Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:41 AM
Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham in the age of the MeToo movement

I see so much hate for Stevie about Lindsey being kicked out of the band, because people state that she just wants to be in control, etc, etc. Does anyone think Lindsey's past abuse of Stevie might have played some role in the decision to axe him from the band? We've all seen the accounts of Lindsey hassling Stevie on stage, and the other band members being pissed off about it. And when Lindsey left before the Tango in the Night tour, Mick alluded to the possibility of Lindsey hitting Stevie during their confrontation, since they had all seen it before. Makes me wonder how abusive to her he might have been when they were still together. And Carol Ann Harris details in her book the abuse she received from Lindsey, including awful things that happened right in front of Christine. Does anyone think maybe the rest of the band was happy to see him go because he was just a really big a-hole?
Old 10-22-2018, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And yet she/they were all okay with everything for more than 40 years.
Your opening post is backed up by zero evidence, except hearsay concerning events from 30 to 40 years ago.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-22-2018, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What about Billy Burnette's recent post about Stevie being violent as well? He said he saw her pick up a chair and throw it at Chris during an argument.

How does that fit in with your scenario?

I have no patience for abuse from any sex to anyone of any other sex.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Princess has her temper tantrums

Quote:
Does anyone think Lindsey's past abuse of Stevie might have played some role in the decision to axe him from the band?
I'll never find it, but I swear I have seen (or read) an interview in which Stevie claims that she is the one who can be given to flying into violent rages. (I've wondered whether that's the reason Mick took her into the carpark to tell her about Silver Springs being cut.) Granted it may just be her usual hyperbole. But isn't she the one who said that she chased Lindsey out of Christine's house and down the street?
Old 10-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
What about Billy Burnette's recent post about Stevie being violent as well? He said he saw her pick up a chair and throw it at Chris during an argument.

How does that fit in with your scenario?

I have no patience for abuse from any sex to anyone of any other sex.
Really? That's interesting....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
And yet she/they were all okay with everything for more than 40 years.
That's the thing though. They weren't. They made accommodations.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
That's the thing though. They weren't. They made accommodations.
But that's the frustrating thing; If they really had been accommodating for more than 40 years it wouldn't have done any harm to be accommodating for a further 2 years.
All the recent evidence suggests Lindsey has been the accommodating one.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-22-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a disgusting thread. Please delete it
Old 10-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You’re basically accusing Lindsay of sexual assault by starting this thread so not right. I’m sure he made gold dusts day.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
But that's the frustrating thing; If they really had been accommodating for more than 40 years it wouldn't have done any harm to be accommodating for a further 2 years.
All the recent evidence suggests Lindsey has been the accommodating one.
Sometimes there's a breaking point. When you're 70 two years may be too long. Hell, two hours may be too long. I'm beginning to think that was the case at Music Cares.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSATX View Post
I see so much hate for Stevie about Lindsey being kicked out of the band, because people state that she just wants to be in control, etc, etc. Does anyone think Lindsey's past abuse of Stevie might have played some role in the decision to axe him from the band? We've all seen the accounts of Lindsey hassling Stevie on stage, and the other band members being pissed off about it. And when Lindsey left before the Tango in the Night tour, Mick alluded to the possibility of Lindsey hitting Stevie during their confrontation, since they had all seen it before. Makes me wonder how abusive to her he might have been when they were still together. And Carol Ann Harris details in her book the abuse she received from Lindsey, including awful things that happened right in front of Christine. Does anyone think maybe the rest of the band was happy to see him go because he was just a really big a-hole?
So after 40 years? Please.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I do. We're talking about someone who has a history of choking people FFS. I mean think about it. When was the last time you choked someone? I can honestly say I never have. I don't think many other people could either.
Lindsey may or may not be physically abusive anymore but I certainly believe he is verbally and emotionally abusive.
As far as the #metoo thing I've never heard of anyone in the band acting in a way that would fall under #metoo but the thing is people who have been a victim of this don't usually talk about it or report it. They feel ashamed. I honestly don't think any of them are like that but then again I don't know any of them. I'd venture to say that 99% of the people here don't. Lindsey is a hard guy to live with. His wife said as much in the RS article. While I don't really care for her or the way she's inserted herself into this mess I do wonder what her experience with him has been like.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Well, to address the highlighted question above, in this 2013 interview in which the New Zealand "kicking" incident is discussed, Stevie said, "And I’d never had anyone be physical with me in my life." I take that to mean that was the first "physical" incident she had experienced, per Stevie herself.

Also, just a note about this thread in general: I know this board is built for nothing but idle speculation, but given the gravity of a topic like the #MeToo movement, I'd be remiss if I didn't encourage folks to use their best judgment when posting about this. Sexual assault and harassment are immensely serious topics, and I worry that tossing out speculation like this runs the risk of diminishing the stories of the women (and men) who have come forward. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Well, to address the highlighted question above, in this 2013 interview in which the New Zealand "kicking" incident is discussed, Stevie said, "And I’d never had anyone be physical with me in my life." I take that to mean that was the first "physical" incident she had experienced, per Stevie herself.

Also, just a note about this thread in general: I know this board is built for nothing but idle speculation, but given the gravity of a topic like the #MeToo movement, I'd be remiss if I didn't encourage folks to use their best judgment when posting about this. Sexual assault and harassment are immensely serious topics, and I worry that tossing out speculation like this runs the risk of diminishing the stories of the women (and men) who have come forward. Just my 2 cents.
Still it's relevant and timely.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Still it's relevant and timely.
I think what the other side is saying is that it's not relevant because #MeToo is about sexual assault, and there's never been any whispers of that kind of behavior involving any members of the band to date. So while #MeToo might be relevant and timely, it's not with regards to Fleetwood Mac.