Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question KB comments: LB was fired on Jan 28

this is a thread to discuss below, instead of the Record thread which the starter asked to be devoid of interpretations and have only statements from the band members and closest friends, co-wrokers and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
tweet / instagram comment from Kristen Buckingham as an answer to someone's instagram post showing one of those pro-LB flyers around LA. this one was saying:

"missing: Fleetwood Mac's loyalty to Lindsey Buckingham"

Kristen's comment:

"������ Actually it was found dead Jan 28 in SN basement after being held captive and tortured for many moons. MF guilty of aiding and abetting."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nancy's comment in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Apparently so. Understandable but unfortunate in this case because as you said, she makes it quite plain who wanted Lindsey out and when the ax fell.
Nancy and John, it would be great if you guys would remove your comments / discussion / interpretation from the record thread and continue your discussion here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-19-2018, 04:59 PM

Ok, in the spirit of us all trying to get along. I'll delete mine.

Apologies to Nancy and DownonRodeo. I actually forgot where I was quite honestly. But, we seem to be bickering too much. And I don't enjoy it.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-19-2018 at 05:08 PM..
Old 08-19-2018, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Nancy's comment in the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Apparently so. Understandable but unfortunate in this case because as you said, she makes it quite plain who wanted Lindsey out and when the ax fell.
Nancy and John, it would be great if you guys would remove your comments / discussion / interpretation from the record thread and continue your discussion here.
Just to clarify: My comment above was in response to DownOnRodeo's query about whether or not there was a time limit to editing posts.

I deleted it anyway.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Just to clarify: My comment was in response to DownOnRodeo's query about whether or not there was a time limit to editing posts.

I deleted it anyway.
Mine was also. I think her point was that the poster didn't want any discussion. Which apparently included responding.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Mine was also. I think her point was that the poster didn't want any discussion. Which apparently included responding.
I think it was the fact that there was discussion in addition to the response to the question that was the problem. However, in the case of my post, I was just repeating what DOR had already said, not adding my own interp per se. Ah well. If deleting it keeps The Record on track, I am happy to do so.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just to clarify: My comment above was in response to DownOnRodeo's query about whether or not there was a time limit to editing posts.

I deleted it anyway.
i know. i almost responded to him about that too, but then decided to keep it out.

so DownonRodeo - it seems there is a limit on how many times you can edit a single post, or maybe it's a time limit. i experienced it before too, and it's definitely there, unfortunately.

i don't think current mods can do anything to change that.

thanks so much for being so nice and keeping it on track, Nancy and John!

Old 08-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i know. i almost responded to him about that too, but then decided to keep it out.

so DownonRodeo - it seems there is a limit on how many times you can edit a single post, or maybe it's a time limit. i experienced it before too, and it's definitely there, unfortunately.
Thank you Elle, sodascouts, and jbrownsjr!
I clearly bit off more than I can chew with the "Record" thread... which is soon turning into the Kristen Buckingham SNS Repository thread anyway

About the Instagram post--well, this seems to potentially dissipate any doubt about who was the master Sith Lord and who was the apprentice.

On the Edge of Palpatine
Old 08-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this is a thread to discuss below, instead of the Record thread which the starter asked to be devoid of interpretations and have only statements from the band members and closest friends, co-wrokers and family.
Two days after Musicares. After all those heartfelt speeches and dances and "Lindsey and I joined FM when we were 16 and 17..."

It still baffles me how cold some people can be. You have known the man for more than 50 years and you have been plotting his demise since last year... how twisted you can be to do something like that?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Two days after Musicares. After all those heartfelt speeches and dances and "Lindsey and I joined FM when we were 16 and 17..."

It still baffles me how cold some people can be. You have known the man for more than 50 years and you have been plotting his demise since last year... how twisted you can be to do something like that?
against my better judgement i will add a comment in Rumours forum, since this is some new info. the timeline seems to be:

Jan 26 - Musicares event in NYC.
Jan 27 - Pattie's video with him discussing how he wants to do both Mac and solo tour at the same time in the fall was recorded on Jan 27. at the time LB was heading to the airport to fly back home to LA, and Christine McVie was flying to London at the same time.
Jan 28 - Lindsey is back in LA. Mick is still in NYC. no idea where Stevie and John are. Christine McVie lands in London.

also Jan 28 - LB is fired. since other FM members are scattered throughout the world at the time, and it's unclear whether LB was the only one in LA, must have been fired by the phone call.

this makes me wonder whether John's vote came after the firing already took place? it also confirms Christine's claim that she only heard about it after she landed in London, and that everything seemed on track for the Classic 5 FM tour to her when she got on the plane in NYC on Jan 27.

Old 08-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
against my better judgement i will add a comment in Rumours forum, since this is some new info. the timeline seems to be:

Jan 26 - Musicares event in NYC.
Jan 27 - Pattie's video with him discussing how he wants to do both Mac and solo tour at the same time in the fall was recorded on Jan 27. at the time LB was heading to the airport to fly back home to LA, and Christine McVie was flying to London at the same time.
Jan 28 - Lindsey is back in LA. Mick is still in NYC. no idea where Stevie and John are. Christine McVie lands in London.

also Jan 28 - LB is fired. since other FM members are scattered throughout the world at the time, and it's unclear whether LB was the only one in LA, must have been fired by the phone call.

this makes me wonder whether John's vote came after the firing already took place? it also confirms Christine's claim that she only heard about it after she landed in London, and that everything seemed on track for the Classic 5 FM tour to her when she got on the plane in NYC on Jan 27.
So then the part about Mick going out to promoters to see if they would support a Stevie less or Lindsey less tour and the promoters votes 19 to 1 for a Lindsey less tour is lies too then as surely in two days they couldn't have approached and got answers back from everyone that fast?
Or do you think this is true and maybe Mick had gone and asked the promoters this all BEFORE MusiCares?

This whole premeditated plan by SN just keeps getting worse each day
Old 08-19-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
So then the part about Mick going out to promoters to see if they would support a Stevie less or Lindsey less tour and the promoters votes 19 to 1 for a Lindsey less tour is lies too then as surely in two days they couldn't have approached and got answers back from everyone that fast?
Or do you think this is true and maybe Mick had gone and asked the promoters this all BEFORE MusiCares?

if it happened, it must have been well before Musicares. which again makes it incredibly low and treasonous. which KB also said in her comments recently.

some fans said that no wonder the last song on the new CD that comes with the LB concert ticket is Treason. they might be onto something!

Old 08-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He must have done something pretty nasty to have this happen, is all I can say. And as for Christine being caught unawares, how ridiculous.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post

I think the promoters thing is suspect. We only heard it from one place, AFAIK - that guy on Facebook, who was a photographer and said he heard it from a friend of the band, right? There was no secondary verification. It wouldn't be the first time third hand information hasn't been accurate.

Besides, Mick didn't need to call any promoters and have them tell him Stevie was more marketable. That's a given. Now, I could see after the fact that he might have had to go tell angry promoters, all of whom had been expecting to market the Rumours 5, that Stevie had forced his hand, that it was better to fire Lindsey than to lose her, and all but one promoter agreeing.

But it's evident they acted as soon as Christine was gone so they could do their "majority rules" without her.

They waited three more days to call Campbell on his birthday and ask him to join the band officially, according to the band's story. If that's true, I think it was more to give him a nice birthday surprise than because they spent those three days deliberating on whether or not to call him.

Last edited by sodascouts; 08-19-2018 at 06:54 PM..