User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's not a bad theory. History has taught us a lot. I hope we're wrong.
I just wish the band was above letting her make them wait. Sure, they want an album with her, but if that can't be had, why just sit there? Put out the album in 2015, capitalize on the publicity her absence will bring and hope that in a year or two maybe you can make an album with her.

Michele
Old 01-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.
No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.

Michele
Old 01-26-2015, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No need to fire. Just make an album without her and connect with her again in 2017.

Michele
I like this better. That way, they can even tour again if Stevie wants to tour the new album and we'll get new music.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
My guess is she will participate eventually but not this year or even next. She will make the band wait for her. Just my guess.
Yeah, this is kind of what I've been saying for some time, too. We all know how Stevie prefers to flop between her solo and FM careers. After 3 consecutive years in a row of touring with FM, she will most likely want a break from FM. Especially considering she shelved any sort of promotion for her most recent solo album, and instead kept on touring with FM. I don't see a FM album coming out this year at all. Next year? Maybe.

My guess is Stevie will want to do at least some sort of small solo tour perhaps later this year for 24k Gold. Or maybe she will take off the rest of the year to write and put some demos to tape. We all know how the road with FM tends to inspire her. I also know with Lindsey and Christine contributing new material, Stevie will want something fresh to bring to the FM table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
will? she already did. 5 years and counting. i guess they need to wait 10 years. wish they'd fire her and get on with it already.
Ok, so where's the 5 year figure coming from? It's been 2 years since the EP, and 12 since Say You Will. Stevie's last albums were released 1 & 4 years ago; Lindsey's 4, 7, and 9 years ago; and Christine's was 11 years back. I guess the first time we heard rumblings of a new FM album was during the Unleashed tour, though- 6 years ago now?

Whatever the case, I hope Stevie gets on board for a FM album sooner than later. It's been 28 years since we've gotten any new studio work from the Rumours 5. The band is on the largest grossing tour of their career, and public interest has never been higher. It's time to strike while the iron is hot. They had the same chance following the Dance, and utterly bungled it back then by waiting 6 years to release new material. I sincerely hope they learned from that mistake, but something tells me they haven't.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Big Bad Stevie is just making Fleetwood Mac wait and wait for her. I call BS on all this. if she said the sky were blue a lot of you here would say it was another color just to bitch about her. She hung in with this group while being the only female for years. Why would she walk away now that Christine is back? Take a pill...
Because she know she has a limited time to accomplish for herself and she is back to being respected ( thank liz rosenberg )and not the butt of the joke

plus she made enough cash on this tour to keep her from worrying for awhile
Old 01-26-2015, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry being a FM Debbie downer and harsh plus and so non FM .At this point I really dont care if Stevie goes to record with FM at this point.The topic is getting tiring.Sorry to be crude.

Whatever she does and its fine with me.She can go and sing an opera album is fine with me. Anyway who said its mandatory that she got to record a new album with FM.

If they record without her.They can hire Paulette Carlson to replace her.

On a positive note I hope this game will pan out in the meantime and enjoy the rest of this tour.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why does she get a pass on the "you're in or you're out" rule? That's how it was for Lindsey and for Christine. If Stevie doesn't want to be on the album, she shouldn't be in the band. Anyway, Fleetwood Mac already tried the "only half a member of the band" experiment, and it didn't work.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why does she get a pass on the "you're in or you're out" rule? .
Because they don't want to play theaters and clubs ? or be Foghat's opening act
Old 01-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hypothetically speaking if Stevie had a talk with Mick and said "I don't like the musical direction Lindsey takes my songs ( or whatever the reason is) therefore I will not record with the band and so I don't hold Fleetwood Mac back any longer I am retiring from the band permanently"...I wonder what Mick response would be. Would he would beg Stevie to stay (more cash cow tours) and the record be put on hold indefinitely. Or would Mick say "Bye Bye" ?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't even know what to think anymore. I wonder where all of this negativity towards Lindsey is coming from now. Could it possibly be from the pressure he's putting on her to finish the new record?

I've been wondering if Stevie and/or Liz have just put a gag on asking about the FM album all together? Because it blows my mind that no one has even asked about it in any interviews. I keep waiting for SOMEONE with the balls to ask her straight up what her thoughts are on her band having finished half an album without one peep from her about it. To ask her "Why aren't you commenting? Your band is so excited and have songs they are super proud of and ready to give to the world. What are your plans for it? Fans clearly want one last masterpiece from this lineup, so why instead of recording a VOL 2 of 24KG aren't you more focused on helping finish what your bandmates so clearly want?" INSTEAD - all we get are the same freakin questions she's answered over and over and over and over and over again. Someone needs to step up and ask some real questions.

Aside from that - I actually enjoy entertaining the idea that she secretly recorded material for the album during their winter break (as someone previously suggested). It's 99% improbable but a part of me likes indulging that tiny little 1% chance.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Hypothetically speaking if Stevie had a talk with Mick and said "I don't like the musical direction Lindsey takes my songs ( or whatever the reason is) therefore I will not record with the band and so I don't hold Fleetwood Mac back any longer I am retiring from the band permanently"...I wonder what Mick response would be. Would he would beg Stevie to stay (more cash cow tours) and the record be put on hold indefinitely. Or would Mick say "Bye Bye" ?
Maybe it would open a more serious dialogue about brining someone new in to executive produce....... *eyes Rick Ruben or Butch Vig*
Old 01-26-2015, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I think she will do the record. She does not want to be the one to break up the band. And I think she is being honest about her relationship. They have lingering issues. Big deal. They can get along and co-exist. It can still be difficult. Think you are reading too much into this. I think it is a matter of time commitment. She has two careers. And she likes the way her songs are coming out solo vs. with Fleetwood Mac. She was not too happy with Say You Will and quite frankly, listening to Smile At You, I cannot blame her.
You're judging her whole history with Lindsey producing her songs on Say You Will? There a many, many examples of her songs that he took to the millionth level. IMO Say You will wasn't a great album. Lindsey's work since then (solowise) has been great as has Stevie's. Now is the time to get this done.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Maybe it would open a more serious dialogue about brining someone new in to executive produce....... *eyes Rick Ruben or Butch Vig*
Not talking about producing. What I'm saying is if Stevie told Mick "I'm not recording with FM my mind is made up and nothing you can do or say will change it. I'm leaving FM because I don't want the band putting the record off any longer in hopes that I will change my mind 2 years from now. If she were to tell Mick this what would his reaction be?
Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Because they don't want to play theaters and clubs ? or be Foghat's opening act
Isn't that the truth!

I don't understand why so many have to be so damned bitter about Stevie's success and her role in Fleetwood Mac. It is what it is. They aren't going to kick her out because she is the bread and butter anymore. Sorry, but it is the truth. Christine is amazing and a huge celebrated draw for this tour, but Fleetwood Mac wasn't having trouble selling tickets without her.

I'd love a new FM album as much as anyone, by the way.

Everyone is so quick to blame Stevie for no new album (yet), when the fact is they aren't even signed to a label. Are people expecting what will likely be their *last* album ever to be released independently like that half-assed EP? No label = no album, and that's not Stevie's fault.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-26-2015, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why does she get a pass on the "you're in or you're out" rule? That's how it was for Lindsey and for Christine. If Stevie doesn't want to be on the album, she shouldn't be in the band.

$$$$$.

That's why.

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case