The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What should Fleetwood Mac do about Stevie Nicks since she refuses to record w/them?
The should kick her out of the band unless she agrees to participate in a new album. 17 17.35%
They should finish the album without her but let her tour with them. 18 18.37%
They should finish the album and do a small tour without her, but then do a big tour with her. 38 38.78%
They should replace her with someone else. 4 4.08%
They should just disband and end Fleetwood Mac. 5 5.10%
They should not record anything new and just tour with Stevie as Fleetwood Mac. 16 16.33%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2016, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I wish one of the poll choices was: "They should kick her out of the band."

That's different from: "The should kick her out of the band unless she agrees to participate in a new album," which is the choice the poll gives us.

Stevie has had plenty of opportunity to agree to participate and hasn't. It's time for the four to conclude that she isn't interested and go on without her. I am hoping that that is exactly what they are doing. Christine's statements to interviewers earlier this fall, and a picture or two that have emerged from what looks like a recording studio, give me hope that they really ARE finishing the album and we'll be hearing something about it very soon.
You need to re-evaluate. It's really not different from what you r talking about.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lol. Stevie only gave the Mac two top ten hits, eh? "Rhiannon' may have peaked at #11, but is a seminol rock classic played constantly on radio to this day. "Gypsy" peaked at #12 but it too gets massive airplay these days. Way more than than the top 5 "Hold me" does these days. "Landslide' and " Gold Dust Woman" were never hit singles but are also seminol classics. Stevie is just as vital as Christine and Lindsey to the mighty Mac.

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 12-21-2016 at 12:33 PM..
Old 12-21-2016, 12:35 PM
TheWildHeart67
This message has been deleted by TheWildHeart67.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Lol. Stevie only gave the Mac two top ten hits, eh? "Rhiannon' may have peaked at #11, but is a seminol rock classic played constantly on radio to this day. "Gypsy" peaked at #12 but it too gets massive airplay these days. Way more than than the top 5 "Hold me" does these days. "Landslide' and " Gold Dust Woman" were never hit singles but are also seminol classics. Stevie is just as vital as Christine and Lindsey to the mighty Mac.
I have to agree with this. Regardless of chart position, I do hear Stevie's songs more than any other FM songs (except for maybe GYOW). My local stations are always playing Rhiannon, Dreams, Landslide, Gypsy, Sara, and Gold Dust Woman. I hear Seven Wonders sometimes too. This isn't to say that these songs are any better than Christine's or Lindsey's but i think in terms of relevance Stevie's FM songs are more popular.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
But, I can say the same thing about Say You Love Me and Everywhere, and Songbird seems to get covered a lot. I've also heard I'm So Afraid, Second Hand News, and Never Going Back Again a lot over the years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But, I can say the same thing about Say You Love Me and Everywhere, and Songbird seems to get covered a lot. I've also heard I'm So Afraid, Second Hand News, and Never Going Back Again a lot over the years.
Everywhere has been very popular the last few years, especially in Europe. It's one their most popular songs.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All i ever hear is "Little Lies" and "Hold Me".
Old 12-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear Go Your Own Way more than anything else. Even my little sister knows that song and she doesn't listen to that kind of music at all.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:02 PM
Registered

issue a "factual" ( google it ) Press Release that she is indeed done with them .
Old 12-21-2016, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
issue a "factual" ( google it ) Press Release that she is indeed done with them .
And that's the problem...the is no official 'I am done with them'. Instead she leaves them hanging.
She needs to do one thing or the other, not leave them in limbo wanting to be a productive band, wanting to make an album with Christine for the first time in 30 years. The four are stuck in no mans land at the moment.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
And that's the problem...the is no official 'I am done with them'. Instead she leaves them hanging.
She needs to do one thing or the other, not leave them in limbo wanting to be a productive band, wanting to make an album with Christine for the first time in 30 years. The four are stuck in no mans land at the moment.
But we don't really know if they're "hanging", for all we know they had already kicked her out. Or she already said to them that she wants to leave. We don't really know anything but the fact that Stevie said that she'd prefer touring instead of making new music but let's face it, she says many things and then changes idea thousands of times.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the UK I'd say Christine's songs are on the radio most by a long way- Everywhere, Little Lies and Don't Stop are very heavily aired. Go Your Own Way is played quite a bit and so are Dreams and The Chain. Other than that Tusk, Big Love, Songbird, and Landslide get an airing every now and then. Heard Rhiannon on Absolute Rock radio just the other day...its a long time since I've heard that on the radio. In all honesty I don't think I've ever heard Say You Love Me, You Make Loving Fun, Hold Me, Sara, Gypsy or Seven Wonders on the radio (not to say they never get played). In fact, after Christine's I'd say Peter Green songs are played more often than either Lindsey or Stevie's songs. I guess it depends on which stations you listen to though.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
But we don't really know if they're "hanging", for all we know they had already kicked her out. Or she already said to them that she wants to leave. We don't really know anything but the fact that Stevie said that she'd prefer touring instead of making new music but let's face it, she says many things and then changes idea thousands of times.
Nope, we don't really know anything. That's why we spend day after day, week after week going around in circles speculating. All we really know is that Mick and Christine keep saying we've made most of an album but we dont know what will happen with Stevie as she hasn't committed to anything yet.
As far as I'm concerned though, if an artist tells their band 'I don't want to record anything with you' that should amount to 'I don't want to be in your band'.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
But we don't really know if they're "hanging", for all we know they had already kicked her out.
We definitely know they haven't kicked her out, because she would have said something extremely colorful about it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2016, 03:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
We definitely know they haven't kicked her out, because she would have said something extremely colorful about it.
so what is all of this ( thread ) for ?
Old 12-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not yet, but the tour hasn't ended.