Old 04-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In context, it was a great comment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2017, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Same here, re: Eddy. I would have liked her to go into depth about the non-Lindsey period. She was praising BTM when he departed.

Another great question would have been: What was the defining moment that made you start to miss FMac again?
Well, I guess we'll know what Christine will say about this duets album 15 years from now if it's not a hit.

Your question is a good one and I'd love to hear her answer.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
In context, it was a great comment.
That's exactly what I thought. "context" In context, it's an amazing comment. It shows just how opposite she is from someone that has a big ego.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yeah, if Stevie had said that, people who don't like her would be condemning her, but since Christine said it, it's ok.
No, it's context. If Stevie had said that after looking at herself in the mirror when she realized how much of a toll Klonopin had taken on her ("Oh my god, I have to do something . . . I'm Stevie f**king Nicks") I doubt anyone would have an issue. Context.

Quote:
Her comments about Behind the Mask were also disheartening. If the album had sold 7 million copies, like Tango, then she wouldn't have made those comments. By all accounts, the recording of Behind the Mask went very smoothly, with Stevie much more present than she had been with Tango, yet she lumped it with Time, an experience Christine hated.
To be fair, her father died during the BTM tour, which I'm sure tainted her opinion of that era. She talks much more about her animosity towards Dave Mason than anything else. It probably all runs together for her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2017, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Christine is saying that she's Christine McVie to her young, shy window-dressing self to give her young self confidence. That's very different than saying to the world that Lindsey better appreciate your stardom or you'll be gone before the palm trees fall on his head!

I mean, Christine does have an ego and she does jokingly say things like that. And in the past, she wasn't easy to get along with. So, no one is saying she's sweet and humble and I wouldn't want her to be. During IMT promotion she said she wrote all of FM's hits, but it was one laughing comment among self-deprecating ones. But here she is not even joking or being boastful, playful or not. She was asking a question about how she would speak to her young self. Anyone who was quiet or insecure as a youth, anyone who had self-doubt would say something similar to their young self and let them know if they only could see into the future, things will be different. It gets better. That's all I saw in her statement.

Michele
Old 04-25-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliefw View Post
Bought a copy this morning, such a good interview really interesting
thank you so much.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And Christine is saying that she's Christine McVie to her young, shy window-dressing self to give her young self confidence. That's very different than saying to the world that Lindsey better appreciate your stardom or you'll be gone before the palm trees fall on his head!

I mean, Christine does have an ego and she does jokingly say things like that. And in the past, she wasn't easy to get along with. So, no one is saying she's sweet and humble and I wouldn't want her to be. During IMT promotion she said she wrote all of FM's hits, but it was one laughing comment among self-deprecating ones. But here she is not even joking or being boastful, playful or not. She was asking a question about how she would speak to her young self. Anyone who was quiet or insecure as a youth, anyone who had self-doubt would say something similar to their young self and let them know if they only could see into the future, things will be different. It gets better. That's all I saw in her statement.

Michele
She has an ego about her music for sure! I remember the SYW comment about too much guitar. Or, her comments about LB during the BTM era.

She just has so much more swag than Stevie. Which is funny despite not having the sales or as much star power. It comes more from within.

Plus, she's british, darling!! Get mums a wine spritzer, will you darling??
Old 04-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She has an ego about her music for sure! I remember the SYW comment about too much guitar. Or, her comments about LB during the BTM era.

She just has so much more swag than Stevie. Which is funny despite not having the sales or as much star power. It comes more from within.

Plus, she's british, darling!! Get mums a wine spritzer, will you darling??

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2017, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
No, it's context. If Stevie had said that after looking at herself in the mirror when she realized how much of a toll Klonopin had taken on her ("Oh my god, I have to do something . . . I'm Stevie f**king Nicks") I doubt anyone would have an issue. Context.
exactly. frankly i can't understand how anybody is even wondering about this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmmm.... so they're all in therapy now??

Agree with folks-- she was saying to HERSELF, "You're Christine f'ing McVie" i.e. so have confidence!!

Stevie has, in fact said "I'm STEVIE NICKS" but in reference to being so special she can't do stuff-- I can't go out with you, I'm STEVIE NICKS. I can't go to a show or to the market, I'm STEVIE NICKS" as if, that's beneath me. Very very different scenarios.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

lol can't y'all just enjoy a nice christine interview without unnecessarily bringing stevie into it.

i wonder what she meant when she talked about writing little lies "counter-vocals written across lindsey's tune". is she saying he did the music for it first and then she wrote the song around it?
Old 04-25-2017, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
lol can't y'all just enjoy a nice christine interview without unnecessarily bringing stevie into it.
i know right? and i'd suspect it was a stevie fan who called Homer on enjoying Chris interview.

Quote:
i wonder what she meant when she talked about writing little lies "counter-vocals written across lindsey's tune". is she saying he did the music for it first and then she wrote the song around it?
i was wondering about that too... same as her not just not flying but not even driving. and them all being in therapy these days. love little nuggets of info she always seems to spill!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I always thought George Hawkins should've gotten a credit for that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-25-2017, 11:13 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmmmm.... so they're all in therapy now??

Agree with folks-- she was saying to HERSELF, "You're Christine f'ing McVie" i.e. so have confidence!!

Stevie has, in fact said "I'm STEVIE NICKS" but in reference to being so special she can't do stuff-- I can't go out with you, I'm STEVIE NICKS. I can't go to a show or to the market, I'm STEVIE NICKS" as if, that's beneath me. Very very different scenarios.
I don't think this is a fair assessment of Stevie's comment at all. She didn't say it like those things were beneath her, but more like she's so recognizable that it's hard for her to go anywhere without making a scene. If she went out to a concert with a guy, people are going to take pictures, it's going to be on the internet and the magazines. She doesn't want to have to deal with that. It's not that she's too special to go to the market, it's that she can't go without a bunch of people coming up to her and wanting autographs and pictures, etc. I'm betting it's much easier for someone like Lindsey or John and maybe even Christine to go out and do normal things. Billy Burnett mentioned in an interview that during the BTM tour Stevie was getting serious death threats and the FBI got involved. Now tell me how easy it is to go out to buy groceries if you're Stevie Nicks.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
I don't think this is a fair assessment of Stevie's comment at all. She didn't say it like those things were beneath her, but more like she's so recognizable that it's hard for her to go anywhere without making a scene. If she went out to a concert with a guy, people are going to take pictures, it's going to be on the internet and the magazines. She doesn't want to have to deal with that. It's not that she's too special to go to the market, it's that she can't go without a bunch of people coming up to her and wanting autographs and pictures, etc. I'm betting it's much easier for someone like Lindsey or John and maybe even Christine to go out and do normal things. Billy Burnett mentioned in an interview that during the BTM tour Stevie was getting serious death threats and the FBI got involved. Now tell me how easy it is to go out to buy groceries if you're Stevie Nicks.
Tbh in recent years it's different, I don't think she gets the same attention as before. I read someone saw her at a McDonalds in Calabasas and that no one really bothered her and another time at a makeup counter and again, she wasn't really bothered. She might get asked for a few pictures but she won't get swarmed like the big, younger celebrities of today. I think she just lives a sheltered life.