User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's Buzzing In My Ears - Peter Parcek 3
By DashboardDJ856
The disc opens with Peter Parcek's take on Fleetwood Mac's "Showbiz Blues," written by one of his idols, Peter Green. Parcek lays down electric lead and rhythm guitar, slide, and National steel resonator guitar to "Showbiz Blues," and ...
http://mog.com/DashboardDJ856/blog/2551986
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fan-filmed video footage of HALFORD
"The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)" last night (Wednesday, December 1) at Madison Square Garden in New York City (as the support act for OZZY OSBOURNE) can be viewed below.

HALFORD's setlist was as follows:

01. Resurrection
02. Made In Hell
03. Locked And Loaded
04. Made Of Metal
05. Nailed To The Gun (FIGHT cover)
06. Fire And Ice
07. Thunder And Lightning
08. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC/JUDAS PRIEST cover)
09. Diamonds And Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover)
10. Jawbreaker (JUDAS PRIEST cover)
11. Like There's No Tomorrow
12. Cyberworld

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=150306
Old 12-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Fan-filmed video footage of HALFORD
"The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown)" last night (Wednesday, December 1) at Madison Square Garden in New York City (as the support act for OZZY OSBOURNE) can be viewed below.

HALFORD's setlist was as follows:

01. Resurrection
02. Made In Hell
03. Locked And Loaded
04. Made Of Metal
05. Nailed To The Gun (FIGHT cover)
06. Fire And Ice
07. Thunder And Lightning
08. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC/JUDAS PRIEST cover)
09. Diamonds And Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover)
10. Jawbreaker (JUDAS PRIEST cover)
11. Like There's No Tomorrow
12. Cyberworld

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=150306
Just like Judas Priest they made a terrific job of killing the essence of the song by disbanding the haunting suspense only Peter could hav brought into it.
Halford and Judas Priest should be sent to jail or something the like
Old 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bob Welch - His Fleetwood Mac Years And Beyond (CD, Album) at Discogs
The recordings contained on this compact disc are new recordings by Bob Welch of songs he performed while a member of Fleetwood Mac and his solo career. ...
http://www.discogs.com/Bob-Welch-His...ood.../2584367
Old 12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Great photos! Please post more of them if you are able to get more from the person who shot them.
Sorry for slow response, here's two more:

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x460/zoork_1/MF.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x460/zoork_1/JS.jpg

/z
Old 12-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoork_1 View Post
Thanks, zoork! Great to see these old photos.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What's the real deal with Danny Kirwin's 'burst? - My Les Paul Forums
By SingeMonkey
You only hear praise for him from Fleetwood Mac fans. Based on a couple of conversations I've had, this may be because some of his most famous work - like Jigsaw Puzzle Blues - gets attributed to Peter Green. ...
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/vint...ans-burst.html
Old 12-24-2010, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is from the web, not made by Viv

Fleetwood Mac feat. Peter Green
Swing Auditorium, San Bernardino, CA
07-19-1971
SBD from 1st Gen. Reel! A++

As we all know Peter Green left Fleetwood Mac in 1970. But this is no date typo, it's the real thing. In fact, Peter Green re-joined Fleetwood Mac for a few tour dates, after Jeremy Spencer left Fleetwood Mac hanging when he took off with this cult called Children of God.
Tell Me All The Things You Do is a freakin' masterpiece, just like those infamous 1970 shows!
Since this is indeed very rare stuff, I upped it as wav files. Please enjoy without moderation!

http://gratefulbreed.blogspot.com/20...een-swing.html
Old 12-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Powerpopaholic: Stuff I somehow missed: The Autumn Defense, Bleu ...
By Aaron
Echoes of early Fleetwood Mac and Neil Young are visible in most of these tracks , but nothing comes close to that dynamic first single. Amazon. Bleu "Four". Bleu returns after last year's "Watched Pot" to this self funded fourth album. ...
http://powerpopaholic.blogspot.com/2...n-defense.html
Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

10 albums that changed Bill Mumy’s life

You may recognize Bill Mumy from one of his alter egos, such as Will Robinson from TV’s “Lost in Space.” But Mumy has been part of musical groups The Jenerators, Barnes & Barnes, Seduction of the Innocent, The Be Five and Redwood. His latest solo album is “Glorious in Defeat.”

Fleetwood Mac:
Then Play On
I could listen to Peter Green play guitar forever. “Oh Well” is amazing. Fleetwood Mac managed to create the extended jam-rock blues style, and they did it right. The interplay of Peter Green’s vintage Gibson Les Paul weaving in and out with Danny Kirwan’s Les Paul paved the way for many other groups to follow, but none did it better — beautiful, soulful playing behind the tasty and powerful rhythm section of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, who remain the only constants in Fleetwood Mac. Danny Kirwan contributes some soothing mellow pop blues songs here, but it’s all about Peter Green. This album taught me that white boys can play the blues.

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/1...bill-mumy-life
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Under the covers December 30, 2010
Posted by fetzthechemist

I had one of those musical epiphanies a couple of week’s ago. I bought a CD of the early Fleetwood Mac, pre-Stevie Nicks and pre-going-pop. (It’s called The Best of Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac). I got the CD because it was a high-school memory. One of my good friends was big into them – I remember listening to the Bare Trees album at his house during my senior year, so it must have been 1971 or 1972. The epiphany? There is the song “Black Magic Woman”, the one Carlos Santana had as a hit. But the songwriter is Peter Green, so Santana was covering it.

I have a mental list I keep of famous songs made famous by an artist, but in reality written and performed first by another famous artist who nobody connects with the song. I’ll list a few and my comments.

