The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey was worried about how they would go on without Chris initially, but I don't think he was pissed off by any means at her departure… and that by the time SYW rolled around he was actually totally psyched about the new band dynamic without her. Saying that she "burned her bridges" was his way of saying- it's done, she's not coming back and implying that she can't come back (and actually hoping to God she wouldn't.) It does sound blunt, Lindsey's not known for being suave..or subtle. I don't think he's ever had hurt or hard feelings towards Chris. Now that she's back, I think he's making the best of it. I'm sure after all they've been through over the years they've got a bond.. and a musical chemistry for sure.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

there's a great shot of the two of them embracing in the studio during Tusk-- Richard Dashut put a link to some outtake video from the Tusk doc up on his Instagram…I haven't seen that footage in forever. Linds and Chris share a nice moment.

Also, Chris does this thing when Stevie is talking about vocals on Angel she says something about "angels in the air" or some such and Chris is sitting there and totally repeats what Stevie said-- much the same way she does on the Bob Welch at the Roxy video where she mimics what he's just said introducing one of his songs "you'll remember this" or whatever. People always took that as her mocking and disliking Bob, but seeing her do the same thing to Stevie honestly it just seems like a Christine thing that she does… someone says some cutesy phrase and she echoes it.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Also, Chris does this thing when Stevie is talking about vocals on Angel she says something about "angels in the air" or some such and Chris is sitting there and totally repeats what Stevie said-- much the same way she does on the Bob Welch at the Roxy video where she mimics what he's just said introducing one of his songs "you'll remember this" or whatever. People always took that as her mocking and disliking Bob, but seeing her do the same thing to Stevie honestly it just seems like a Christine thing that she does… someone says some cutesy phrase and she echoes it.
Well, I think she does mock as well, but yeah, there's the Tusk photo shoot too when Lindsey says, "dude's got long arms" and she thinks that's so funny, because it was actually her arm and not Mick's, so she repeats "dude's got long arms."

Not the same thing, but I just think of:

Isn't that weird?

Yeah, that is pretty weird.

For an entire tour, without a hint of irony ....

Um, no: the idea that your name is Lindsay and his last name is Lindsey is not really weird at all, pal.

Michele
Old 08-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
Now that she's back, I think he's making the best of it.
I think it gives him hope that there will be more Mac in the future. Now there's an intermediary (Christine) who can get through to Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think it gives him hope that there will be more Mac in the future. Now there's an intermediary (Christine) who can get through to Stevie.
I agree. I don't think he likes and/or agrees much with Stevie's musical direction. He has much better chemistry with Christine these days.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree. I don't think he likes and/or agrees much with Stevie's musical direction. He has much better chemistry with Christine these days.
I'll have to hear their stuff first.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I totally understand you, but obviously, my remark is more blunt than that is is meant. But still, I also believe there was pain felt behind her departure. And frustration maybe. But isn't that a big compliment towards her? I' ve never understood the negatieve reading of his bridgesremarks. But, I guess it all comes down to languagefeel. I simply didn't feel anything negatieve over the years, where a lot of Chrisfans, in my eyes, overreacted. In dutch, the equivalent of burning bridges is leaving something behind without hindsight or empathy with the situation you left behind. I read that in her own quote in this article.
He said more than that. He made comments about her live stuff etc. I totally got an angry vibe. But that's all in the past. They seem to have really bonded musically and he even said outside of music he has a certain chemistry with her.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Agreed, if it's anything like Hold Me, World Turning, Isn't It Midnight, Think About Me... I'll be happy. (not the same songs.. but the amazing chemistry)
Old 08-23-2014, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Given The excellence of Lindsey and Christine's respective solo work from the last decade, I have faith Christine's enthusiasm about their collaboration is justified. Hell, even if the work is merely "very good" (in the manner of their solo albums) I'll be thrilled, but I suspect the mutual chemistry between them--a chemistry that has always been there--will buoy good songs to great ones.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
there's a great shot of the two of them embracing in the studio during Tusk-- Richard Dashut put a link to some outtake video from the Tusk doc up on his Instagram…I haven't seen that footage in forever. Linds and Chris share a nice moment.

I really got the sense from the Tusk footage that she was lightly mocking Stevie ("Angels in the background..."), because she felt Stevie was tiresome and excessive at that point.

On the Welch video, I got the sense she was colluding with him about silly things you have to say on stage ("you may remember this one..." is an industry cliche...)

In both cases, I was surprised she spoke at that moment, given the cameras.

On The Dance, when she says "that is pretty weird" and Lindsey laughs afterward, it's clear she is being ironic and they are sharing the joke with everyone. It's a shame they repeated the banter night after night, but hey, when I first saw it, I laughed.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

On The Dance, when she says "that is pretty weird" and Lindsey laughs afterward, it's clear she is being ironic and they are sharing the joke with everyone. It's a shame they repeated the banter night after night, but hey, when I first saw it, I laughed.
When I first saw it I loved it as well. In fact, I loved it afterwards. FM fans said "isn't that weird" all of the time for about 10 years afterwards. The problem is, I think most people who saw that tour also saw the DVD.

Michele
Old 08-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He said more than that. He made comments about her live stuff etc. I totally got an angry vibe.
Yes, like she said that she and Stevie had all the hits, so his stuff wouldn't be missed that much on stage anyway, when he left the band, when she left the band, he said that her stuff never sounded that good live anyway. He may very well think that it doesn't, but he wouldn't have said that, if he wasn't upset.

Michele
Old 08-23-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, like she said that she and Stevie had all the hits, so his stuff wouldn't be missed that much on stage anyway, when he left the band, when she left the band, he said that her stuff never sounded that good live anyway. He may very well think that it doesn't, but he wouldn't have said that, if he wasn't upset.

Michele
And to drive the point home, he would not say that now. I'm guessing he's really happy she's back. They give a little muse to each other. As a musician, I know how hard it is to depart with someone that you gig with.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-23-2014 at 01:49 PM..
Old 08-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He still gets a kick out of dressing up/envision ideas from others. That's what he's good at, and Miss Nicks doesn't let him. Chris has, so he'll be thrilled.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I was a bit annoyed with the "no idea when to expect the album" bit, but I do think it will be an album. The article says so, the band has said so. I doubt Richard is right on this one. If it were merely an EP I'd be outright disgusted.
Same here. I don't want another tepid throwaway digital EP that will soon be forgotten. Go big or go home. I'll maintain my belief will we get another amazing album from this line-up. Why can't they get their **** together and understand they need to take advantage of this reunion beyond just a fleeting greatest hits tour? Why is it that everything they do (or attempt to do) gets bogged down with such heavy baggage? Have they not evolved? Apparently, the Big Machine is a Big Drag.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-23-2014 at 08:56 PM..