The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Ledgie

Default Christine at Unleashed in Wembley ???

Hey guys, Ok, so im pretty sure Stevie mentioned that Christine was in the audience at one of the Wembley shows??? (the last one I think; correct me if im wrong & apologies in advance- I didn't actually attend the Wembley concerts so I am purely going on what I've heard!!!); I remember anyway that people said they thought they seen her - did anyone get any photo's/footage or did anyone get the dedication to her (I think Stevie made it before Landslide??? ) Also am i right in sayin that there was possibly a slight tearful moment from both Stevie and Lindsey after she finished Landslide??? Was just wondering therefore if anyone had any clips of any of this or any stories to tell???
Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Never seen clips or videos but she was there

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLee770 View Post
Hey guys, Ok, so im pretty sure Stevie mentioned that Christine was in the audience at one of the Wembley shows??? (the last one I think; correct me if im wrong & apologies in advance- I didn't actually attend the Wembley concerts so I am purely going on what I've heard!!!); I remember anyway that people said they thought they seen her - did anyone get any photo's/footage or did anyone get the dedication to her (I think Stevie made it before Landslide??? ) Also am i right in sayin that there was possibly a slight tearful moment from both Stevie and Lindsey after she finished Landslide??? Was just wondering therefore if anyone had any clips of any of this or any stories to tell???
I've heard this too but somehow nobody caught this on video or even audio! Ugh I am disappointed!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I've heard this too but somehow nobody caught this on video or even audio! Ugh I am disappointed!
All Londoners should hang their heads in shame for their incompetence.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, at the beginning of the show Lindsey said he wanted to say hi to all of their friends, especially Christine and then Stevie made the dedication to her later on. I was told by band security to put my camera away in the middle of the concert, so . . . that is not exactly the reason I did not record the dedication. But it didn't help.

Michele
Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, at the beginning of the show Lindsey said he wanted to say hi to all of their friends, especially Christine and then Stevie made the dedication to her later on. I was told by band security to put my camera away in the middle of the concert, so . . . that is not exactly the reason I did not record the dedication. But it didn't help.

Michele
I wonder why they did that? The 2 London shows I was at, the 30th and 31st of October, security couldnt have cared less how many pictures I or anyone else took.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was there on 31 when Security really didn't care much, however on the last night 6 November security were asking people at the front to put their cameras etc away. Unfortunately that rainy night, when I nearly missed the concert due to London underground, I got off the train and dropped my camera - completely smashed it, so couldn't take any photos anyway!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I wonder why they did that? The 2 London shows I was at, the 30th and 31st of October, security couldnt have cared less how many pictures I or anyone else took.
They didn't do it to everyone. I felt singled out. You can't fit my camera in a shirt pocket, but it goes into my purse. The lens is not detachable. It's not a professional camera by any means, so I don't know why they had a problem with it. It wasn't stadium security that told me to put it away. It was a guy who came from behind the roped off section. He was part of the FM crew.

So, I was flustered, to say the least. But I don't take video at concert anyway. I mostly take pictures. So, I wouldn't have recorded the Christine mentions, even if I'd been unfettered.

Michele
Old 06-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They didn't do it to everyone. I felt singled out. You can't fit my camera in a shirt pocket, but it goes into my purse. The lens is not detachable. It's not a professional camera by any means, so I don't know why they had a problem with it. It wasn't stadium security that told me to put it away. It was a guy who came from behind the roped off section. He was part of the FM crew.

So, I was flustered, to say the least. But I don't take video at concert anyway. I mostly take pictures. So, I wouldn't have recorded the Christine mentions, even if I'd been unfettered.

Michele
Hmm was he sort of an asian looking guy sort of with kind of long shaggy black hair?
Old 06-11-2010, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Not to digress from this thread, but I'm curious, I know you went also in 2003 to Earl's Court. How would you compare Earl's Court to Wembley Arena?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm was he sort of an asian looking guy sort of with kind of long shaggy black hair?
No. I'd say he was a guy of 50 or 60 with light brown hair, medium build. I wasn't using flash on my camera either and I wasn't filming video. Although, since I was taking consecutive shots and kept my finger on the button, they might have thought I was filming.

Quote:
Not to digress from this thread, but I'm curious, I know you went also in 2003 to Earl's Court. How would you compare Earl's Court to Wembley Arena?
My Earl's court experience was soured by the fact that they had these giant black screens on the side of the stage that obscured the view. I had first row seats and I was so excited about it, not knowing the lay out of the arena. I knew I wasn't in the center, but I figured my seat would still be really good. When I got there, my seats were all the way over on the very end on the right and with everyone standing, the black screens really obscured peripheral view of the stage. So, I wasn't happy.

Wembley was ok once I actually got inside. But pushing through that mass of people to get inside wasn't easy. I've never seen such tight congestion. It seemed too small for the number of people it held.

As for sound quality and the show that FM put on, I guess I really don't remember 2003 enough to compare.

Michele