The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2003, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 21 rows from the stage...good/bad?

Hey Everyone
the other day i scored a seat 21 rows from the stage on the right side (lindsey's side) anyways...for those of you who have sat on the floor at an arena show....did i get a pretty good seat? I was 17th row for DMB at an amphitheatre and it felt much closer than that...
Old 03-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

how the hell are all these people getting tickets for a show that doesn't go on sale til 3/15. I heasrd from Mick's site, that the whole floor's almost gone. WTF.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey BigAl,

Its cool you are a DMB fan too. Rock on. I see your location is NY. I am from Chicago but I travelled to NYC to see DMB at Madison Square Garden last May, great show!!! Anyway, row 21 at an amphitheatre shouldn't be that bad. The only thing I dont like about main floor seating is that it is flat ground and it can be a little more difficult to see everything that is going on on the stage but because you aren't far back, at least they wont be blurry little objects standing on the stage, ypou will be able to see the band. Way to go, I can't wait to get tickets to the Chicago show and the Moline show.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 03-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
how the hell are all these people getting tickets for a show that doesn't go on sale til 3/15. I heasrd from Mick's site, that the whole floor's almost gone. WTF.
....Ticketmaster venue pre-sale. The seats on the main floor close to the stage of most venues are gone because they are reserved for the fanclub. Our pre-sale begins on the 13th to the 14th. Other presale tickets do not affect the fanclub reserved seating.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 03-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good For You Big Al

21st row can be fine. Depends on the floor. If it's raked, and you're tall, you are much better off. Especially if people stand up
throughout. I say, if you got that close and got tickets at face value, good on ya. Chump that I am, I am usually throwing 500 bucks at someone for a very close seat, so more power to you.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: 21 rows from the stage...good/bad?

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84
Hey Everyone
the other day i scored a seat 21 rows from the stage on the right side (lindsey's side) anyways...for those of you who have sat on the floor at an arena show....did i get a pretty good seat? I was 17th row for DMB at an amphitheatre and it felt much closer than that...
BigAl84: 21 row doesnt sound bad. I scored a seat about 35 rows back dead center of the Ford Center (Which has a rather small floor area because its mainly built for hockey!!!)...Which if cameras are allowed, Would make for some very interested photo ops...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Thanks Soo much everyone for your replies

I was just hoping they would look prety cose to me on stage and not three inch figures. When i saw DMB at darien lake from the 17th row...it was great because i sware the row was labeled 17 but it wasnt actually 17 rows...i was more like 10 lolol so the band was riiiiight there. Im really tall, 6'3" so i shouldnt have too much trouble. Im nice to the shorter people and ask them if they can see okay and that i can move over a foot or two if im blocking them LOLOL...it's nice to be conciderate of others.

I guess in my mind i wasnt sure if i should of gotten 100 level seats in a section that is closer to the stage. I've never been on the floor for the mac and if lindsey is on the right hand side...it will be soooo cool im sure.

Thanks again

Alex
Old 03-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

21st row is probably better than 90% of the people at the show. I think you'll enjoy your seat just fine.