User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
While I am not happy with Stevie's stalling, diva behavior, a Mac album and tour WITHOUT her is simply NOT AN OPTION. The idea is ludicrous
Really? Any more ridiculous than the band going on without Christine? Any more ridiculous than when they stood up to Peter Green, who had nearly all of Fleetwood Mac's hits at the time, and went on without him?

The fact is Christine had the lion's share of hits with Fleetwood Mac, and she and Lindsey could do a convincing set without Stevie.

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Second Hand News
Everywhere
I'm So Afraid
Say You Love Me
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Think About Me
Eyes Of The World
Hold Me
Trouble
Isn't It Midnight
Big Love
Go Insane
Never Going Back Again
Get Like You Used To Be
Over My Head
World Turning
Little Lies
Tusk
Got A Hold On Me
Go Your Own Way
-
Blue Letter
Don't Stop
-
Songbird

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Really? Any more ridiculous than the band going on without Christine? Any more ridiculous than when they stood up to Peter Green, who had nearly all of Fleetwood Mac's hits at the time, and went on without him?

The fact is Christine had the lion's share of hits with Fleetwood Mac, and she and Lindsey could do a convincing set without Stevie.

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Second Hand News
Everywhere
I'm So Afraid
Say You Love Me
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Think About Me
Eyes Of The World
Hold Me
Trouble
Isn't It Midnight
Big Love
Go Insane
Never Going Back Again
Get Like You Used To Be
Over My Head
World Turning
Little Lies
Tusk
Got A Hold On Me
Go Your Own Way
-
Blue Letter
Don't Stop
-
Songbird
Also, we wouldn't have to hear any stories about top hats or gold shawls
Old 09-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
While I am not happy with Stevie's stalling, diva behavior, a Mac album and tour WITHOUT her is simply NOT AN OPTION. The idea is ludicrous.

That being said, it's now clear what will happen. Stevie will go on the road for a short tour this fall to promote a 2 year old solo album (she's been dying to get onstage and sing the tracks from 24KG, ok Stevie go for it!). In early 2017, she will be free to record with MAC. If Mac were smart, they would be in the studio right now recording the record. Then, in early spring, just have Stevie record her 3 songs and lay down background vocals on the completed CM/LB tracks. This whole process could be done with Stevie in the studio for 4-6 weeks. The Fleetwood Mac album could be out by summer 2017 with a fall tour to follow.
I've lost my sense of optimism for a new Mac album. I think the band has permanently shifted into being an oldies act, now. If the band was ever poised to make a creative statement, it was upon Christine's return. Stevie is now talking about the band touring in 2 years; half a decade after Christine rejoined the Mac. Stevie refuses to even mention a new album to the press. It's not going to happen, sadly.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While I am not happy with Stevie's stalling, diva behavior, a Mac album and tour WITHOUT her is simply NOT AN OPTION. The idea is ludicrous.

That being said, it's now clear what will happen. Stevie will go on the road for a short tour this fall to promote a 2 year old solo album (she's been dying to get onstage and sing the tracks from 24KG, ok Stevie go for it!). In early 2017, she will be free to record with MAC. If Mac were smart, they would be in the studio right now recording the record. Then, in early spring, just have Stevie record her 3 songs and lay down background vocals on the completed CM/LB tracks. This whole process could be done with Stevie in the studio for 4-6 weeks. The Fleetwood Mac album could be out by summer 2017 with a fall tour to follow.
I like your optimism. I once shared it. I don't have hope anymore. If anything does happen, I'll be shocked. And glad to be proven wrong.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've lost my sense of optimism for a new Mac album. I think the band has permanently shifted into being an oldies act, now. If the band was ever poised to make a creative statement, it was upon Christine's return. Stevie is now talking about the band touring in 2 years; half a decade after Christine rejoined the Mac. Stevie refuses to even mention a new album to the press. It's not going to happen, sadly.
This is most certainly the case although I have know for quite awhile that the Fleetwood Mac album is shelved for good.I will probably go see Stevie on her tour for the 24KG songs that have never been performed live .I'm done with seeing the Mac oldies show though.Like you I have not seen them since the SYW tour.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Nope. Not gonna happen and we have it from the diva herself....her next commitment with FM is two years from now and a tour. She's got the time off she whined about all the while on this last tour-- I have no time for life, I haven't even put furniture in my Malibu trailer etc etc etc. All bs. She was planning this tour (tours like this don't come together overnight) and negotiating contracts with opening acts (finally working out with the Pretenders) and booking the halls and contracts with the ticket companies etc. This all takes time and energy. She went into this pretty soon after the tour and now she's in rehearsals with her solo touring band. Then on the road. So she really has spent most of 2016 on her solo stuff (and will go til Dec).

By her reckoning she still has all of 2017 and maybe some or all of 2018 before anything with the Mac.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

By her reckoning she still has all of 2017 and maybe some or all of 2018 before anything with the Mac.
If this timeline is accurate then Fleetwood Mac itself could be over at this point even as a cash grabbing oldies act.By that time one or more of the members could be physically unable to perform on a long tour and that is if they are all still even with us .Very strange .

