Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Given the opportunity, image how many of us would do the exact same thing.
Yup. I would. But, I guess it makes a difference that Vanessa is in show business. The rest of us would just be 'fans'. You've got to be a celebrity 'fan' for it to be special.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyinscarlet View Post
Just reading that I think it's sad that Stevie finds what Vanessa did so unique and amazing. How many friends does she really have? Geez. Friends do this.
Oh you mean staying at the hospital with her? Definitely. I did think it was sad that she realized that her assistants were there because they basically had to be and that Vanessa was someone who didn't have to be and she was there.

But really, people let you down. When my loved ones have been in the hospital I have had close blood relatives give you that old line, "I just didn't want to see him like that" as an excuse for why they stayed away. I was actually impressed by the people who DID come that I did not expect there and I learned something about the people I would have expected to be there who begged off.

But before her mom got sick, I was just laughing at the way Stevie said that Vanessa has chosen to spend Christmas with the Nicks for the last few years and no one quite knew why and then she left for Texas to be with her family which is where she should have been all along, Stevie said. That part cracked me up. I meant before we got to the part where Vanessa came back when she realized how grave Barbara's condition was and stayed with Stevie until the end.

Michele
Old 11-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just reading that I think it's sad that Stevie finds what Vanessa did so unique and amazing. How many friends does she really have? Geez. Friends do this.
Actually a lot of people *don't* do this. Some do, but some beg off doing it.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Actually a lot of people *don't* do this. Some do, but some beg off doing it.
Friends do. I find that the ones usually begging off are relatives. When my mom was dying, she was already in a home where they send you to die basically, two of our friends came and they were ready to settle in with my brother and I and get pizza etc.. Mom died while they were there. I was holding her hand and we all were talking. Chatting like we usually did and I turned my head and mom had stopped breathing. It was good that she could go with my holding her hand and the sound of us yakking all around her. So, friends.

Last edited by studyinscarlet; 11-09-2014 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh you mean staying at the hospital with her? Definitely. I did think it was sad that she realized that her assistants were there because they basically had to be and that Vanessa was someone who didn't have to be and she was there.

But really, people let you down. When my loved ones have been in the hospital I have had close blood relatives give you that old line, "I just didn't want to see him like that" as an excuse for why they stayed away. I was actually impressed by the people who DID come that I did not expect there and I learned something about the people I would have expected to be there who begged off.

But before her mom got sick, I was just laughing at the way Stevie said that Vanessa has chosen to spend Christmas with the Nicks for the last few years and no one quite knew why and then she left for Texas to be with her family which is where she should have been all along, Stevie said. That part cracked me up. I meant before we got to the part where Vanessa came back when she realized how grave Barbara's condition was and stayed with Stevie until the end.

Michele
Yeah, but it does make me wonder. Who are her real friends? I mean, her mom is very sick and there's no one other than relatives or assistants there. It just sounds sad to me.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the transcription, Nicole!

I didn't get to stream it and wasn't sure when I'd have the time to listen to the recordings. !!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for all the thanks, guys. It was pretty fun. I've got to do something while everyone is sleeping on the other side of the world.

This talk of Barbara passing away reminds me of a few things, actually.

"But when hard times come over the next 20 or 30 years, when people we love die, he’ll be the first person I’ll call. Knowing that now, I think he has been able to let go of all the nasty things that happened and realise that, like I said to him, Lindsey, you’ll always have me. I’m always a phone call away. So you get it all.”

"You were grieving for somebody else / I was grieving for you." (Miss Fantasy)

During the January 2013 interview where Stevie discussed the effect of Barbara's passing, how pleased her mom would have been that it brought them closer together, that her and Lindsey had talked about it a lot, that they all loved her, etc, she said - while sitting between Lindsey and Mick - that the last of the "old guard" had passed away. Except Mick's mum is still alive. So was the 'old guard' just her and LB's parents, then?

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-10-2014, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

"But when hard times come over the next 20 or 30 years, when people we love die, he’ll be the first person I’ll call. Knowing that now, I think he has been able to let go of all the nasty things that happened and realise that, like I said to him, Lindsey, you’ll always have me. I’m always a phone call away. So you get it all.”
This is similar to the sentiment she expressed in the Off the Record interview with Joe Benson:

Quote:
It’s almost exactly the same as it was when we did Rumours. You know what Lindsey is like. As difficult as our life has been, together and apart, he and I. He's like, you know when something goes - something happens to you that’s bad and your mother calls you or your dad calls you, and you pick up the phone and you hear their voice and you just burst into tears. Lindsey is that, to me, because I’ve known him for so long.
Michele
Old 11-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know how it feels by loosing loved ones.The past 11 years was not good here loosing four of them.My friends were there to help me.

I have to say this woman that we know with the name of Stevie carried me through those bad times and keep me going and move on with my life. With depression which I still suffer at times with. She will help me get through it like this radio show this week end.

Meanwhile I had a great week last week with all the Stevie appearances going on.Plus the FM show on Nov 1st.

Thanks Stevie...

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but it does make me wonder. Who are her real friends? I mean, her mom is very sick and there's no one other than relatives or assistants there. It just sounds sad to me.
me too
i mean come on ... i will be her friend
though i don't do hospitals or blood
Old 11-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I were her friend, I'd give her more practical advice than Tom does. It would be more poetic too.

Michele
Old 11-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If I were her friend, I'd give her more practical advice than Tom does. It would be more poetic too.

Michele

i don't think she needs advice.
i think she sometimes needs a hug
Old 11-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont believe the stream is still up and running.

The Dealer is playing now at 7;45pm est.

the show will reloop after 8pm est.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i don't think she needs advice.
I don't know. She seems to eat Tom's up. It makes her stronger. She makes plaques out of his recommendations for her wall. Embroiders his sayings on doilies, "Stay out of record stores."

Michele
Old 11-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know. She seems to eat Tom's up. It makes her stronger. She makes plaques out of his recommendations for her wall. Embroiders his sayings on doilies, "Stay out of record stores."

Michele
Don't buy that doll...is tattooed somewhere we will never see
this was all pre-dance so we know it ain't Bucky related

I do like that her motto/anthem in rehab was I Won't Back Down
better than any Walsh/Henley caca