User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I recently spoke with someone who works very closely with Lindsey...
This person is a close associate of Lindsey and has no reason to tell me anything but the truth.
My sources close to the band are telling me that Lindsey...
Ah, your sources at work again.
I like that, nice touch, too bad that I did not ever think of adding "sources" to my opinons to try and add some authority and depth.
On the other hand - it does not work THAT good anyway.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 05-27-2018 at 06:05 PM..
Old 05-27-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Ah, your sources at work again.
I like that, nice touch, too bad that I did not ever think of adding "sources" to my opinons to try and add some authority and depth.
Yes, real evidence is a tough thing when it goes against your unsupported narrative. I have spoken with two people very close to Lindsey who confirmed the band's story. They said Lindsey wanted to put the tour off until 2019 and he assumed the band would comply. The band (Mick, John, and Stevie) didn't want to cancel the tour so they fired him.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

calling someone (Mick) a "money whore" is not obscene. The term "money whore" means someone who has no scruples about wanting money and getting it however they can. Most comments I've seen use the word "whore" in this context.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, real evidence is a tough thing when it goes against your unsupported narrative. I have spoken with two people very close to Lindsey who confirmed the band's story.
The thing is, I'm not a liar.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So what you're saying is that you have no evidence. That's fine but calling me a "liar" doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you answer why neither Lindsey nor anyone associated with him has denied the band's story?
Old 05-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You have no evidence, either.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you answer why neither Lindsey nor anyone associated with him has denied the band's story?
Can you?

I would think that neither Lindsey nor the band can talk because of legal issues. IF the band booked venues before the firing, Lindsey may or may not is entitled to some of the profit and right now a bunch of lawyers are combing through the papers. And before they have sorted it all out, noone will say anything more.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have no evidence, either.
Actually I do. The band has told their side of the story. I have spoken with two people close to Lindsey who confirmed the story (you can believe this or not ... I don't care). Most importantly, Lindsey hasn't denied the story. No one in Lindsey's management has denied the story. Again, no one is denying the band's story. That's the evidence.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can you?

I would think that neither Lindsey nor the band can talk because of legal issues. IF the band booked venues before the firing, Lindsey may or may not is entitled to some of the profit and right now a bunch of lawyers are combing through the papers. And before they have sorted it all out, noone will say anything more.
Ok, at least that's an idea that could conceivably have some truth to it. You're saying that Lindsey won't say anything because his lawyer is telling him not to say anything. Then why did he make comments about it last week? He did talk about it but he just didn't deny the band's story. If he was told to keep him mouth shut then he wouldn't have said anything. And the band has done multiple interviews. Why would they have done that if lawyers are telling them to keep quiet? It's very unlikely Lindsey hasn't denied the story because his lawyer is telling him to keep quiet.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band has said that they fired Lindsey because he wouldn't tour for a year. Interestingly, Lindsey has not denied this.

If Lindsey was willing to tour, you'd think he would said something by now. However, Lindsey has not denied the band's story. No one associated with the Lindsey has denied the specifics of the story and said that Lindsey was willing to tour before next year.

I recently spoke with someone who works very closely with Lindsey and he confirmed that the band's story is essentially what actually happened. This person is a close associate of Lindsey and has no reason to tell me anything but the truth.

Despite the fact that I'm not aware of any evidence that the band's story isn't true, I know that almost everyone on this forum doesn't believe the band's story and instead believes that Lindsey was willing to tour and that Stevie and Mick conspired to fire the most important musical force in the band putting the band's future in doubt. It seems very unlikely that the band would fire their most important musical player without a legitimate cause.

Without resorting to name-calling and angry vitriol, I'm wondering if some of the "LindseyGate" conspiracy folks can post some concrete evidence that Lindsey was willing to tour this year and that there was, in fact, another reason for the firing. I'm open to that possibility, but would like to see some real evidence, such as a statement from someone with knowledge of the situation, and not the usual banter of name-calling aimed at Mick and Stevie.

For example, since he was fired, has Lindsey said he was willing to tour this year? Since the firing, has Lindsey denied the band's story? If he has, I haven't seen that denial.

I know Lindsey said in January that he was planning a Fleetwood Mac tour but he didn't say when that tour would be. My sources close to the band are telling me that Lindsey did plan to tour with Fleetwood Mac but in late 2019 and that was what he was referring to in that video from January. The band wanted to start the tour this fall and Lindsey wanted to put it off until late 2019.

Second, has Lindsey or someone associated with him or the band presented an alternate story or why the band fired him? If so, I haven't seen that.

If the conspiracy folks want to believe that Lindsey was willing to tour and the band's story is fiction then you need to come up with another plausible reason for why they would fire the band's central musical figure putting the band's future in jeopardy.

And you would need to present some evidence to support your theory of why Mick and Stevie would do this. Do you have any real evidence that's not conjecture? If so, please post it.

Lindsey did speak last week at that political benefit, but you may have noticed that he didn't deny the band's story. He simply said that the band has "lost perspective" which seems to, if anything, confirm rather than deny the band's account of events. He seemed to be implying that it was true that he wouldn't tour until 2019 and that the band had "lost perspective" by firing him rather than rescheduling the tour. Wouldn't he have denied the band's story and presented an alternate story if he believed that the band's story was fiction? It seems to me much more likely that Lindsey wanted to reschedule the tour until 2019 and the band didn't want to do that so they fired him which is exactly what the band is saying.

I know many of you believe that the band's story is a lie but do you all have any real objective evidence to support your belief or is it just based on gut feeling?

