Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Think About It live?

Do we have any proper quality footage of it?
Old 03-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Think About It" is probably my favorite song off Bella Donna. I think it encapsulates the entire album (and time period) PERFECTLY - stylistically, musically and vocally.

Sadly, the only "live" audio I've ever heard are on a few bootlegs from the first tour - the quality of which being lackluster for all.

When it comes to video, there is nothing.

I have no doubt that Stevie and her people have the ENTIRE HBO show on both audio and video - including the performances of "Think About It" and "Blue Lamp" which were both INCREDIBLE on that night. I'll never understand why those two songs weren't at least included on the live disc for last years Bella Donna Expanded Edition - yet another missed opportunity.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

100% agree! I was so disappointed Think About It and Blue Lamp were left off the live CD on the Bella Donna rerelease. Both are two of my favorites, and it was, indeed, such a missed opportunity that they weren't included.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Think About It and Blue Lamp rank in my top 5 Stevie solo songs EVER, so I'm as dissapointed as you that no footage or even decent quality audio has ever surfaced. The Bella Donna Deluxe re-release was sort of the last chance for recordings of those songs to surface and it didn't happen.

It's just my guess, but it might be because they were never recorded to begin with. The recording we have from that night are audience recordings, and while some of the show was released on video the rest was supposedly broadcast on radio. My bootleg of that radio show's track-list includes the songs on the video as well as:

After the Glitter Fades
Leather & Lace
Angel
How Still My Love
Bella Donna

but not Think About It or Blue Lamp. And then the re-release comes out and ALSO omits those two songs. It's possible that neither song was even recorded, and who knows why. My copy of Think About It live from that night has some serious microphone feedback during the performance, so maybe they chucked it because of that before the radio broadcast.

I know that when Genesis played Wembley in '87 the recording crew chose to go over their equipment during a medley of old songs on all four nights, so this medley was just never recorded. Maybe something similar happened with Blue Lamp and Think About It?

I still wish these songs would be released (Blue Lamp in particular sounds INCREDIBLE in the boot through the muddy audio) but don't have much hope that they will. If they existed, they would have been put out on the re-release.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oooh! Could you post the Blue Lamp and Think Of It bootlegs?