Some sort of string together….like Three Dog Night made the sone One (is the loneliness number) a hit, but it is a Harry Neilsson song. But Harry Nilsson covered Badfinger’s Without You. Badfinger did Come and get it, but that was a Paul McCartney song written for the movie “The Magic Christian”, which Ringo Starr was in. Harry Nilsson gets an asterisk note here as a famous artist who did a very famous and recognizable song that nobody associates him with…..”People let me tell you about my best friend…”, yeah, the theme from The Courtship of Edie’s Father.

Rod Stewart covered Robert Palmer’s Some Guys have all the Luck (and in his anthology boxed set made the mistake of saying it was not the Robert Palmer who made the videos with the tall, slinking women in black, when it was one and the same Robert Palmer).

Tina Turner covered Credence Clearwater Revival’s Proud Mary. John Fogarty had stopped playing the song in concerts, but when people started saying it was a Tina Turner song he resumed playing iy to get credit.

Whitney Houston covered Dolly Parton’s I will always love you.

Olivia Newton-John covered Bob Dylan’s If not for You – but the arrangement of it sounds very much like George Harrison’s cover version, rather than the Bob Dylan one – but George got no credit for that inspiration (ironically this was in the period where George was being suited by the composers of She’s So Fine for plagarism in his song My Sweet Lord).

There must being others. I just find it intriguing how a song gets popularized.

http://fetzthechemist.wordpress.com/...er-the-covers/
Old 01-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Just like Judas Priest they made a terrific job of killing the essence of the song by disbanding the haunting suspense only Peter could hav brought into it.
Halford and Judas Priest should be sent to jail or something the like

They took all of the darkness, and evil out of the song, from a band that's supposed to be ironically dark, and evil. To read those punks on Youtube who are JP fans tell me that they made "The Green Manalishi" better is dumb at best. Where are the power chords? Where is the space of time with dread, where is the evil laugh? Judas Priest did a 'Pat Boone' to what was a very scary song in 1970.

There's no doubt that Peter Green's "Green Manalishi" inspired Brian May, and later helped to create the early 80's wave of British Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden).
Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Saturday, January 01, 2011
Green makes a hard morning easier

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
Well, 2011 began like so many mornings in 2010.
RORY THE INSOMNIAC DOG woke me up waaaaay too early.
I can never get back to sleep once the cold air of the outdoors hits my feet -- Rory really had to go out, apparently -- so I am sitting here listening to some blues while the rest of last night's revelers slumber (heck, I think Rory even went back to sleep).
Sometimes you hear about so-called "guitar gods" and think: Yeah, whatever. I never think that about PETER GREEN.

I just heard his absolutely stunning work on the instrumental, "The Supernatural," on the classic British blues album, "A HARD ROAD," by JOHN MAYALL & THE BLUESBREAKERS.

Green would eventually form Fleetwood Mac, but in 1966 he had the unenviable task of replacing Eric Clapton in Mayall's band.

The next year, Green proved any doubters wrong with his great work on "A Hard Road," then he struck out on his own with former the Bluesbreakers rhythm section, drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie, in Fleetwood Mac.
As ever, Mayall simply retooled, and future Rolling Stone Mick Taylor joined the band -- basically a nursery for the best British guitarists in a generation.
This album is so good, it just about makes up for the early morning doggy wake-up call.

http://erik1966route1.blogspot.com/2...ng-easier.html
Old 01-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bob Welch’s next column, in its entirety: “Go Ducks!(1,000)” Media digest Jan. 4, 2011
Some business, first and foremost: a post on the new Voice and Ethos is on its way, but there is a lot to read yet on that score.

With that down, I’d like to draw our attention to the words of Eugene resident Leslie Graham, who gives the following pointer to Guard columnist Bob Welch: “I love my Ducks! That’s what Welch should have said, over and over again.” Also, who here wouldn’t like to see Eugene’s Bob Welch perform a set of Fleetwood Mac covers, or possibly turn out for the Oakland Athletics?

http://www.oregoncommentator.com/201...st-jan-4-2011/
Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood, Dave Kelly, Peter Green - Rarities (1995)

MP3 320Kbps | 47 min 02 sec | Covers | 115.51 Mb

Genre: Rock, British Blues | Label: Appaloosa

“Rarities is a British blues classic album from the late 60s featuring unreleased material of former Fleetwood Mac, Savoy Brown and Blues Band members and various British blues artists: Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood, Bob Hall, Danny Kirwan, Bob Brunning, Jo-Ann and Dave Kelly, and others. ”

Tracklist

---------

01. Ride With Your Daddy Tonight (Peter Green, vocals)

02. Simple Simon (Bob Bruning, vocals)

03. Ah! Soul (instrumental)

04. It Takes Time (Peter Green, vocals)

05. If You Let Me Love You (Peter Green, vocals)

06. Uranus (instrumental)

07. Own Up (Jo Ann Kelly & Dave Kelly, vocals)

08. Somebody Watching Me (Jo Ann Kelly & Dave Kelly, vocals)

09. Baby, What You Want Me To Do (Jo Ann Kelly & Dave Kelly, vocals)

10. Street Walking Blues (Dave Kelly, vocals)

11. Hard Work (instrumental)

12. Too Late For That Now (Jo Ann Kelly & Dave Kelly, vocals)

13. Funky Monkey (Dave Kelly, vocals)

Personnel:

------

Peter Green (vocals, guitar)

Bob Brunning (vocals, bass)

Jo-Ann Kelly, Dave Kelly (vocals)

Danny Kirwan, Colin Jordan (guitar)

Bob Brooks (saxophone)

Bob Hall (piano)

Pete Banham, Mick Fleetwood (drums)

Ian Morton (percussion)

http://www.downeu.com/forum/music/33...es-1995-a.html