The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2013, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW. I was actually afraid she might chicken out, but I am SO GLAD she didn't. It's so wonderful to see her on stage again with the rest of the band. Squeeeee
Old 09-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
WOW. I was actually afraid she might chicken out, but I am SO GLAD she didn't. It's so wonderful to see her on stage again with the rest of the band. Squeeeee
Same, yo. Seeing her even for just one song is just so...magical

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Can't wait for the first HD video of the performance...! Eeek!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a NIGHT..I sooo wish I was there. Wow if this is true it makes it EVEN BETTER ...to bad Peter didn't come up on stage and play a little too..

Last edited by Deeshere; 09-25-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Old 09-25-2013, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
The five fireflies together again

No one ever leaves
Everyone stays close 'till the fire fades
Oh, my gosh. What I would give to have been there and be a part of/hear that ROAR when she came on! Beautiful Christine~back on stage where she belongs. Lucky, lucky London. <3
Old 09-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And suddenly everything seems right in the world again. Even if it's just for another EP, even one song, I hope there's more from her in the future than a twice-off appearance. They really should just let her be in the band but not tour at the same time. Realistically speaking, it's not like the band has much further to go anyway due to ages, how long of breaks they take in between, so a final musical project feature the five would be one hell of a send-off for such an amazing band.

But dropping that for the moment, I'm going to open a bottle of champagne, put on my Rumours vinyl and enjoy the rest of my night waiting for the youtube videos to appear. Such an occasion!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm crying.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Well, I'm crying.
Me, too. Christine, pleeeeeeease come to America. We LOVE you.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ya'll OMG - I think she was wearing red shoes! Aww...
Old 09-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ya'll OMG - I think she was wearing red shoes! Aww...
YES, and she's wearing that clip again.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before. Like never before.

I have never been so happy in my entire life. Well, I was this happy in December 1990, but that was 23 years ago.

All evening I kept waiting for a clue that she was coming out. The fact that Stevie dedicated Landslide to Peter Green and didn't mention Christine was a clue, but Brett's piano set up didn't look any different. So, I was apprehensive.

I saw some flowers offstage to the side, could they be intended as a present for Christine.

Then, finally after World Turning, crew members brought a Yamaha keyboard onto the stage and I almost flipped out. I screamed and jumped like a school girl.

The band acted like they didn't know what the keyboard was for. "What's this," Mick wondered. Lindsey said: "I must say that set up looks familiar."

Stevie went over to it and pantomimed playing it with her gloved hands. Maybe it was for her her use??

Mick rose and said "Our own songbird" was there. Christine came out from backstage looking absolutely gorgeous with a leather jacket (coordinating with LB, huh), sparkling top and tight, black embroidered jeans.

She hugged Stevie. Lindsey walked over. "Christine," he said.

They hugged. She went over to the Yamaha and, in my opinion, played the demons out of it. She sounded beautiful vocally and, I'm no musician, but her playing seemed strong, fast and fierce.

Lindsey stood back from his mic and looked into her eyes. I was in front of her and could only see her profile. I don't know if she was looking back. I hope so.

Stevie was in the center of it all. Exuberant.

After the song, bows and hugs all around.

Then, following Say Goodbye she came back out. It looked to me that she sort of peeked around the corner when she came from backstage, to see if it was all right. They took a group bow. Such elation.

After everyone else left the stage Stevie said that "our sister, my sister" was there and it was magnificent that she performed a song with them. She said that she got so emotional that she felt that she was almost going to mess up the whole thing. Then, she said she has become what she is, a girl from Arizona and gave the dream catcher speech.

I've been jumping out of my skin ever since it happened.

My crummy photos and remaining review to follow.

Such a beautiful band and a beautiful night.

Michele
Old 09-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Aww, the way it's supposed to be!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
@lynseyshev: Stevie just dedicated landslide to Peter Green. He's in the audience. I almost cried #fleetwoodmac
Mixed emotions. Glad that Peter was in attendance and getting credit for starting this whole juggernaut and such heartfelt words from Stevie. However, the way she set up the introduction and the fact that she said she was choked up and there was water in her eyes, I was SURE she was introducing Christine. And I thought, "If Christine is in the audience, she won't be on the stage." So, then when she said Peter Green, my knees weakened with relief and I was more certain than ever that it would happen.

Right in the beginning of the introduction, Stevie started it so earnestly but then interrupted herself to talk to Lindsey. "I just wanted to make sure you knew I was here," she said to him. He was like "what??" She then made kissing noises at him and continued her intro.

Too funny.

Michele

Michele
Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Coming out of retirement for a moment (like Christine), I have to say this was one of the most magical experiences I've ever witnessed. I basically travelled to London for this, and I must say that my stomach sank a little bit after the encores when Christine wasn't announced. But all of the sudden, they quickly set up a keyboard and mic about 10 feet away (I was at my usual station between Stevie's monitors). To say that I flipped my wig would have been an understatement. And that huge arena, perhaps larger than any other arena I've seen them at, literally erupted when Christine walked onstage from where Stevie and Lindsey usually enter. She was dressed in black skinny jeans, a black jacket and a sparkly black cami underneath with magenta suede boots with little wedge heels. Her hair was stick straight and adorned with a little clip. She looked flawless. Amidst the commotion, I suspect she was terrified. He didn't smile because she was concentrating and making eye contact. She definitely didn't carry herself like a 70-year-old woman, and she still has that sleek grace about her. It's almost as if time stood still since The Dance.

Anyway, as for the performance itself... It's a blur. I don't remember much except for the killer piano solo she did, which was amplified higher than usual. In a flash it was over, and then the five of them were doing a group hug after the song. I only remember Christine's eyes and the fact that my iPhone battery finally died at that moment.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Super happy (more than happy) for all of you who got to be there. Must have been even more magical than for us.