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He's definitely on there, I believe it was the Feb. issue? You can find the entire article, including the pic on the cover if you search this board.

And Mike, do you happen to have times to go w/ those dates? We may be able to listen to some of these online...thanks!!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Say You Will Media Appearances

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
So Johnny Stew's thread got me thinking we might want a similar one for all of the radio, tv, magazine, etc. appearances that we hear about. I just came from Mick's board and saw some new ones.

Radio
3/6/02 - Stevie on STAR 98.7 (Los Angeles) Ryan Seacrest's show.
3/7/02 - Stevie, Lindsey, & Mick on Mark & Brian Show 95.5 KLOS (Los Angeles)
3/10/03 - Lindsey on Arrow 94.7 (Washington, DC)
3/11/03 - Lindsey on WXRT 93.1 (Chicago)

Mike B
Thanks Mike, hope the old CD burner will be doing a bit of overtime

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 03-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anyone say they better make the cover of Rolling Stone with a nine page in depth article explaining the meaning of each and every word in all of these songs along with comments on the members of this board's opinions and interpretaions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps I better wake up from this dream

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Over on Mick's site, someone said you can stream the radio interview w/ Stevie today by going to www.star987.com. I hope it works!

Also...today there have been a lot of articles online about the tour. Here's the one from Rollingstone.com. The rest are pretty much the same.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/new....asp?nid=17683

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 03-06-2003, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by golddustchic
Over on Mick's site, someone said you can stream the radio interview w/ Stevie today by going to www.star987.com. I hope it works!

Ok...well I just looked at that post again and he was talking about Peacekeeper...not the interview...sorry But check it out anyway...maybe we'll be able to listen to it.

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks

Last edited by golddustchic; 03-06-2003 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
He's definitely on there, I believe it was the Feb. issue? You can find the entire article, including the pic on the cover if you search this board.
I think that was Guitar Player magazine, which came out a couple of weeks ago. This is Guitar Acoustic (or is it Acousitc Guitar?)magazine. I looked at B&N at lunch and didn't see it though. I'm guessing it is the May issue and just hasn't hit everywhere yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
And Mike, do you happen to have times to go w/ those dates? We may be able to listen to some of these online...thanks!!
Oh yeah, good idea! I'll edit my original post...

Mike
Old 03-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I checked it on their website and the April issue features Tracy Chapman on the cover. Also the guy on the other board said, he had already seen it in the stores but not bought just read. So I don`t know if that was serious- check the interview quotes he mentioned. This sounds like some christmas list of things desired- three albums still to come. Cowritten tunes from the ground and so on. All these things some of us here posted they wished would happen. And exactly that did he say...? So I wonder if this issue is for real or not. Perhaps anyone overseas can check it out within the next days.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought the Lindsey issue of Guitar Player so I know it is real.

Kristin
Old 03-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You bought the "Guitar player magazine" we had the cover and the article of here on the board or did you buy the "Acoustic guitar magazine" which was mentioned on the other board?
Old 03-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

www.lindseybuckingham.com mentions that Lindsey should be on the cover of the April/May issue of Guitar Magazine Acoustic. So, hopefully that's what the guy on Mick's board was talking about.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey, Stevie and Mick on The Mark and Brian Show tomorrow
(thanks for te heads-up Mike)

Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham will be the in studio guests of Mark & Brian on Friday morning, March 7th to talk about their new album, 'Say You Will' and their new single, 'Peacekeeper'.

Link - http://www.955klos.com/showfeature.asp
(lovely picture of the Peacekeeper Promo CD cover)

Listen Live - http://www.955klos.com/goout.asp?u=h...icrock93x.com/

17.00 GMT, 09.00 (LA Time)

So all you UK ledgies can listen at a decent time and lucky for me I am working from home tomorrow

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource

Last edited by nodmod; 03-06-2003 at 07:21 PM..
Old 03-06-2003, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation I NEED MY HEART MEDICATION!!!!

THREE MORE ALBUMS!?!?!!??!?!!!?!!? IS THAT FOR REAL!?!?!!!

MUST GET THAT MAGAZINE and read about Lindsey saying he wanted FM to do THREE more albums!!!!! I hope they DO and I PRAY they do it FASTER!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I'd KILL for a Lindsey SOLO album MORE!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Three more!!!!!!!! It'll take 20 years, but hey, I'm young and they can have the oxygen tank on stage to revice them between songs.

save the cheerleader - save the world