I'd be happy to be convinced that your theory has legs but I would need to see some real evidence such as someone close to the band presenting an alternative story.

If you don't have any real evidence, then you're simply spouting a conspiracy theory that has as much credibility as the moon landing conspiracy theories.
put some effort into finding the video that has been posted several times of him talking the morning after the Musicares event saying clearly that he was expecting FM to tour this year and he planned to be part of it.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually I do. The band has told their side of the story. I have spoken with two people close to Lindsey who confirmed the story (you can believe this or not ... I don't care). Most importantly, Lindsey hasn't denied the story. No one in Lindsey's management has denied the story. Again, no one is denying the band's story. That's the evidence.
I don't believe you. And what you call evidence is actually your biased interpretation of silence.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, at least that's an idea that could conceivably have some truth to it. You're saying that Lindsey won't say anything because his lawyer is telling him not to say anything. Then why did he make comments about it last week? He did talk about it but he just didn't deny the band's story. If he was told to keep him mouth shut then he wouldn't have said anything. And the band has done multiple interviews. Why would they have done that if lawyers are telling them to keep quiet? It's very unlikely Lindsey hasn't denied the story because his lawyer is telling him to keep quiet.
You talked to some of their lawyers, too?
Old 05-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band has said that they fired Lindsey because he wouldn't tour for a year. Interestingly, Lindsey has not denied this.
Lindsey hasn’t said anything other than certain factions lost their perspective. He might not be allowed to say anything right now. It might also be why nobody in Lindsey’s camp has said anything substantial about what happened.

Quote:
Despite the fact that I'm not aware of any evidence that the band's story isn't true, I know that almost everyone on this forum doesn't believe the band's story and instead believes that Lindsey was willing to tour and that Stevie and Mick conspired to fire the most important musical force in the band putting the band's future in doubt.
What I was saying is that the band, or at least Stevie and Mick, have gone out of their way to say “majority rules,” Christine said she wasn’t part of the decision, and Lindsey made a point to say “factions.” So, while the decision of WHY they parted ways with Lindsey is open to speculation, HOW they voted Lindsey out the band and WHO initiated the vote is actually pretty clear. I’m not putting any judgment on the decision, just saying how it was executed.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If Lindsey was willing to tour, you'd think he would said something by now. However, Lindsey has not denied the band's story. No one associated with the Lindsey has denied the specifics of the story and said that Lindsey was willing to tour before next year.

I recently spoke with someone who works very closely with Lindsey and he confirmed that the band's story is essentially what actually happened. This person is a close associate of Lindsey and has no reason to tell me anything but the truth.

Despite the fact that I'm not aware of any evidence that the band's story isn't true, I know that almost everyone on this forum doesn't believe the band's story and instead believes that Lindsey was willing to tour and that Stevie and Mick conspired to fire the most important musical force in the band putting the band's future in doubt. It seems very unlikely that the band would fire their most important musical player without a legitimate cause.

Without resorting to name-calling and angry vitriol, I'm wondering if some of the "LindseyGate" conspiracy folks can post some concrete evidence that Lindsey was willing to tour this year and that there was, in fact, another reason for the firing. I'm open to that possibility, but would like to see some real evidence, such as a statement from someone with knowledge of the situation, and not the usual banter of name-calling aimed at Mick and Stevie.

For example, since he was fired, has Lindsey said he was willing to tour this year? Since the firing, has Lindsey denied the band's story? If he has, I haven't seen that denial.

I know Lindsey said in January that he was planning a Fleetwood Mac tour but he didn't say when that tour would be. My sources close to the band are telling me that Lindsey did plan to tour with Fleetwood Mac but in late 2019 and that was what he was referring to in that video from January. The band wanted to start the tour this fall and Lindsey wanted to put it off until late 2019.

Second, has Lindsey or someone associated with him or the band presented an alternate story or why the band fired him? If so, I haven't seen that.

If the conspiracy folks want to believe that Lindsey was willing to tour and the band's story is fiction then you need to come up with another plausible reason for why they would fire the band's central musical figure putting the band's future in jeopardy.

And you would need to present some evidence to support your theory of why Mick and Stevie would do this. Do you have any real evidence that's not conjecture? If so, please post it.

Lindsey did speak last week at that political benefit, but you may have noticed that he didn't deny the band's story. He simply said that the band has "lost perspective" which seems to, if anything, confirm rather than deny the band's account of events. He seemed to be implying that it was true that he wouldn't tour until 2019 and that the band had "lost perspective" by firing him rather than rescheduling the tour. Wouldn't he have denied the band's story and presented an alternate story if he believed that the band's story was fiction? It seems to me much more likely that Lindsey wanted to reschedule the tour until 2019 and the band didn't want to do that so they fired him which is exactly what the band is saying.

I know many of you believe that the band's story is a lie but do you all have any real objective evidence to support your belief or is it just based on gut feeling?

I'd be happy to be convinced that your theory has legs but I would need to see some real evidence such as someone close to the band presenting an alternative story.

If you don't have any real evidence, then you're simply spouting a conspiracy theory that has as much credibility as the moon landing conspiracy theories.
Many other people with reliable 'sources' just like your so-called sources have claimed that the band is manipulating the story. Lindsey did ask to delay the tour but he dropped it once it became obvious that wasn't going to happen and started to make plans to do the solo dates he wanted in between the tour instead. But they threw him out anyways. Hence the vitriol from his family and the claims from other people close to him (actual people like Rick Turner and a member of the BM backing band) saying that he wasn't making them delay anything, he was trying to plan two tours.