User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I'm going to say something that is not going to be very popular around here. I will get lots of hate for sure, I expect that as this board has become all about hate.
I still love Fleetwood Mac. This has become the hate board.
Can we move on, please?
There is plenty of love on The Ledge and more Ledgie's feeling the love than the hate. It's just that the hate is more vicious since Lindsey was canned.You gotta look past that negativity and simply enjoy yourself and contribute more positive posts. Haterz gonna hate and will continue to do so because they know it annoys and it makes them feel good to release the pent up frustrations they unfortunately feel on an everyday basis. Then try to imagine the sorry people who have to deal with these haterz in a real life setting. We can just close the page and we're done with 'em.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks vivfox.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I'm not the boss." Lol What a load of crock. Everything this woman spouts out lately is a blatant lie.

"I'm not the boss" aka I AM the boss and I call the shots.

"Records don't sell" aka Lindsey wants a record so screw him.

I love this woman's career and contribution to the band as much as the loyalists but enough is enough. Time to call a spade a spade.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I'm going to say something that is not going to be very popular around here. I will get lots of hate for sure, I expect that as this board has become all about hate.
I still love Fleetwood Mac. I still love Stevie, there I said it. I love the band and the years of music. I thought this was a place to go to share our love for the music and how it impacts our lives.
Every page I go to is the same over and over and over, how we hate the band and Stevie, week after week month after month. I get it, Stevie did the unpardonable sin, you think she should die and be sent to hell to rot etc.
But enough is enough already. Seems lots of people have left and no longer post. This has become the hate board. I thought this was supposed to be a place for FANS of the band to hang out. If you no longer like Fleetwood Mac or certain members, or can no longer listen to or buy their music maybe your not a fan anymore, you should start your own web page for haters of everything Fleetwood Mac and Stevie and move along, and not destroy this board for the rest of the people who would like to be here.
Can we move on, please?
This is no different than equating dislike for Donald Trump with dislike for America, and telling people to "move on" to another country if they don't like him. The reason why people are upset is BECAUSE they like Fleetwood Mac, and BECAUSE they are fans. The band means a lot to people. Telling people to "move on" after what happened is laughable. Just because you don't care or understand, and are fine with just whoever being thrown on a stage and being called "Fleetwood Mac" doesn't mean that it's so easy for EVERYONE to "get over it." Why is this so difficult to grasp?

Fan is short for "fanatic."
Old 10-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Not against free speech, but many posts are bordering on, trying to find the right word...hate speech, bullying, and even wishing to bring personal harm and death to others. This goes on and on month after month. You wouldn't or I hope you wouldn't ever say some of these things to a persons face. I guess some people hide behind social media to say things that should never be said.
It’s repulsive and mind boggling that people are so obsessed that they spend hours per day posting the same vicious posts. I think it’s a lot of misplaced anger - some men here clearly feel they have been burned by women.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
This is no different than equating dislike for Donald Trump with dislike for America, and telling people to "move on" to another country if they don't like him. The reason why people are upset is BECAUSE they like Fleetwood Mac, and BECAUSE they are fans. The band means a lot to people. Telling people to "move on" after what happened is laughable. Just because you don't care or understand, and are fine with just whoever being thrown on a stage and being called "Fleetwood Mac" doesn't mean that it's so easy for EVERYONE to "get over it." Why is this so difficult to grasp?
agreed.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
When Mick is in charge, he has enough leadership ability to scout someone to be the next leader.
When Mick is in charge? Don't get it twisted. Mick is always in charge.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
"I'm not the boss." Lol What a load of crock. Everything this woman spouts out lately is a blatant lie.

"I'm not the boss" aka I AM the boss and I call the shots.

"Records don't sell" aka Lindsey wants a record so screw him.

I love this woman's career and contribution to the band as much as the loyalists but enough is enough. Time to call a spade a spade.
Same here.

And there's a bit of a spit in Lindsey's eye to this whole article- "Stevie's in charge and now everyone feels they can contribute and there's no arguing".

I don't for a minute think there wasn't a lot of actual fighting and shouting and nasty arguing in the band, especially between Stevie and Lindsey.
What I find curious though is what some people, especially Stevie diehards, consider "fighting".

Like the whole DR doc scene, where Stevie and Karen double team Lindsey to pressure him into signing a contract that would commit him to having Chris Lord-Alge mix his songs when, as Lindsey rightly reminds them, that was NOT where they were at in the process. All they were asking Chris to do was mix ONE of Lindsey's songs so they could all evaluate whether they liked his direction and THEN if they did they'd do contracts and all that. That was a genuine heated discussion and difference of opinion about what was the next step. Lindsey did NOT yell, he stuck to his position, and then he called his manager and yes, totally made a snarky passive-aggressive remark about them blaming him for the contract issue. It was STEVIE who then raised her voice and started making loud comments about everything while he was on the phone, and then pestered him as he left the room which he did in order to not have the conversation in front of cameras and their voices got louder because they were talking and walking away from each other. Frankly his irritation honestly seemed pointed a lot towards Karen because it was a classic Stevie move to bring someone else along with her to be "bad cop" and do her dirty work for her. The two of them were trying to manipulate him to use the guy Stevie wanted and he wasn't going to be pushed as it wasn't what they agreed.

