Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick finally answers Lindsey's condolence call after Peter Green died

When Peter Green died, Mick Fleetwood finally answered Lindsey Buckingham's call of condolence - after ignoring Lindsey's calls for 2.5 years and even not getting in touch when Lindsey almost died.

https://e-radio.us/mick-fleetwood-on...m-will-return/

Mick Fleetwood on viral video and whether Lindsey Buckingham will return
e-Radio.US Lifestyle
Mick Fleetwood on viral video and whether Lindsey Buckingham will return

Mick Fleetwood thinks it’s “cool” that his band’s classic tune “Dreams” is climbing the charts again.

Last month, Nathan Apodaca posted a TikTok video of himself skateboarding and chugging cranberry juice while lip-syncing to the Fleetwood Mac 1977 hit “Dreams.” The clip has been viewed over 30 million times, resulting in Apodaca being gifted a cranberry-hued truck from Ocean Spray and the Stevie Nicks penned song gaining over 8 million on-demand streams last week.

Fleetwood, 73, even made his own TikTok copying Apodaca and the two met up via a Zoom chat.

The British-born musician is humble about the video’s success chalking it up to a “moment of connectivity” that “just resonated.”

“It was a reach out with a smile,” he told Page Six from his home in Hawaii. “Here I am and here we go. It’s so what we need right now. And how cool is that?”

“It was sort of a huge accident. This is hugely gratifying and it’s fantastic,” he said.

Fleetwood Mac are as famous for their songs that defined the ’70s as much as their internecine squabbling, which has led to members leaving and returning.

The most recent was in 2018 when guitarist Lindsey Buckingham was fired.

Fleetwood, who says he spoke to Buckingham recently, “has no idea” if Buckingham will ever return.

He explained in a not very clear or succinct way: “I think the reality is without going into huge detail, one of the things I always say is that the disconnect happened and there were emotions that were somewhat not removable and there are personal things within the band and Lindsey’s world.

“All I can say is really openly is that Lindsey Buckingham and the work he has done with the band is never going to go away and we have a functioning band with the changes that we made. You know time heals and it was lovely to be able to talk with him.”

Fleetwood said the two spoke by phone after Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green passed away age 73 in July.

“Lindsey said, ‘I know you’re really sad and of course, I was.’ And that’s what reconnected me and Lindsey. We had the greatest talk. It was like we’d just spoken five minutes ago.”

The drummer is looking forward to a post-COVID time where he can perform again and “there has to be a positive outcome of stories to be told by all of us.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dick Fleetwood is SCUM.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Mick is just keeping his options open in case bankruptcy looms again and may need Lindsey.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Mick is just keeping his options open in case bankruptcy looms again and may need Lindsey.
yep!

and here's another article now. while i know Lindsey wants a peace with people who have been his family for the huge part of his life, and must be happy that they finally reconnected, i hope he NEVER goes back for anything like a full reunion tour. he wasted way too much time on FM, and he should keep working on all the stuff he's been doing the last 2 years. he's finally getting some nice street cred, and getting his name out there on his own. 1-2 Classics style shows sure, but a tour? nope. plus they are all getting ancient.

Mick finally answered Lindsey's call, after not answering them for 2.5 years. Stevie may or may not have sent him ridiculous note, not apologizing for what she did to him.

calling that being in touch is stretching it. but it does show what a decent human Lindsey Buckingham is.

https://retropopmagazine.com/fleetwo...ey-buckingham/

Fleetwood Mac reconnect with Lindsey Buckingham

Fleetwood Mac stars Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks have reconnected with axed bandmate Lindsey Buckingham.

The Go Your Own Way star was ousted from the group in 2018, after which time the star claimed only to have heard from former bandmate Christine McVie.

While the group continued with Crowded House’s Neil Finn and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers star Mike Campbell, both Stevie and Mick have recently confirmed they’ve been in touch with the hitmaker.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Stevie, who recently released new single Show Them The Way, revealed she contacted her ex after he suffered a heart attack last year.

“[I said], ‘You better take care of yourself’,” she recalled. “‘You better take it easy and you better do everything they tell you and get your voice back and feel the grace that you have made it through this.'”

The former lovers fell out over comments Buckingham made at Stevie’s expense when Fleetwood Mac were honoured as the MusiCares Person of the Year in 2018, and he was asked to leave the group.

Following her gesture, drummer Mick also spoke with his former pal, telling Page Six the pair chatted following the death of Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green in July.

“Lindsey said, ‘I know you’re really sad and of course, I was’,” he shared. “And that’s what reconnected me and Lindsey. We had the greatest talk. It was like we’d just spoken five minutes ago.”