Old 09-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If this timeline is accurate then Fleetwood Mac itself could be over at this point even as a cash grabbing oldies act.By that time one or more of the members could be physically unable to perform on a long tour and that is if they are all still even with us .Very strange .
Yes. She's really in denial about how quickly time is passing and how soon band members could (god forbid) be passing
Old 09-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So her excuse that she wanted time off is BS. The could be recording right now. NEVER seeing them again. I am done. Really don't like her anymore...AT ALL.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yes. She's really in denial about how quickly time is passing and how soon band members could (god forbid) be passing
Stevie believes that she will live into the triple digits.I guess she feels that she can go on as a big solo act even if some of the others pass hence the booking of the Forum and Madison Square Garden etc.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Never say never

From Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-fleetwood-mac

Nicks, of course, has a second career with the band Fleetwood Mac, which completed its triumphant On With the Show Tour in November 2015. The global run saw the classic Rumours-era lineup of the band -- with a returning Christine McVie -- play 120 shows on three continents. Now that the tour has concluded, might there be a new studio album from the famous quintet?

“You know what, I never know what's going to happen,” Nicks says. “It's like, I didn't -- in my wildest dreams -- ever know that I was going to do the 24 Karat Gold record. And I certainly didn't ever, after 16 years, think that Christine McVie was going to call up and say, 'How would you feel if I came back to the band?' You know, it's like, are you serious? Is this a joke?"

With McVie back in the Fleetwood fold, fans are also holding out hope for a new album from the group. “I learned a long time ago to never say never. Right now, because of the fact that we know that people don't buy records… it's like, hard to sell records. So then you think, 'Well, why do you do records?' Well, the reason you do records is because it's like we're like kids again, and we can do anything we want. We have enough money. We don't really have to work if we don't want to. So we can do records for the reason that we actually did them in the very beginning -- just 'cause it's fun.

"Is it possible that Fleetwood Mac might do another record? I can never tell you yes or no, because I don't know. I honestly don't know. … It's like, do you want to take a chance of going in and setting up in a room for like a year [to record an album] and having a bunch of arguing people? And then not wanting to go on tour because you just spent a year arguing? Or do you just go on tour because you know that you have fun up there and you love doing shows? And Christine's only been back for [laughs] a year and a half.

“So you start to weigh your… 'Why would you do this, why would you do that?' And I honestly don't know. But I never say never… that really is in God's hands.”
Old 09-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
From Billboard

Nicks, of course, has a second career with the band Fleetwood Mac, which completed its triumphant On With the Show Tour in November 2015. The global run saw the classic Rumours-era lineup of the band -- with a returning Christine McVie -- play 120 shows on three continents. Now that the tour has concluded, might there be a new studio album from the famous quintet?

“You know what, I never know what's going to happen,” Nicks says. “It's like, I didn't -- in my wildest dreams -- ever know that I was going to do the 24 Karat Gold record. And I certainly didn't ever, after 16 years, think that Christine McVie was going to call up and say, 'How would you feel if I came back to the band?' You know, it's like, are you serious? Is this a joke?"

With McVie back in the Fleetwood fold, fans are also holding out hope for a new album from the group. “I learned a long time ago to never say never. Right now, because of the fact that we know that people don't buy records… it's like, hard to sell records. So then you think, 'Well, why do you do records?' Well, the reason you do records is because it's like we're like kids again, and we can do anything we want. We have enough money. We don't really have to work if we don't want to. So we can do records for the reason that we actually did them in the very beginning -- just 'cause it's fun.

"Is it possible that Fleetwood Mac might do another record? I can never tell you yes or no, because I don't know. I honestly don't know. … It's like, do you want to take a chance of going in and setting up in a room for like a year [to record an album] and having a bunch of arguing people? And then not wanting to go on tour because you just spent a year arguing? Or do you just go on tour because you know that you have fun up there and you love doing shows? And Christine's only been back for [laughs] a year and a half.

“So you start to weigh your… 'Why would you do this, why would you do that?' And I honestly don't know. But I never say never… that really is in God's hands.”
I don't think an in depth discussion has even taken place because it wouldn't take a year to make this album that is already mostly done. She's thinks they would start from scratch apparently.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's sense of time is certainly very odd. Christine re-joined in January 2014, over two-and-a-half years ago. And Mike, you're right, how long would it really take to record four or five of her songs and do a little overdubbing on Christine and Lindsey's tracks? It could be done and dusted in six weeks (I've obviously drifted off into the realms of fantasy, Ledgies, bear with me... )

But we'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I still think that we will see another Mac album. I've not been a great fan of some of the near-hysterics that have been generated on this thread. Through all of this the only thing that has worried me has been the physical capacity of one or other member of the band to record and it's not great to speculate about matters of health.

I kind of understand after two long Mac tours that Stevie would need a bit of space. So it's just up to that master of all us, Anno Domini to sort everything out and not deal some nasty blows. I count my blessings- I became a fan just before the worst period in the band's history (1988-1996) and I had long given up on the idea of seeing Christine play live with the others. To experience that was truly, truly special.

So take a few deep breaths and grant ourselves the serenity to accept the things we cannot change.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So take a few deep breaths and grant ourselves the serenity to accept the things we cannot change.
The fact that the possibility of a new record has come so close, that it was possible, that "dozens of songs" are already recorded, makes the band's decision to shelve new material more galling and intolerable than if no one had started yet.

I'm not yet ready to pray for serenity. I feel rage and want to feel it. I've supported this band for decades and simply cannot accept that they won't release new music they already have worked on. We die-hards were taunted with the news of it two years ago and waited patiently. No longer. I don't care if it comes as a Mac album. I just want it.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From Billboard

What an incoherent mess of an explanation! She's delusional! Christine's only been back a year and a half so we should let a year go by wasted and then watch another oldies tour? People don't buy records anymore? Well, they at least buy digitally, and Mac music on iTunes would sell pretty well. It sounds like she's making her aversion for working with the band in a studio the main narrative for ALL of them, but she's NOT speaking for anyone but herself. And then to cite God?!

Last edited by aleuzzi; 09-08-2016 at 07:10 PM..