Yet they will INSIST that it was Lindsey 'being all mean' to her.

Or god forbid, as her producer on SYW, him pointing out the lyrics to her (which he has done throughout their entire careers) and her refusing to accept that he was giving her constructive advice. She was spring loaded to reject anything he said, in part because in the past he has indeed been really sh^tty about how he critiqued her work, and for that I don't blame her. But since her solo work she's had this increasing sense that everything she writes is divine and cannot be changed.

I work in a creative field and people get passionate about their ideas and discussions about projects get passionate. That's how creativity works, and as long as it doesn't get personal you have to deal with it. The problem in FM is that forever the work discussions devolved into personal attacks, which they are BOTH guilty of doing. It get not wanting to deal with THAT aspect of it. But she seems to want totally the kind of smooth sailing which only comes when you are NOT generating new ideas and working them out but instead are just going out doing a pre packaged show of oldies. I think he swallowed that for the live shows thinking he could get the payback in doing new stuff in the studio, but she refused. For that reason I actually think him parting company is a good thing for him. But again rather than having a rational, adult, business discussion about it, she just dug in and then got sneaky. And that's unforgivable, to me. ymmv.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-20-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still love Fleetwood Mac. I still love Stevie, there I said it. I love the band and the years of music. I thought this was a place to go to share our love for the music and how it impacts our lives.
Every page I go to is the same over and over and over, how we hate the band and Stevie, week after week month after month. I get it, Stevie did the unpardonable sin, you think she should die and be sent to hell to rot etc.
But enough is enough already. Seems lots of people have left and no longer post. This has become the hate board. I thought this was supposed to be a place for FANS of the band to hang out. If you no longer like Fleetwood Mac or certain members, or can no longer listen to or buy their music maybe your not a fan anymore, you should start your own web page for haters of everything Fleetwood Mac and Stevie and move along, and not destroy this board for the rest of the people who would like to be here.
Can we move on, please?
Nope not moving on as convienent as it would be for you. Stevie Nicks and what she has done is despicable. Hell my 20 year old neice who IDOLIZED her is pissed at her. Sorry but she and FM deserve this.
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
And I thought people had the right of free speech.
Unless you're a Saudi Arabian journalist living America... Free speech is a concept related most to the American Constitution. It was even defined by our Supreme Court. Other places not so much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post

Stevie Nicks is going to burn in Hell. There. I've said THAT.
What if Hell doesn't exist?
Old 10-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Not against free speech, but many posts are bordering on, trying to find the right word...hate speech, bullying, and even wishing to bring personal harm and death to others. This goes on and on month after month. You wouldn't or I hope you wouldn't ever say some of these things to a persons face. I guess some people hide behind social media to say things that should never be said.
Oh there are definitely some Proud ones around here.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
There is plenty of love on The Ledge and more Ledgie's feeling the love than the hate. It's just that the hate is more vicious since Lindsey was canned.You gotta look past that negativity and simply enjoy yourself and contribute more positive posts. Haterz gonna hate and will continue to do so because they know it annoys and it makes them feel good to release the pent up frustrations they unfortunately feel on an everyday basis. Then try to imagine the sorry people who have to deal with these haterz in a real life setting. We can just close the page and we're done with 'em.
Well I have seen the trend of people on the internets adopting a wait and see attitude on this whole FM meshugas. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people write that there must definitely be more to it than Lindsey smirking. Common sense prevails.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
It’s repulsive and mind boggling that people are so obsessed that they spend hours per day posting the same vicious posts. I think it’s a lot of misplaced anger - some men here clearly feel they have been burned by women.
Misogyny and sexism live on almost almost 50 years after the Feminist Movement made its indelible mark on this country. It's how Sh!tler got elected. White males were pissed off because what they believed was their privilege had been "stolen" from them by women and minorities. Now poor Lindsey Buckingham has been fired for smirking and it must be a woman's fault.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-20-2018 at 02:26 PM..
Old 10-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Hell my 20 year old neice who IDOLIZED her is pissed at her.
Well if she's getting her information from you I imagine she would be.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Well I have seen the trend of people on the internets adopting a wait and see attitude on this whole FM meshugas. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people write that there must definitely be more to it than Lindsey smirking. Common sense prevails.
Well, to wait and see would include not jumping to conclusions about Lindsey's role too. But we all know you're not waiting, you've already made up your mind that it's all Lindsey's fault.