The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This all just makes me howl with laughter.

Y'all know this is 90 seconds worth of a 4 hour shoot that was filmed weeks if not months ago, right?

And that it was pieced together weeks after the fact. So, the outcomes were already known. After the footage was shot. So the editing is cut together to make a story.
The Voice is unlike Idol, X Factor, AGT, SYTYCD or Dancing With The Stars. It is not LIVE. The Voice is a constructed story with a conclusion that is foregone until the very last night's taping. I am not sure the finale is even live anymore at this point. I can't testify if the finale is live this season.

There is very little, if anything, that is real about this presentation.

That is not to say that Stevie's "performance" is not sincere. I have been at many of these tapings. It is sincere. But The Voice uses what it needs to. Weeks afterwards. There isn't really anything organic about the way the process is presented. When this footage was edited, the results of the following weeks was already known. It is meticulously constructed for maximum dramatic impact.

This show is in no way shape or form "real" in the way Idol, SYTYCD, AGT or DTWS is. I know. I have intimate knowledge of all of them. It is just funny. If only you all could be on these sets while the shows are shot. You would never look at them the same way again. It literally makes me squeal.

No. I can't say any more. The NDA papers I have signed could choke a goat. But you really have NO IDEA.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wpxi.com

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...knockou/nhyqw/

Stevie Nicks helped Levine coach the battle performance and gave Jamison advice about his nerves.

“The best thing you can do is walk out there with a big attitude and sing the best you can,” said Nicks.

The Fleetwood Mac star’s advice must have worked. Jamison performed like a professional and cool up-and-coming star.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from interview with Matt McAndrew in Philadelphia Inquirer]

David Hiltbrand, Inquirer TV Critic Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 3:01 AM

http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta..._favorite.html

TV's top singing competition asks the contestants not to reveal they are on the show until the season starts. That meant McAndrew, 24, was traveling so frequently to Los Angeles for tapings that he had to quit his day jobs: on the crew at Trader Joe's on Market Street and as an instructor at Bach to Rock, the music school in Wayne.

He just couldn't tell anyone why.

"It's so exciting. I'm hanging out with Adam Levine and Stevie Nicks and I can't talk about it," McAndrew says. "I really got a little depressed and more antisocial than I really am. I was avoiding people so they couldn't ask me what I'm doing."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...0XzCFshLYCw.99
Old 11-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Yeah, Matt's OK. I'm usually all Team Adam, but I find myself liking Reagan & Craig from Blake's team, too

Lee
Old 11-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
This all just makes me howl with laughter.

Y'all know this is 90 seconds worth of a 4 hour shoot that was filmed weeks if not months ago, right?

I can't say any more. The NDA papers I have signed could choke a goat. But you really have NO IDEA.
It's a bit caustic to be gloating about getting laughs at the expense of people who might be unaware that the show is time-delayed.

It became very obvious the show is prerecorded. Some fans figured that out. Stevie, while very powerful, doesn't have the power to be in two places at the same time. Her episodes on The Voice aired while she was on the road with Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-19-2014 at 12:12 AM..