Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Beryl Talks about Shotgun Express

[Maybe there will be more photos in her book. There's one of her with Rod, but not of Mick or Peter]

Mirror Co.uk, Sep 17, 2014 22:30 By Amanda Killelea

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...e-like-4277447

Beryl performed and toured with The Beatles, was in a band with Rod Stewart and Mick Fleetwood, and dated Rolling Stone Keith Richards. So why did fame happen for Cilla and not Beryl?

She formed the band Shotgun Express with a young Rod Stewart and Fleetwood Mac founders Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green. She performed with Martha Reeves and the Vandellas and hung out with BBC DJs Jimmy Young and Pete Murray.

“Rod was always popular with the ladies and would flirt with them a bit,” says Beryl. “But it was different then – there were no groupies or screaming girls.

“It was so incredible in the sixties. It was such an exciting time, a time of change. It wasn’t long after the war, and there was still rationing when I was a kid. But all of a sudden there was this optimism and amazing music.

“Having a boyfriend was the last thing on my mind, but I did go on a couple of dates with Keith Richards. I met him at a gig at the Twisted Wheel Club in Manchester and we met up again in London. He was really sweet.”

Music fans from all over the world still visit the Cavern Club and Beryl also returns.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...#ixzz3DiSWdB1h
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Old 09-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Didn't know about her book, should be good.

Her compilation album (Changes: Story Of...) has I Could Feel The Whole World Turn 'Round (by Shotgun Express, NOT a vinyl rip this time) and an alternate version of Funny 'Cos Neither Could I (by Shotgun Express, post-Rod but Mick is on both) which is unavailable elsewhere that I know of.

http://www.amazon.com/Changes-Story-...+BERYL+MARSDEN

John
Old 09-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
Didn't know about her book, should be good.
My mistake. It seems like she isn't doing a book. She was just interviewed in response to a tv documentary.

Michele
Old 09-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
My mistake. It seems like she isn't doing a book. She was just interviewed in response to a tv documentary.

Michele
It's not a TV documentary ,it's a three part drama about the life of Cilla Black (ie Actresses playing Beryl and Cilla ) part one was mostly about the Cavern Club and how Cilla met her husband to be , and part two is screened on ITV tomorrow night (I think ¬)