Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Prince was way younger. and she barely knew him. Sheryl Crow and many others knew him way better yet they didn't try to milk his death like SN has. it's pathetic and disrespectful.

i would bet you that she only wanted to switch Lindsey for Mike. not bring in another guy. she would have her songwriter and friend, and be able to milk Tom's death too.

and she'd have all the power in the band. she'd be the boss!

but alas, Mick was not willing to give up all the power that easily! he is the CEO or HR manager or whatever your point of view is after all. so ok, he got rid of the guy she hated enough that she was willing to throw the wrench in the already booked tour, but he blindsided her and brought in someone who's his friend - Neil Finn. now when he didn't have LB anymore to counter-balance Nicks, he needed someone else for his "majority".

oh and now Chris' vote may actually count. Stevie dismissing and belittling her in that RS interview, she may want to think twice about continuing in that vein.
well, to be fair, they would need someone to fill in the vocal slot LB would leave... and Mike wasn't gonna be the guy to fill it. They would have had to bring in *somebody* who could take on a main singing role.

Which speaks to LB's talent-- he's the lead guitar player AND a lead singer. Not many bands have that. There's a lead guitarist who does't sing lead (maybe some backing vocals) and then the singer. Pick almost any band and that's the case-- the lead guitarist is not a main singer, if a singer at all.

It will always take at least two people to replace him onstage.... that says a lot.

I am still working my way thru the Sirius interview... but Mike makes it a point to say "I've known Stevie for years, we get along great, and we've always been very creative together" (He said similar on CBS, which according to what they say in the Sirius recording they literally just finished before talking to RS)

The fact he said that twice-- once in each interview-- I think is revealing, to me anyway. It's like he's heard her side of things,her complaints about LB like they don't get along and they don't write songs together and all that.... and he's intentionally or unintentionally signaling that he's aware of her complaints about LB and he's sure that he and she won't have the same problems. It just made it clearer to me she's vented to Mike about her issues with LB (probably forever) and made it clear what she's looking to have in a guitarist. He comes off as def "her" guy. Chris seems to have bonded much more strongly to Neil.