Touching on whether there’s a possibility of Lindsey rejoining the group, he added: “I think the reality is without going into huge detail, one of the things I always say is that the disconnect happened and there were emotions that were somewhat not removable and there are personal things within the band and Lindsey’s world.

“All I can say is really openly is that Lindsey Buckingham and the work he has done with the band is never going to go away and we have a functioning band with the changes that we made. You know time heals and it was lovely to be able to talk with him.”

Fleetwood Mac haven’t released new music since their 2013 Extended Play collection. Stevie, meanwhile, is hitting cinemas with her 24 Karat Gold: The Concert movie, which is out later this month – followed by an accompanying live album.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone else who lives in his own world.
Haha, he is funny. But he doesn’t know.

However, I think Lindsey dictated that answer as to whether Lindsey will ever rejoin FMac......
Old 10-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Someone else who lives in his own world.
Haha, he is funny. But he doesn’t know.

However, I think Lindsey dictated that answer as to whether Lindsey will ever rejoin FMac......
lmao you obviously haven't paid attention to any of Mick's answers on Lindsey ousting in the last 2.5 years. they are all non-sensical like this. because there's no sense to the whole thing.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's face it....the reason Mick is vague is that the entire conflict rests on Stevie. It was between those two, it was brought forth by her, fueled by her when clearly attempts were made to resolve the drama.

Stevie = money, Mick is not going to go out on a limb and put Stevie on the spot by saying "it's up to her if things are ever made right again"

They spent 3 years tip toeing around Stevie during the making of Buckingham McVie, expect it to continue as the embers of this fire continue to cool off.

WTF...it's 1996 all over again.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-12-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Old 10-12-2020, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Let's face it....the reason Mick is vague is that the entire conflict rests on Stevie. It was between those two, it was brought forth by her, fueled by her when clearly attempts were made to resolve the drama.

Stevie = money and Mick is not going to go out on a limb and put Stevie on the spot and say "it's up to her if things are ever made right again"

They spent 3 years tip toeing around Stevie during the making of Buckingham McVie, expect it to continue as the embers of this fire continue to cool off.
and that is why Lindsey should never accept to go back again. because it will just be more bs and tiptoeing and time wasting.

but yes, that's why Mick is going in circles saying nothing - because there is no rhyme or rationale to what happened, just some stupid whim and decades old resentment between Stevie and Lindsey for owing each other their careers and her not being able to shake that off.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and that is why Lindsey should never accept to go back again. because it will just be more bs and tiptoeing and time wasting.

but yes, that's why Mick is going in circles saying nothing - because there is no rhyme or rationale to what happened, just some stupid whim and decades old resentment between Stevie and Lindsey for owing each other their careers and her not being able to shake that off.
Oh, I agree. I hope he leaves them on the corner. It will be nice if they can at least make ammends, but I hope he declines on further touring with them.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lmao you obviously haven't paid attention to any of Mick's answers on Lindsey ousting in the last 2.5 years. they are all non-sensical like this. because there's no sense to the whole thing.

You’re quite right, I haven’t been paying attention to much Mick says.
But this just sounded like Lindseyspeak
Old 10-12-2020, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just thought of something.

Get your poker chips together, everyone.

How long will it be before we see the Mick Fleetwood Playboy Interview: 2021 Edition.

"Truth is, there is a lot of love between Stevie and Lindsey and it's entirely up to them if this band plays together again"

AHAHAHAH I'm waiting for it...
Old 10-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder who called who? The article makes it sound like Lindsey has been calling Mick everyday and Mick finally answered. Doubt that happened. Let's not forget the lawsuit that Lindsey won. Hopefully Lindsey will never go back if for no other reason that they are all too old. The fact that Lindsey still hasn't released his album that has been finished for years is disconcerting unless he is planning on slow down to retire. No doubt that the firing and heart attack had a big psychological affect on him.

The only reason we're hearing about this now is Stevie has a project to promote and Mick is exploiting the recent viral video either for attention or money or both.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey should never go back. Again.

They treated him like a dog. F*ck them.
Old 10-12-2020, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I wonder who called who? The article makes it sound like Lindsey has been calling .
no, article doesn't say that - Mick is intentionally vague in the article.

what we do know is that Lindsey was trying repeatedly to get in touch with the bandmates in 2018. he probably mostly gave up after that, and was probably in touch on and off with John and Christine since.

and then he obviously called Mick after Peter died, to check whether he's doing ok. as a decent and caring human that Lindsey is, loving his wayward douche-baggy band family despite everything. and that time, unlike all those calls and emails in 2018, Mick answered.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think Lindsey called Mick because he is caring and compassionate. I would rather he not be the one to make the first overture.