Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey suing the band??

Someone posted in one of the Rumours thread an article claiming that LB has filed something in court re: his dismissal. I've copied it here so it isn't totally lost in all the other threads.

Here it is: Ex ‘Fleetwood Mac’ Star Lindsey Buckingham Slams Band In Shocking Lawsuit: ‘I’ve Only Gotten Radio Silence!’

Ex ‘Fleetwood Mac’ Star Lindsey Buckingham Slams Band In Shocking Lawsuit: ‘I’ve Only Gotten Radio Silence!’

Lindsey Buckingham said he was heartbroken when he was suddenly cut off from Fleetwood Mac, and now the former lead guitarist is suing his former bandmates for breach of contract after he was dropped from the band’s North American tour, according to court documents obtained exclusively by RadarOnline.com

In a suit filed at Los Angeles Superior Court, Buckingham, 69, said he and other members — Christine McVie, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood — signed with Live Nation for a 60-show tour over the next two years, with each member poised to make about $12 to $14 million.

Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.

The star said he and the other members agreed to Nicks’ request, and the band managers negotiated with LiveNation for 60 shows in North America, which included Buckingham.

In the affidavit, Buckingham said from December 2017 to January 2018, he also was exploring his options on whether he could embark on a small tour to promote his solo album.

Buckingham claimed he made it clear he considered the Fleetwood Mac tour as a priority and would do “whatever was necessary” to participate on the tour. However, about a week after the band performed at the Jan. 28 MusiCares event, Buckingham said he was suddenly dropped not only from the planned tour, but also from the band he helped create.

Buckingham said he has repeatedly reached out to members of the band. In an email to Christie McVie, Buckingham wrote:

“After forty-three years and the finish line clear in sight, it’s hard to escape the conclusion that for the five of us to splinter apart now would be the wrong thing. Wrong for the beautiful legacy we’ve built together. Wring for our legions of loyal fans who would hate to see the final act be a breakup. Wrong for ourselves, and all that we’ve accomplished and shared together.”

Buckingham said after he sent the email, he also offered to fly to Maui to meet with Nicks and Fleetwood, but his offer was rebuffed by both.

Buckingham said while continued to make efforts to keep the band together, the other members allegedly “secretly, and unceremoniously, moved on without him, including hiring contract players to replace Buckingham’s iconic vocals and guitar parts on the live performances of the recordings” he created.

“On information and belied the other Partners, by wrongful excluding Buckingham, have sought to enrich themselves at Buckingham’s expense. Buckingham brings this lawsuit in order to assure his rights to the usurped Fleetwood Mac Partnership opportunity.”

In an interview on the CBS show “This Morning” on April 25, 2018, Fleetwood said, “This team wanted to get out on the road and one of the members did not want to get out on the road for a year.”

Buckingham is suing for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage.

In an email to Fleetwood dated February 28, 2018, Buckingham wrote he wondered whether the rift between him and the other band members was possibly caused by attorneys and management.

“In times past, the band has always relied on it’s center, it’s heart and soul to work through difficulties when they arose. But now, those around the edges — attorneys, management — have stepped in and rendered that center silent and impotent. Because of this, the only info and insights I’ve been able to get about things have come from those on the edges. And consequently, I wonder if there hasn’t been an undue amount of intrigue and misinformation thrown into the mix. All of this breaks my heart.”
Old 10-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GOOD for him. I hope he gets tambourine witch and M$ck Money whore FL$$twood right where it hurts...their wallets.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Don Felder sued the Eagles and got a huge pay day PLUS he still gets paid for every Eagles concert since they play his songs.
Lindsey has a good case because all 5 signed up under contract to do the tour. Then Lindsey gets fired for smirking?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Were the misspellings and grammar mistakes in the original? How trustworthy is this site?

