The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I took a friend home from work tonight. We live in the same neighborhood so of course I didn't mind. I warned her I'd be playing some FM. She didn't even know who they were, so she was worried. I had the very best of in my car. I played GYOW really loud to scare her haha. I actually played that first because I figured she'd have to know that one. Well she didn't. I was like wowwww. Anyway I played Sara second and she seemed to like it. I went to disc to and played the chain. She really liked it, and then I played don't stop and she actually said " wow, see this isn't that bad" and I was like I know right! They're such an amazing band.

Friends don't let friends not listen to Fleetwood Mac.

JTIS.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday night was my first date with Juan R. We had a great time together. How refreshing, after a six month dry spell. JTIS I'm going to bed now.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
Friends don't let friends not listen to Fleetwood Mac.
Spot on, Sara!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today, in study hall, (which I have in the room where tech ed. is taught in 2 rooms) I looked into the shop room and saw that someone had written Fleetwood Mac on the board in this form:

It was not me. I pretty much ran with arms flailing screaming into the shop room where my study hall supervisor (haha) / shop teacher was sanding some wood and I was all like "WHO WROTE FLEETWOOD MAC ON THE BOARD!?" And he was like "Dunno."

I left a note on the board w/ an arrow pointing to the writing that said I think we need to meet. I just realized that they will not know who I am. Oh well!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last week, I took a mile barefoot walk with my (other) favorite band, Hanson. They started doing the walks in 2007 as a way to encourage their fans to "walk in someone else's shoes", or in this case, what it's like to walk without shoes. In the beginning, it was largely in support of Toms Shoes, who provide one pair of shoes for children who have none for each pair you purchase. Since then, the band has created their own charity, Take the Walk. For each fan who walks a mile before a concert , they donate $1 to that fan's chosen cause, ranging from building fresh water wells, to donating cell phone minutes for AIDS medication notifications, to donating shoes, to building schools. They also donate $1 per person who participates in a walk organized by a fan. Their goal prior to last fall's tour was to add up the miles walked by each individual and have them combine to match the number of miles it would take to walk around the world. Through band and fan hosted walks, they succeeded and are now well into the second lap. Aside from raising thousands of dollars to help children in AIDS ravaged South Africa, they have also helped to show their many fans how simple actions can combine to create large results. I've been lucky enough to be a part of seven walks and their work has definitely opened my eyes!

I'm so excited and proud to be a part of this action, so, like the thread title says, just thought I'd share!

Last edited by bucklind17; 10-22-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cried at work today- I have never done that before. No one saw.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Always a weird experience. The few times I've cried at school, I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
Last week, I took a mile barefoot walk with my (other) favorite band, Hanson. They started doing the walks in 2007 as a way to encourage their fans to "walk in someone else's shoes", or in this case, what it's like to walk without shoes. In the beginning, it was largely in support of Toms Shoes, who provide one pair of shoes for children who have none for each pair you purchase. Since then, the band has created their own charity, Take the Walk. For each fan who walks a mile before a concert , they donate $1 to that fan's chosen cause, ranging from building fresh water wells, to donating cell phone minutes for AIDS medication notifications, to donating shoes, to building schools. They also donate $1 per person who participates in a walk organized by a fan. Their goal prior to last fall's tour was to add up the miles walked by each individual and have them combine to match the number of miles it would take to walk around the world. Through band and fan hosted walks, they succeeded and are now well into the second lap. Aside from raising thousands of dollars to help children in AIDS ravaged South Africa, they have also helped to show their many fans how simple actions can combine to create large results. I've been lucky enough to be a part of seven walks and their work has definitely opened my eyes!

I'm so excited and proud to be a part of this action, so, like the thread title says, just thought I'd share!
So awesome. I love hearing about this!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cried last Sunday at my job for the first time ever. My boss saw me and tried to stop me and calm me down, but I was so overwhlmed, it was pointless to try.

I hope you're ok now though!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I cried last Sunday at my job for the first time ever. My boss saw me and tried to stop me and calm me down, but I was so overwhlmed, it was pointless to try.

I hope you're ok now though!
I'm fine- (thank you!!!) it wasn't an all out sob, just a teary rant. We recently lost funding for a very important program. I was feeling the weight of all of the sexually abused children that we aren't able to help because of it. Just have to do what we can do and keep plugging along.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Tuesday night was my first date with Juan R. We had a great time together. How refreshing, after a six month dry spell. JTIS I'm going to bed now.
I just came home from dropping Juan off at his apt. We had a great time tonight on our 2nd date.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went home sick today. But I don't think I have Swin Flu or anything. (Or H1N1, whatever you want to call it.) I also stayed up until midnight last night to look over and correct over 20 Algebra II assignments and then got up at 5 to continue. I went to school a half an hour early so that I could get help on some of the problems I didn't understand, but my teacher got there fifteen minutes after the bell rang. He then decided to not collect assignments. I was severly pissed. And I have slept all of 5 hours, but I'm still not mentally tired. Ugh.

-endofrant-

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Earlier this evening, I finished day one of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.
I survived.

Talk about intense!

JTIS.
Now off to go outtttttt
Old 10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm fine- (thank you!!!) it wasn't an all out sob, just a teary rant. We recently lost funding for a very important program. I was feeling the weight of all of the sexually abused children that we aren't able to help because of it. Just have to do what we can do and keep plugging along.
Posts like these remind me of why I like you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I just came home from dropping Juan off at his apt. We had a great time tonight on our 2nd date.
I'm so happy for you Mark! That's always a good feeling.

Let's see. I got a text from a previous teacher of mine last night saying, "there's a Fleetwood Mac biography on the Bio Channel right now! Go watch it." Today, she told me that she watched the entire hour long program and she wants me to burn her more of their music (she only has Rumours and The Dance). My crazy Stevie antics have gotten me far in life. As Sara so wisely said, friends don't let friends live without Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 10-24-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Let's see. I got a text from a previous teacher of mine last night saying, "there's a Fleetwood Mac biography on the Bio Channel right now! Go watch it." Today, she told me that she watched the entire hour long program and she wants me to burn her more of their music (she only has Rumours and The Dance). My crazy Stevie antics have gotten me far in life. As Sara so wisely said, friends don't let friends live without Fleetwood Mac.
It's called Unbroken Chain. It's filled with a lot of wrong information but it has a lot of nice pictures in it though.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post

OMG you're a Hanson fan?? So am I! They're still one of my favourite bands
Ha, sorry to butt in, I'm new on here, recently got into FM again.. so um, hi! *waves*