The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They've been doing Big Love since The Dance. And Lindsey did it at Stevie's AHI too. Well, he also did Go Insane, complete with the Sardonic World intro.

Carol Ann said that every surface of her mind, heart and body had been touched by "the artistry in those long, long fingers."

Michele
Old 03-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the reviews.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post

This has got to be one of my favourite Landslides ever. I love at the end how they arent in time with each other and they both start laughing its pretty much awesome

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Forget the side glances and the swoon worthy touches and the angry screaming of SS at him and give me this every night. The two of them smiling, laughing even and having fun. THIS is what I want to see. Stevie should definitely smile more often and even the ever sexy if not brooding Mr B, looks positively enchanting when he smiles. God I loved this, thank you to whoever captured this magic moment for us!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

The show was great at Nassau Coliseum. The chemistry is back between
them and the danced and sang
they hearts out. I am going again. Even with the recession they
did thank us for coming out......
My friends and I enjoyed myself. I have seen Stevie/FM 21 times
now and they are getting better.

A fan forever....
Old 03-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
They were joking around with each other. I hardly think he needs to be slapped for having a little fun with Stevie.
I was "just joking" and being "facetious" too... LOL!!!

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was a very tight show. Each one of them performed at full throttle. Stevie was absolutely FLAWLESS!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post
I was "just joking" and being "facetious" too... LOL!!!

Donnie Wayne ~
Although Christine does have my permission to toss another glass of water at him, if she doesn't like his attenuated:

Just when I thought it was over, now you got me runnin', runnin', runnin' for cover.

I'm begging you for a little sympathy, 'cause if you use me again it'll be the end of me.

Michele
Old 03-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I remember that, but I didn't know what the heck they were doing. It's in Tusk (well, I think, but now everyone else has me uncertain), but the footage is from earlier and I don't know if they were still together or not. Lindsey definitely had long hair. Stevie is trying to guide Lindsey and he is saying something like, "what's that now?" He was puzzled about what she was trying to do, but he was moving along with her, being very indulgent and sweet. That moment always struck me, but I didn't know they were pretending to skate.
There's a scene in the Rosebud footage when they're shooting the back cover for "Rumours" & Lindsey & Stevie join hands in square dance fashion & simulate skating, while Christine plays Waldteufel's "The Skaters' Waltz" on the Hammond.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour0323 View Post
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Forget the side glances and the swoon worthy touches and the angry screaming of SS at him and give me this every night. The two of them smiling, laughing even and having fun. THIS is what I want to see. Stevie should definitely smile more often and even the ever sexy if not brooding Mr B, looks positively enchanting when he smiles. God I loved this, thank you to whoever captured this magic moment for us!!!!
This Landslide cue-miss has now happened at every show, right? I will trust that it was truly a missed cue in Pitts, but the whole thing seems to have gotten more elaborate, hammy, and cutesy. I love it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
This Landslide cue-miss has now happened at every show, right? I will trust that it was truly a missed cue in Pitts, but the whole thing seems to have gotten more elaborate, hammy, and cutesy. I love it.
Ha. Remember the Tusk dance didn't start out that way, she also started going behind him later for Landslide (even though I think she had done that on The Dance) ... looks like they just feel out their moments and then keep doing them because they get a response, or it feels comfortable... it's all good with me. People can say they just want them to stand there and sing all day long, but I think that is so boring. At least it looks like they are all having a good time on this tour now - and that makes it more fun for everybody.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Oh... don't get me wrong. I am extremely grateful to those who take pictures and video and upload them to the interwebs. But 99% of these people are using crappy cellphones and will take such crappy footage that they will just throw them out anyway. And it's not opening night- there's no need to text people. So unless you are using decent equipment and/or plan to upload and share, or unless they suddenly perform "Sisters of the Moon" , just don't bother with the hassle and enjoy the show! That's all...
Yep, I totally agree. I made it to front row (kind of) on the Gold Dust tour (after 20+ years of attendance). There was a woman standing in front of me who did nothing but take pictures and talk with her friend on her phone. The whole time. It was SO distracting to me, and I thought it was disrespectful to the band. What really pissed me off though, is that my friend and I were standing at the stage when this woman had us moved back by security so she could be at the stage (she had 2 row tickets and we had 3rd). All so she could take her crappy pics. I often wondered if she was a Ledgie.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There's a scene in the Rosebud footage when they're shooting the back cover for "Rumours" & Lindsey & Stevie join hands in square dance fashion & simulate skating, while Christine plays Waldteufel's "The Skaters' Waltz" on the Hammond.
Is Christine really playing that? That's amazing. What Lindsey was trying to do in Long Island was get ahold of Stevie's other hand. He had her left hand, but he wanted to switch that to his left hand and to hold her right hand too. So, that's why he was fumbling around at her waist. But I didn't know they were trying to "skate" until she said so. I also didn't know they were skating in that Rosebud clip. In fact, I could tell that Stevie was trying to get Lindsey to move in tandem with her in that clip, but I thought what they were doing almost resembled a wedding march, rather than skating. But if I'd recognized or even known the title of the song Chris was playing . . .

Ah, the things that go OMH. Michele
Old 03-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is Christine really playing that? That's amazing. What Lindsey was trying to do in Long Island was get ahold of Stevie's other hand. He had her left hand, but he wanted to switch that to his left hand and to hold her right hand too. So, that's why he was fumbling around at her waist. But I didn't know they were trying to "skate" until she said so. I also didn't know they were skating in that Rosebud clip. In fact, I could tell that Stevie was trying to get Lindsey to move in tandem with her in that clip, but I thought what they were doing almost resembled a wedding march, rather than skating. But if I'd recognized or even known the title of the song Chris was playing . . .

Ah, the things that go OMH. Michele
Here's a video of it:

Skating Clip
Old 03-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Here's a video of it:

Skating Clip
Oooh. Thanks. I saw a SS clip was available, but I didn't know it would have that litte part on it. Nice to keep.

Michele
Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is Christine really playing that?
Yep!

Quote:
That's amazing.
Every kid who ever took piano lessons knew how to play the Skaters' Waltz. It's in all the old method books, like Thompson & Schaum.