Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Clifford Davis IS Fleetwood Mac.
He's one hell of a manager. Now you leave him alone, David.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Oh, how would I love to understand people one day! And the reason behind that idiotic love.
Ah yes but that’s what makes us all different and interesting....
There is no reasoning behind love of any kind or sort...
Some people do have a BLIND love for Stevie, there’s no explaining that.

It’s their prerogative and although difficult to comprehend it’s not “idiotic”

PS I do not have a blind love for Stevie....as I’ve said umpteen times it’s the band I love.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Clifford Davis IS Fleetwood Mac.
Allegedly, .
Old 01-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Ah yes but that’s what makes us all different and interesting....
There is no reasoning behind love of any kind or sort...
Some people do have a BLIND love for Stevie, there’s no explaining that.

It’s their prerogative and although difficult to comprehend it’s not “idiotic”

PS I do not have a blind love for Stevie....as I’ve said umpteen times it’s the band I love.
I would never support Lindsey if I know he did something wrong. So it’s kinda idiotic.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would never support Lindsey if I know he did something wrong. So it’s kinda idiotic.
Good point, it’s their blindness to the actions she took that’s idiotic, understood..
Old 01-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey didn't choose to leave. He was forced out and all of the plans were made behind is back; which turned into an enormous public embarrassment for him.
Whatever he did, it didn't warrant such horrible behavior by the rest of the band.
Chris left the band by choice for personal reasons.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Lindsey didn't choose to leave. He was forced out and all of the plans were made behind is back; which turned into an enormous public embarrassment for him.
Whatever he did, it didn't warrant such horrible behavior by the rest of the band.
Chris left the band by choice for personal reasons.
he did a lot - wrote songs, produced, played, arranged, had a vision and helped band members when they were down and out, over decades. a behavior that needs to be punished so that others can take the credit.

we've all seen conniving people get ahead while unsuspecting get pushed down. happens every day in real world, unfortunately.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 01-27-2019 at 06:43 PM..
Old 01-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he did a lot - wrote songs, produced, played, arranged, had a vision and helped band members when they were down and out, over decades. a behavior that needs to be punished so that others can take the credit.

we've all seen conniving people get ahead while unsuspecting get pushed down. happens every day in real world, unfortunately.
Well said Elle--and as far as public embarrassment, the remaining "band" owns that. They lied, and wound up being called out for it publicly. They should be embarrassed given how they've conducted themselves.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Let me rebut you.

Yes, he did all those things and ought to be congratulated for them. He also:
- Tried to force Stevie's hand and cajole her into recording a studio album with Fleetwood Mac by recording eight songs with Mick and John shortly after her mother died. He then tried her to convince her to sing on these when she clearly did not want to and of course, he knew that all along.
- He is the man who said to/about Christine "she can't just come and go", after he left the band for ten years from 1987-1997 and came back for one off appearances in 1990 and 1993 giving fans false hope for a reunion - ok, until the reunion happened, after ten years of to-ing and fro-ing.
- He wanted to intersperse solo shows with Fleetwood Mac shows. Hardly could say "stand with my band" on that front.
- Got so caught up in the lustful of appeal of new music that he forgot about the financial rewards of touring as well as the higher fan demand for touring versus new music.
- He got his wish and released a pseudo Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie and STILL was NOT satisfied and wanted to do a second album with Stevie involved. Pushed for this prior to the current tour, even when he knew it was not what she wanted and she had told him several (MANY) times why.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Let me rebut you.

Yes, he did all those things and ought to be congratulated for them. He also:
- Tried to force Stevie's hand and cajole her into recording a studio album with Fleetwood Mac by recording eight songs with Mick and John shortly after her mother died. He then tried her to convince her to sing on these when she clearly did not want to and of course, he knew that all along.
- He is the man who said to/about Christine "she can't just come and go", after he left the band for ten years from 1987-1997 and came back for one off appearances in 1990 and 1993 giving fans false hope for a reunion - ok, until the reunion happened, after ten years of to-ing and fro-ing.
- He wanted to intersperse solo shows with Fleetwood Mac shows. Hardly could say "stand with my band" on that front.
- Got so caught up in the lustful of appeal of new music that he forgot about the financial rewards of touring as well as the higher fan demand for touring versus new music.
- He got his wish and released a pseudo Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie and STILL was NOT satisfied and wanted to do a second album with Stevie involved. Pushed for this prior to the current tour, even when he knew it was not what she wanted and she had told him several (MANY) times why.
You need to post some pics of your $tevie $hrine. I'm sure it's fabulou$.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you for real? Lindsey’s two appearances at the last two BTM shows and the friggin Clinton inauguration are considered “to-ing and fro-ing???”

He played along on 2-3 songs at those BTM shows as it was to be the last show with Chris and Stevie. He played exactly ONE song in 1993 as requested by the then President-Elect during inauguration planning.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You need to post some pics of your $tevie $hrine. I'm sure it's fabulou$.
I especially love the part about "forcing Stevie to do something". As if Karen would have allowed that!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I especially love the part about "forcing Stevie to do something". As if Karen would have allowed that!
Never say you'd like to smack Karen's smug face. Someone will never let you live it down.

Oh wait, that person seems to be MIA of late.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I actually think the above is a pretty good crystallization of why the two sides on this issue will never see eye to eye.

If you're a fan of A BAND, and you're characterizing CREATING MUSIC as some sort of lesser endeavor to a massive arena tour in which they play songs we've all heard on numerous previous tours, how could you ever understand the frustrations of someone who puts that creative process first?

It's not as if Lindsey was demanding the band stop touring altogether and only record new music. He was saying, Let's do what we've always* done and put an album out first, then tour behind it. I personally know I'll never understand why that suddenly became such a burdensome ask from 2005-2018.

*Until 2009.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Are you for real? Lindsey’s two appearances at the last two BTM shows and the friggin Clinton inauguration are considered “to-ing and fro-ing???”
Not only that, but Christine and Stevie also came back in 1997. And if Fleetwood Mac was truly disbanded by that point, Mick and John came back, too. That's not a good example of Lindsey jumping out and jumping in. They all reunited.

Quote:
He played along on 2-3 songs at those BTM shows as it was to be the last show with Chris and Stevie. He played exactly ONE song in 1993 as requested by the then President-Elect during inauguration planning.
And Fleetwood Mac asked him to play those two nights. It had nothing to do with teasing the audience about a reunion. In fact, LB himself made clear to the press that he was NOT joining the band permanently. He wouldn't have done the Clinton gala, either, if the rest of the band (Stevie primarily, by all accounts) hadn't convinced him to do so. He had no personal interest in it. The attempt to portray him as a fickle "in-and-out" kind of guy during those years is baseless and inaccurate.

moviekinks.blogspot.com