Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I heard she has to shop at Cabella’s because she got banned from Dick’s.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
didn't he report that she was happy when the dog finally died? Or am I misremembering that ??
The dog was probably mean to her

Just doing what everyone’s doing here to justify her actions. Plastic chair, 5’1 Stevie, blah, blah, blah.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
The thought of 5'1 Stevie trying to throw a chair at 5'8 Christine doesn't inspire fear in me. It makes me .
I mean... being hit by a chair would hurt, no matter who threw it. Good thing she missed
Old 10-28-2018, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thought of 5'1 Stevie trying to throw a chair at 5'8 Christine doesn't inspire fear in me. It makes me .

REALLY?????? Can she do ANYTHING that you won't defend? JESUS F CHRIST! Now I know why certain people get into power. People will let them get away with anything if they are blinded by their fanaticism. JUST WOW
Old 10-28-2018, 09:00 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
REALLY?????? Can she do ANYTHING that you won't defend? JESUS F CHRIST! Now I know why certain people get into power. People will let them get away with anything if they are blinded by their fanaticism. JUST WOW
Yeah, I gotta second this... One of the more ridiculous comments over the last few weeks of shocking ridiculousness (from a lot of people).

MORE IMPORTANTLY, THOUGH: NO. KLONOPIN DOES A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN JUST MAKE A PERSON TIRED, especially with regular use. The withdrawals come very fast and we're talking about a central nervous system depressant—lots of side effects from it, perhaps even when correctly spaced/dosed. At the very least it's important to note this because while SN rightly talks negatively about Klonopin, much of the medical community does not; it's still considered one of the best benzos. And it isn't. Not at all. Aside from the "Klonopin shuffle" (wobbly, easily fall over) being an occasional-to-regular occurence, there's the EATING, the people whom Klonopin relaxes to the point of manic or near-manic behaviors (shopping, sex, etc)... As bad for a person's behavior as a decade of being a cokehead—just different.

So, no, between the "laugh at the chair" and the claim that Klonopin only one makes one sleepy... COME ON NOW. Claims like this certainly aren't helping any case in defense of SN. And I write this a person who favors her in the various conversations...
Old 10-28-2018, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I don't care how short she is, how much she weighed at the time, what prescription drug was forcibly shoved down her throat by Dr. Meanie, it was wrong.
I love it when you Ledgie's can make me laugh out loud!
Old 10-28-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No more laughable than 5'1 Stevie launching herself at and trying to kill (her words) 5'10 Lindsey. Let's just make sure we are setting the table appropriately here. And before anyone starts yelling "misogny" at me....I am a woman.

Last edited by Storms123; 10-28-2018 at 09:33 PM..
Old 10-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ed's on his high horse. Don't waste your time...
Well, apparently you can call someone an ass on here with impunity. So to that I say, you're such an ASS on the Ledge.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The level of violence depends on .... the violence, not the gender. Of course, male on female violence is the biggest problem because it is the most prevalent. Yes, a man can inflict more severe injury than a woman, because he’s stronger. The violence that CAH described is very severe and is does not compare to Stevie throwing a chair at Christine which chair never made contact with Christine, but if Stevie hit Christine over the head with a club or knifed Lindsey, then that’s not a lesser problem than Lindsey’s alleged violence, whether Stevie is a woman, man or other.

Bonnie was not less problematic than Clyde. BUT if your point is Stevie throwing a chair at Christine and missing is not as bad as Lindsey pulling CAH’s hair out by the roots, I agree with you.

And you know more than 3 people here, Ed.
Yes, I agree that it depends on the level of violence, e.g., if the outcome involves someone dying or becoming permanently incapacitated. But why is it that we as a society condone same-sex violence, e.g., boxing, wrestling, ultimate fighting, but NFL players are getting fired or fined due to physically assaulting their wives/girlfriends? Or the fact that Mel Gibson has barely worked for the past 10 years? It's because a decent society understands the inherent imbalance of physical power between a man and a woman, and that men must heed a code of conduct that involves not physically attacking women. It has nothing to do with feminism or being woke. Don't. hit. women. Ever. It's about abuse of power. It's about bullies who are enabled by the existence of the imbalance of power. To say simply that all violence is equally bad is akin to saying "all lives matter;" it just whitewashes the particularly the unique evil of men assaulting women.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well, apparently you can call someone an ass on here with impunity. So to that I say, you're such an ASS on the Ledge.
So you're saying that I'M an ASS?

That's a GIVEN, Ed. But thanks for playing.

But I'm not on a high horse, all holier than thou, like some people. That's the difference. I hope you see that, someday.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So you're saying that I'M an ASS?

That's a GIVEN, Ed. But thanks for playing.

But I'm not on a high horse, all holier than thou, like some people. That's the difference. I hope you see that, someday.
Okay, girl, whatever. I'm sure you enjoy riding something... horse-like.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, girl, whatever. I'm sure you enjoy riding something... horse-like.
Sexual innuendo. Now that's classy. I'd hoped you were above that. But still guessed you were into that. Good luck. Walking.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stop the name-calling. You should not have said he was sicknand needed help in the first place.

Why don’t You and David stop responding to each other altogether.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stop the name-calling. You should not have said he was sicknand needed help in the first place.

Why don’t You and David stop responding to each other altogether.
So let me get this straight. One person wants to punch Karen in the face but we let that slide but when someone calls him an ass that's a problem?
Old 10-28-2018, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
No more laughable than 5'1 Stevie launching herself at and trying to kill (her words) 5'10 Lindsey. Let's just make sure we are setting the table appropriately here. And before anyone starts yelling "misogny" at me....I am a woman.
One person allegedly threw a chair or some sh!t and another has a history of physical violence and choking people both men and women. There is no apples to apples comparison here.