Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
He still gets a kick out of dressing up/envision ideas from others. That's what he's good at, and Miss Nicks doesn't let him. Chris has, so he'll be thrilled.
She is still trying to prove to him that she can do it without him. And he is saying to her, "Yeah that's great, fine let's get to work." And it seems she still wants to stamp her feet on the ground and live in the past.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She is still trying to prove to him that she can do it without him. And he is saying to her, "Yeah that's great, fine let's get to work." And it seems she still wants to stamp her feet on the ground and live in the past.
In the context of the group, I don't think she CAN do it without him. She can go off on her own and hire her own producers. But within the band, she can't bring in David Stewart, for example, and say, "He'll be handling my things."

I am angry with her for stalling things. At the same time, it appears that her relationship with Lindsey was, from her perspective, abusive. She is trying to keep the band thing going as long as she could while protecting herself. That means, basically, touring. The prospect of making new music with him scares the crap out of her.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In the context of the group, I don't think she CAN do it without him. She can go off on her own and hire her own producers. But within the band, she can't bring in David Stewart, for example, and say, "He'll be handling my things."

I am angry with her for stalling things. At the same time, it appears that her relationship with Lindsey was, from her perspective, abusive. She is trying to keep the band thing going as long as she could while protecting herself. That means, basically, touring. The prospect of making new music with him scares the crap out of her.
It seems they don't have much respect for each other. If you listen to the B/N album, you can almost touch the chemistry between them. It's so wonderful. They need to resurrect those equations. Each member has their own chemistry with each other.

There is a lot of magic there... it shouldn't be wasted on fear... He's not going to abuse her with Christine around. That's a safe bet.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
At this point, she CAN do just that. Let someone else handle her things and Lindsey just has to shrug it off. That can't bother him anymore.

Do I think it will sound like a great cohesive album? No, I don't, but I'd rather have an album like that than an EP or nothing. I'd rather get 2/3 songs that Christine and Lindsey worked on together and 1/3 of stuff that Stevie did with her own people and Christine and Lindsey just sang on than have the group fool around trying to coax a reluctant Stevie into the studio any longer. Whether she feels abused or is throwing a tantrum or just has no chemistry with them any more, I don't care. I'm tired of trying to dissect the problem. Two of them say they've worked together on stuff that sounds good. I want to hear that soon. Just make it happen.

Michele
Old 08-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's not going to abuse her with Christine around. That's a safe bet.
If by "abuse" you (or Stevie) mean he's not going to argue with Stevie about her songs, that's just not true. Christine is not going to get in the way of Lindsey's work on Stevie's songs. She never has.

Lindsey himself has to remove himself from Stevie's songs and be happy that she removes him from them. If he's not on them, then he's not going to get the blame for them later. He can fight creatively for the songs that he and Chris have, but he needs to just not be concerned about Stevie's stuff and hopefully we'll get an album, before they're all dead.

Michele
Old 08-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If by "abuse" you (or Stevie) mean he's not going to argue with Stevie about her songs, that's just not true. Christine is not going to get in the way of Lindsey's work on Stevie's songs. She never has.

Lindsey himself has to remove himself from Stevie's songs and be happy that she removes him from them. If he's not on them, then he's not going to get the blame for them later. He can fight creatively for the songs that he and Chris have, but he needs to just not be concerned about Stevie's stuff and hopefully we'll get an album, before they're all dead.

Michele
good point. because this stalling and waiting has them heading that way.

if they want to put out an album posthumously that bad, this one doesn't have to be it, yet! we know they have several more albums in them, what they already recorded so far seems to be almost enough for two.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-24-2014, 03:10 PM

Stevie has to realize that she is in a band. It's a band. And that's it. You don't always get your way in a band. Lindsey knows that, Christine knows it, John knows it, and certainly Mick knows it.

