Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, Karen tells her she's a queen.
Well even Lindsey referred to her as the queen in Swan Song though I don’t think it was meant very complimentary lol
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well even Lindsey referred to her as the queen in Swan Song though I don’t think it was meant very complimentary lol
He probably smirked after saying it, as well.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
. Remember she cuts verses from songs to give her more time to shake her head during Gold Dust Woman.
Old 09-20-2022, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He probably smirked after saying it, as well.
He should’ve waltzed. No issues there.
Old 09-20-2022, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
He should’ve waltzed. No issues there.
Apparently waltzing is acceptable. Smirking is not. Noted.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Was at the Mansfield show last night. I forgot how horrendously disorganized that venue is. Stevie put on a great show as usual, but I was in the car for two hours just waiting to get into the venue, missed Carlton's set, and "Outside the Rain." Stevie also came on a half hour earlier than usual, and cut the two 'In Your Dreams' songs because of the impending storm it seems. Her rendition of "For What its Worth" was great, and she seemed to really be enjoying herself, even saying she should "run for queen" at the end of the show LOL
Old 09-20-2022, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemono411 View Post
Was at the Mansfield show last night. I forgot how horrendously disorganized that venue is. Stevie put on a great show as usual, but I was in the car for two hours just waiting to get into the venue, missed Carlton's set, and "Outside the Rain." Stevie also came on a half hour earlier than usual, and cut the two 'In Your Dreams' songs because of the impending storm it seems. Her rendition of "For What its Worth" was great, and she seemed to really be enjoying herself, even saying she should "run for queen" at the end of the show LOL
Oh no, sorry you couldn't get in for Stevie's first song! So Landslide was the only ballad she sang at the show?
Old 09-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Oh no, sorry you couldn't get in for Stevie's first song! So Landslide was the only ballad she sang at the show?
Indeed it was
I live just 20 minutes from Asbury Park and didn't want to go to a festival because of the crowd and Stevie's tendency to play shorter sets at festivals. Definitely should have just braved it instead of driving 5 hours to Massachusetts and then waiting in line to get in the venue for 2 hours in the car
Old 09-21-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Indeed it was
I live just 20 minutes from Asbury Park and didn't want to go to a festival because of the crowd and Stevie's tendency to play shorter sets at festivals. Definitely should have just braved it instead of driving 5 hours to Massachusetts and then waiting in line to get in the venue for 2 hours in the car
That's happened to me before, too. Uhhh, and why they would start early when they see all these people still coming in???

Glad you enjoyed what you saw.
Old 09-21-2022, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Indeed it was
Oh. Maybe you can see her this weekend in Bridgeport, Connecticut if that's a fair drive for you. I think that's a small festival, not as big as Asbury Park or Jazz Festival.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love the twirls in Rhiannon and again more of them at the end of the song. And I love at the very end when she says: :"Halloween is coming," in a witchy voice.

Old 09-27-2022, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Love the twirls in Rhiannon and again more of them at the end of the song. And I love at the very end when she says: :"Halloween is coming," in a witchy voice.
Nice vocal too. I like the quick twirl right before "Dreams Unwind"

Is she wearing a sheet? Those are not chiffon sleeves.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is that Marilyn Martin back there? I love seeing Marilyn back onstage with Stevie! It’s been a long, long trail a–winding.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-27-2022, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is that Marilyn Martin back there? I love seeing Marilyn back onstage with Stevie! It’s been a long, long trail a–winding.
Yes its her. She also did the very long 24K Gold tour with Stevie in 2016 and 2017
I first saw her when she was in Joe Walsh's band in 1983. She can definitely sing but her backing vocals were too loud and did not quite fit with Joe's music IMHO of course
Old 09-27-2022, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes its her. She also did the very long 24K Gold tour with Stevie in 2016 and 2017
I first saw her when she was in Joe Walsh's band in 1983. She can definitely sing but her backing vocals were too loud and did not quite fit with Joe's music IMHO of course
The first time I saw her with Stevie (and Joe) was at Irvine Meadows in September 1983. She had a really powerful voice on “If Anyone Falls” there and at the LA Forum the next week. She is tiny, like a little sprite. I hear that Caroline Brooks sang on the earlier tour legs, before Stevie reached California.

At the big sold-out Forum show, Nicks grabbed a stuffed animal on the stage and propped it on Marilyn’s shoulder and neck. All sorts of fun stuff happened that night, and things got even more fun at the underground Supper Club beneath the arena.

moviekinks.blogspot.com