The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Ledgie

Default Snippet of a new song from Stevie ... ???

Hey everyone Im sure many of you have seen this before but its footage from a New Orleans show on the Unleashed Tour where Stevie treated the fans to some lyrics from a new song she was writing ...

Heres the link ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9S9YOCJG9A

The Lyrics are as follows :-

"I want to sing in the streets of the French Quarter
I want to dress up, I want to wear beads, I want to wear feathers and lace
I want to brush by the vampires that go down Bourbon Street"

Typical Stevie I guess with her fantastical imagery ...

What's everyones thoughts ???
Like it? or Not so sure??
What do u think??
Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah yes, the "Vampire song", that's probably all we ever gonna hear from it.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has referred to this as her "New Orleans Song" and it is about Hurricane Katrina. According to her she was going to put it on Crystal Visions, but decided not to. Here is what she said:

" I've written a song about New Orleans that I really love that's kind of about [Hurricane] Katrina. I was going to put it on this record as just an extra, added thing, then I pulled it because I'm not ready to release this song yet. I don't have the time to go out and find the right producer for this song. I'd like to have it be a real New Orleans flair. I live in Los Angeles. I don't really know anybody with a New Orleans flair here. I made a really, really good demo of it and it's sitting in the demo trunk waiting for when I have some time to do it. When this tour's over at the end of the summer, that's probably one of the first things I'll do is find somebody. I want to get this song recorded. I don't think it will matter if it'll take another two years to come out, because New Orleans is not getting better overnight. I think it's going to be relevant for the next 10 years, [so I'll release it] whenever I get it done to the point of where I think it's really ready to help that city. That's what I want to do with it. I want to let it go somehow someway to help them. Whether it's just giving the song royalties over to the city of New Orleans or what--but something. I'll figure out something. I didn't want to take a chance of it not being done, as good as it is. I think it's one of the best songs I've written in a long time."

Funny tho that she said this in 2007, especially about not caring if it takes another 2 years to come out. Here we are 3 years later and still no new orleans song. Get to work Stevie!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"new orleans isn't going to get better overnight" ... so why not sit on a demo that she could release & raise money for its recovery?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

now, she has to wait for the next hurricane. heck, wouldn't the superbowl half-time show have been a great place to premiere a new fleetwood mac song. . . about new orleans. They really missed the boat. again.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
"new orleans isn't going to get better overnight" ... so why not sit on a demo that she could release & raise money for its recovery?
Exactly!!!! She doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. "I want this song to help New Orleans, but hell, they are going to be in the ****ter for so long I can just take my sweet ass time! They don't NEED the royalties."
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
now, she has to wait for the next hurricane. heck, wouldn't the superbowl half-time show have been a great place to premiere a new fleetwood mac song. . . about new orleans. They really missed the boat. again.
I thought it would have been amazing for half time, and even more amazing since New Orleans won! But I'm thinking she may release it this August being that it will be the 5 year anniversary of it. How she/the mac will do so, Idk, but it'd be a good opportunity. Much better than just randomly releasing it on some idle tuesday 7 years or so after Katrina.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I thought it would have been amazing for half time, and even more amazing since New Orleans won!
I hope she can work Who Dat into the lyrics, somehow.

Michele
Old 02-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
That would be GREAT. IT was actually right after the SuperBowl that I found out about the whole "Who Dat" thing. I now love it!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, from the 'snippet', I think it sounds horrid.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
Who dat say she gon' write dat song?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 02-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know...

In all seriousness, I love Stevie and she's an amazing writer...but judging by those lyrics, I really don't know how far she can take that song. So far, it doesn't do much for me.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I don't know...

In all seriousness, I love Stevie and she's an amazing writer...but judging by those lyrics, I really don't know how far she can take that song. So far, it doesn't do much for me.
Exactly, I live in New Orleans born and raised. I was disappointed at the New Orleans concert with the song. New Orleans is so much more than Bourbon Street and such. At least she has the insight to realize that she needs someone to produce it that has "New Orleans flair". STEVIE, HERE I AM! And yes I thought the same thing about the Superbowl half time show; that would have been so perfect. We still need so much help here with our Katrina recovery, so any royalties from the song would sure be appreciated. Who Dat!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorraineRN View Post
Exactly, I live in New Orleans born and raised. I was disappointed at the New Orleans concert with the song. New Orleans is so much more than Bourbon Street and such. At least she has the insight to realize that she needs someone to produce it that has "New Orleans flair". STEVIE, HERE I AM! And yes I thought the same thing about the Superbowl half time show; that would have been so perfect. We still need so much help here with our Katrina recovery, so any royalties from the song would sure be appreciated. Who Dat!
Hmmm, I watched the same video you did and saw her talking about New Orleans being resilient also, Like it or not, most people think bourbon street when they think New Orleans, its nothing to be offended by. when people hear Arizona, i don't start telling them that were so much more than the Grand Canyon. Shheesh. even when she does do something new after all the clamoring to hear something new, people complain.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
" I've written a song about New Orleans that I really love that's kind of about [Hurricane] Katrina. I was going to put it on this record as just an extra, added thing, then I pulled it because I'm not ready to release this song yet. I don't have the time to go out and find the right producer for this song. I'd like to have it be a real New Orleans flair. I live in Los Angeles. I don't really know anybody with a New Orleans flair here.
Sometimes I wonder about her thought processes....

Umm....Stevie? Ever heard of "LITTLE FEAT"??? They have LOTS o' bayou flair and they're based in LA. I believe that their keyboardist, Billy Payne has even appeared on an album or two of yours. Plus, they opened for Fleetwood Mac on NUMEROUS occasions "back in the day". Give 'em a call, they'd be perfect for your song.