Old 10-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Were the misspellings and grammar mistakes in the original? How trustworthy is this site?
I don’t know how trustworthy or not that site is but the info in that article fits everything I’ve heard this spring. If you read my response to David in the RS thread (where he asked for your opinion) that is exact timeline eacribed in this article, regarding solo and then concurrent tours. I heard in early January that he’s no longer considering solo tour before the Mac but concurrent tour instead. At some point I heard that apparently he’s suing them. I also heard in March that he was considering going to Maui to try to at least talk to the whole band in person and that they were “bracing “ to fend him off. He decided not to go at the last moment, I guess concluding it would be pointless. There are multiple discussions about that somewhere in all the regurgitated garbage in the rumours forum.

Frankly, considering how many of his songs fakewoods are doing, I’m almost inclined to think that lawsuit has already been settled but the article says it’s open. I hope he’s got some good lawyers! He’s up against some of the same people that Don Felder was up against.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I don’t know how trustworthy or not that site is but the info in that article fits everything I’ve heard this spring. If you read my response to David in the RS thread (where he asked for your opinion) that is exact timeline eacribed in this article, regarding solo and then concurrent tours. I heard in early January that he’s no longer considering solo tour before the Mac but concurrent tour instead. At some point I heard that apparently he’s suing them. I also heard in March that he was considering going to Maui to try to at least talk to the whole band in person and that they were “bracing “ to fend him off. He decided not to go at the last moment, I guess concluding it would be pointless. There are multiple discussions about that somewhere in all the regurgitated garbage in the rumours forum.

Frankly, considering how many of his songs fakewoods are doing, I’m almost inclined to think that lawsuit has already been settled but the article says it’s open. I hope he’s got some good lawyers! He’s up against some of the same people that Don Felder was up against.
Excellent point Elle
I was puzzled at the amount of Lindsey songs they are doing on the tour. It is very possible a settlement has taken place and this online buzz is sort of old news. Its just not logical to fire someone for smirking, refuse to speak with them, cut them out of the contract to tour, and then gleefully go on the road with replacements to play his songs. The timing of the RS article is suspect too. Now Lindsey can say his side after a settlement?
Unless Fleetwood Mac is egging him on.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-11-2018 at 01:48 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
There are some comments here that make it seem fabricated or at least dated. It’s also refers to Christine as Christie. I would think any lawsuit would have happened earlier, right after this was announced, which is why the marketing/publicity was so lackluster/late and downright nonexistent.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What exactly would he be suing the individual members for? I'm sure there are royalty agreements / contracts in place that allow the band to play his songs live. If they all had individual contracts with the tour promoter, wouldn't he have to sue the promoter for allowing the tour to go on without him?
Old 10-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

So this means that he did originally want to delay the tour? And that the rest of the band were not lying about that? I thought part of the problem fans had was that part was not supposed to be true? Interesting.

“Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.”

Last edited by StevieandChris; 10-11-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
So this means that he did originally want to delay the tour? And that the rest of the band were not lying about that? I thought part of the problem fans had was that part was not supposed to be true? Interesting.

“Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.”
No they're still lying because they said he was insisting on a delay until November of 2019 which would've made them wait a whole year. He's saying he asked for a delay of just a few months until this November and then dropped it after he was "stonewalled".
Old 10-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The band (Stevie specifically I think) said he wanted to delay it a year. So not a total lie but greatly exaggerated.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
GOOD for him. I hope he gets tambourine witch and M$ck Money whore FL$$twood right where it hurts...their wallets.
WoW!

Well put!

I used to love Stevie. What is wrong with her?

Mick. Well he's a bit on the arrogant side. Met him once. Not impressed. L

So Sad!
Old 10-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
The band (Stevie specifically I think) said he wanted to delay it a year. So not a total lie but greatly exaggerated.
3 months is entirely different than an entire year.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
3 months is entirely different than an entire year.
But now we know they were not completely fabricating: he asked for a delay. So that becomes part of the reasons for firing him, like it or not.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But now we know they were not completely fabricating: he asked for a delay. So that becomes part of the reasons for firing him, like it or not.
Since he accepted the refusal, the reason is that he presumed to ask?!