Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie and Rick, Chris and Billy

I'd have thought Christine would have had a kinship with Rick Vito- both having a love of the blues. It would have been great if they'd collaborated a bit for Behind The Mask and come up with something that was a little bluesy.

I'd have thought Stevie would have had something of a soul mate in Billy as many of her songs over the years have had a country tinge to them. I think they could have made beautiful music together.

And yet- if anything the musical pairings for that line up seemed to have been the other way around. Stevie and Rick 'collaborated' on Love Is Dangerous and The Second Time (and Paper Doll). Christine and Billy wrote Do You Know together and lent a lot of vocals to each others compositions.

I wonder how this record would have turned out if Christine/Rick and Stevie/Billy had worked together. Curious
Old 05-13-2015, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

I used to think about this as well though I guess it's not surprising looking back now on Christine & Billy working together since they had some history working together before but the rest of the scenarios are still surprising. I wonder if the others really did team up but we don't know about it based on what was and wasn't released on BTM? Maybe those tracks that we know about which weren't released (and perhaps others that we might not know about) do point to such collaborations? Just an idea.

John
Old 05-13-2015, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I used to think about this as well though I guess it's not surprising looking back now on Christine & Billy working together since they had some history working together before but the rest of the scenarios are still surprising. I wonder if the others really did team up but we don't know about it based on what was and wasn't released on BTM? Maybe those tracks that we know about which weren't released (and perhaps others that we might not know about) do point to such collaborations? Just an idea.

John
I hadn't really thought about Christine and Billy's previous collaboration.
I wonder how much input Rick really had into those BTM songs. It might be doing him a disservice (and I sincerely apologize if I am Rick) but I wonder whether his song writing credits were a deliberate middle finger towards Lindsey, given his own lack of credit on her songs.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I hadn't really thought about Christine and Billy's previous collaboration.
I wonder how much input Rick really had into those BTM songs. It might be doing him a disservice (and I sincerely apologize if I am Rick) but I wonder whether his song writing credits were a deliberate middle finger towards Lindsey, given his own lack of credit on her songs.
Well I know there are others here that can speak more about the tracks recorded for BTM that weren't used so hopefully they can elaborate more on that here soon but it does sound like Rick did offer a good serving of tracks which weren't used. So the album makes it looks like he didn't input much but the whole story (or, more of the story) is he did and not much was used.

John
Old 05-13-2015, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
So the album makes it looks like he didn't input much but the whole story (or, more of the story) is he did and not much was used.
The label decided to focus more on the girls.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-29-2015, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Not to offend anyone by saying this, but I think leaving Rick out of it may have been the better option.
Don't take me wrong, I like Rick Vito, really. Still, a band with just Mick, John, Chris and Billy would maybe have worked better...or at least a band with a non-vocal Rick.
Please know I'm saying all this as a definite fan of Lindsey, so in reality, all I really wanted was for LB to come back.
Aside from that, I did enjoy Christine's non-LB songs......Do You Know, Sooner or Later (a definite fave), Love Shines, Heart of Stone, etc....
I am not all about LB, but Christine has had many amazing songs that can somewhat be attributed to what Lindsey has added to them.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd have thought Stevie would have had something of a soul mate in Billy as many of her songs over the years have had a country tinge to them. I think they could have made beautiful music together.
Did you ever hear the version of "Are You Mine" they recorded together?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Not to offend anyone by saying this, but I think leaving Rick out of it may have been the better option.
Don't take me wrong, I like Rick Vito, really. Still, a band with just Mick, John, Chris and Billy would maybe have worked better...or at least a band with a non-vocal Rick.
Yes, I know where you are coming from- probably 'too many cooks' lost them a bit of identity. Perhaps just three voices would have been in keeping with their identifiable recent past. Also, they looked and sounded really good for Love Shines- I'd have taken more of that, with or without Stevie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Did you ever hear the version of "Are You Mine" they recorded together?
No, but I have now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrSYMxcn900

That's exactly what I'd have imagined. Why didn't they just put that on Behind The Mask? Beats the hell out of The Second Time.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have always loved that duet. Stevie's voice is stellar!