I keep having this weird feeling that Stevie always feels left out of the Christine/Lindsey loop when they make albums. And I thought they would connect more on SYW now that Christine was out of the way. It never happened and those two seem farther apart than they ever have been.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think there's more to it than that, after reading dickdash blog.

from what he's saying, what happened during their first tour is she broke through as a sort of a sex symbol. and that's what LB was so jealous of (both personally as her bf, and professionally as she was the breakthrough star and he was just the guy shaping those songs). and that's also what she's been trying to fight off her whole career after that - trying to prove that she's been so successful because she's an artist and a songwriter first, and not a gorgeous sexy little doll everybody's lusting after. people saying she'd be nowhere musically without LB, or that she's bigger than the other 2 songwriters in FM just because of her looks and sexy persona, and not because of her music and talent, is something she seems to feel she needs to fight against to this day.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-24-2014, 03:33 PM

It's something she won't touch, because it hurts too much.

Right elle?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

if they want to put out an album posthumously that bad, this one doesn't have to be it, yet!
LOL.

At one point 2015 seemed too far off, now we're worrying that it's not going to happen in 2015.

Michele
Old 08-24-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
LOL.

At one point 2015 seemed too far off, now we're worrying that it's not going to happen in 2015.

Michele
I want an album so bad. And I want it with Stevie. They need to do this.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I want an album so bad. And I want it with Stevie.
Well, when they do an album, Stevie will be singing on their songs and they will be singing on hers. The songs on the album might not be produced together and that's fine with me. Having them sing together is all we can wish for if we really want an album, without months of delay due to fighting.

Michele
Old 08-24-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Well, when they do an album, Stevie will be singing on their songs and they will be singing on hers. The songs on the album might not be produced together and that's fine with me. Having them sing together is all we can wish for if we really want an album, without months of delay due to fighting.

Michele
I'm with you. I just think someone needs to grow up a bit. They've all proven themselves, no need to keep driving the point home that, "i can do my own songs." We get it. We got it. Now let's move on and make art and stop worrying about getting your face plastered everywhere but your band's new material. There I said it.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Y'all will probably hate me for saying this, but I think you're worrying too much. I think with Chris back in the fold, and given everyone's age, Stevie has realized that FM is going to take a lot more time for the next few years. That's why I think she rushed out this solo album even when she can't tour behind it (which upsets me to no end). She's now back to FM for the tour rehearsals. They'll spend the rest of this year touring. They can finish the album after the first of the year, and then do more touring in 2015, maybe even beyond. If Chris hadn't come back, Stevie could have noodled around with all kinds of projects, knowing FM wouldn't do anything until at least 2016.

And I'm not worried about the sound of the album if someone else produces, or even co-produces, Stevie's songs. The songs will still have Lindsey's guitar, Chris's keys, and the harmonies of all three. It will still sound like Fleetwood Mac. No competent producer could mess that up.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Y'all will probably hate me for saying this, but I think you're worrying too much. I think with Chris back in the fold, and given everyone's age, Stevie has realized that FM is going to take a lot more time for the next few years. That's why I think she rushed out this solo album even when she can't tour behind it (which upsets me to no end). She's now back to FM for the tour rehearsals. They'll spend the rest of this year touring. They can finish the album after the first of the year, and then do more touring in 2015, maybe even beyond. If Chris hadn't come back, Stevie could have noodled around with all kinds of projects, knowing FM wouldn't do anything until at least 2016.

And I'm not worried about the sound of the album if someone else produces, or even co-produces, Stevie's songs. The songs will still have Lindsey's guitar, Chris's keys, and the harmonies of all three. It will still sound like Fleetwood Mac. No competent producer could mess that up.
If I remember correctly, both Mick & Christine (and possibly even Lindsey?) said earlier this year that there are both short-term and long-term plans for Fleetwood Mac over the next few years. I agree with your point of view that Stevie is on board for all of this, and that's why she rush-recorded '24 Karat Gold.'

With Christine returning to the band, Stevie's gotten what she's wished for over the past 16 years (even the 'Elle' article mentions that Stevie was "thrilled" when Christine broached the subject of returning) -- but, let's face it, it's also been a total curve-ball. So she's fulfilling her solo commitments now, as swiftly as possible, to dedicate herself to Fleetwood Mac for the next few years.

As for the upcoming album, I think Lindsey will still have a hand producing Stevie's songs, even if Dave Stewart or someone else is co-producing. He co-produced his own songs with Mitchell Froom, he and Christine are co-producing her songs, and I'm willing to bet the credits on Stevie's will be something along the lines of, "produced by [insert name here], Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks."