Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 25th Anniversary of Out of the Cradle

June 16, 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Out of the Cradle. Three years in the making, it is a cathartic album of songs dealing with separation and loss. This was the last project that Lindsey worked on with long-time collaborator and friend Richard Dashut.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

'Out Of The Cradle' is my favorite Lindsey album. So Lindsey, and so Fleetwood Mac. Classic. Hopefully, there will be a box set.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
'Out Of The Cradle' is my favorite Lindsey album. So Lindsey, and so Fleetwood Mac. Classic. Hopefully, there will be a box set.

I ditto that! The album should have dropped two or three years earlier and would have been a huge commercial hit!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kind of shocking that so much time has passed.
It was a cathartic album for a lot of fans -- his Rumours for sure, although I might like Seeds We Sow better.

I would love it if Lindsey and Richard did another project together. That sound for me is the real Fleetwood Mac sound.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
It was a cathartic album for a lot of fans -- his Rumours for sure, although I might like Seeds We Sow better.

I would love it if Lindsey and Richard did another project together. That sound for me is the real Fleetwood Mac sound.
My favorite Lindsey album. And ditto about Lindsey and Richard working together again.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post

Hmmm, if I were to rank Lindsey's albums:

1. Gift of Screws
2. Under the Skin
3. Go Insane
4. Law & Order
5. Out of the Cradle
6. Seeds We Sow <--even though it is arguably the most consistently enjoyable/diverse from start to finish

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Hmmm, if I were to rank Lindsey's albums:

1. Gift of Screws
2. Under the Skin
3. Go Insane
4. Law & Order
5. Out of the Cradle
6. Seeds We Sow <--even though it is arguably the most consistently enjoyable/diverse from start to finish
Here’s my ranking:

1. Out of the Cradle
2. Seeds We Sow
3. Gift of Screws
4. Under the Skin
5. Go Insane
6. Law & Order
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Out of the Cradle
2. Gift of Screws
3. Under the Skin
4. Seeds We Sow
5. Law & Order
6. Go Insane
Old 04-19-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Heart Perfection

Until tonight...I had not listened to this album in full since I lost my parents last summer. OOTC is now even more poignant than it already was to me. This (along with Go Insane) is the first album I bought after I became an LB fan in March 2001. I remember listening to it obsessively back then as it helped me through a rough time in my life (my parent's separation). That summer, me, my dad and my aunt went to Colorado and I took the CD. Driving through the mountains, listening to the gorgeous, lush music made me happy while I dealt with family turmoil.

I hope Lindsey is aware of how important and special his music has been to his fans. I wrote him a letter and handed it to him in London in 2003. I wish I had gotten a photocopy of it, but I believe I mentioned OOTC and how important it was to me in it.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

my rank:

1. Seeds
2. and 3. Cradle and Screws
4. Go Insane
5. Under the Skin (although Rodeo and To Try For The Sun are probably in my top 10 LB songs)
6. Law & Order

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-19-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Until tonight...I had not listened to this album in full since I lost my parents last summer. OOTC is now even more poignant than it already was to me. This (along with Go Insane) is the first album I bought after I became an LB fan in March 2001. I remember listening to it obsessively back then as it helped me through a rough time in my life (my parent's separation). That summer, me, my dad and my aunt went to Colorado and I took the CD. Driving through the mountains, listening to the gorgeous, lush music made me happy while I dealt with family turmoil.

I hope Lindsey is aware of how important and special his music has been to his fans. I wrote him a letter and handed it to him in London in 2003. I wish I had gotten a photocopy of it, but I believe I mentioned OOTC and how important it was to me in it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"