The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-26-2019, 04:28 PM
onlynow onlynow is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 110
Default Tour dates??

Anyone know when tour dates gonna b announced??
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 01-26-2019, 08:13 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Anyone know when tour dates gonna b announced??
Waiting on the countdown.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:09 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Anyone know when tour dates gonna b announced??
no idea. hope there is a late spring tour!

meanwhile looks like fakewoods are not gonna record any new music together - shocking! and that they're gonna disband after the tour is over. apparently Campbell said something to the effect that they may not be talking to each other by the time the tour wraps up. but they are oh so happy and liberated!
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-30-2019, 08:30 AM
ryan4136 ryan4136 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 464
Default

Its possible Mike is still waiting on permission from Stevie to talk to the other members of the band.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-30-2019, 12:39 PM
luminol luminol is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no idea. hope there is a late spring tour!

meanwhile looks like fakewoods are not gonna record any new music together - shocking! and that they're gonna disband after the tour is over. apparently Campbell said something to the effect that they may not be talking to each other by the time the tour wraps up. but they are oh so happy and liberated!
Id love to read his quotes on this. Is this a recent interview by chance?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no idea. hope there is a late spring tour!

meanwhile looks like fakewoods are not gonna record any new music together - shocking! and that they're gonna disband after the tour is over. apparently Campbell said something to the effect that they may not be talking to each other by the time the tour wraps up. but they are oh so happy and liberated!
Not surprised. But Elle....do tell? Where did he say this
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2019, 06:38 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no idea. hope there is a late spring tour!

meanwhile looks like fakewoods are not gonna record any new music together - shocking! and that they're gonna disband after the tour is over. apparently Campbell said something to the effect that they may not be talking to each other by the time the tour wraps up. but they are oh so happy and liberated!
You know who I'm more sad about? NF's fans. They seem so determined to prove the band is so much happier now without Lindsey, and of course Neil is doing a better job than Lindsey used to on his own songs.

__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:01 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Id love to read his quotes on this. Is this a recent interview by chance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Not surprised. But Elle....do tell? Where did he say this
there is a link somewhere in the "new band" forum here - one of the last few threads, i think something about MC interview. it seemed relatively recent, maybe from some time in the middle of their fall tour? i didn't dig too far, just thought that was interesting statement. i paraphrased too, he probably stated it in a bit more benign way.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You know who I'm more sad about? NF's fans. They seem so determined to prove the band is so much happier now without Lindsey, and of course Neil is doing a better job than Lindsey used to on his own songs.

No no no NF are delighted about this trust me... No one genuinely ever wished he got this crappy fill in job playing covers in the first place... Finn fans just don't think it was fair he was held to blame and was hung and stoned in public over this whole mess
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there is a link somewhere in the "new band" forum here - one of the last few threads, i think something about MC interview. it seemed relatively recent, maybe from some time in the middle of their fall tour? i didn't dig too far, just thought that was interesting statement. i paraphrased too, he probably stated it in a bit more benign way.
I so hope you are right and MC said this for certain as this is the first time I think I've smiled when thinking about the band in a very loooong time
Problem is MF alluded in his interview last week on NZ radio.... That they WOULD be recording a sa new band, so who knows
It is clear that the current Finn family tour in the UK has been incredibly special and rewarding to Neil, I expect he'll want to get back to performing with his real family sooner rather than later...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:27 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I so hope you are right and MC said this for certain as this is the first time I think I've smiled when thinking about the band in a very loooong time
Problem is MF alluded in his interview last week on NZ radio.... That they WOULD be recording a sa new band, so who knows
It is clear that the current Finn family tour in the UK has been incredibly special and rewarding to Neil, I expect he'll want to get back to performing with his real family sooner rather than later...
i think that's the interview! if you read very carefully, MC says he would love for current FM to record together. or that he's hoping they might.... something like that. but nowhere does he say that they actually will or have any concrete plans. it's very similar to MF, LB and CM all talking about them wanting to and then recording together tons of times between 2009 and 2017. remember LB used to say it on stage every time at 2009 tour? that next they will go into studio and record. the tour ended and SN said by-bye! the fact that all these people want it is meaningless unless SN wants it. so Mike saying he'd love to..... and then following it up with something like "if we still talk to each other when the tour ends" i found very telling. maybe i'm just an optimist - or burned too many times between 2009 and 2016 that now i know better.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:31 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,978
Default

^ correction - you are talking about MF interview, i'm talking about MC. maybe i'm mixing 2 together. but what i said above still stands for either interview.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
^ correction - you are talking about MF interview, i'm talking about MC. maybe i'm mixing 2 together. but what i said above still stands for either interview.
Yip.... so the MC interview is the recent Guitar world one from about 2 weeks ago where he said he'd like to record 'if we're still friends then'.... So I agree, it does sound from that comment that all 'is not well' in the FM camp

MIck Fleetwood interview was on NZ radio and he said that he 'hoped' they would record and that they could make it happen...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 2,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
No no no NF are delighted about this trust me... No one genuinely ever wished he got this crappy fill in job playing covers in the first place... Finn fans just don't think it was fair he was held to blame and was hung and stoned in public over this whole mess
16 dates isn't exactly how you react when you're unhappy about something.

Many Finn fans have suddenly became FM fans and sided with Nicks. Just because DIDO sounds nice with her singing it. Please!
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-02-2019, 11:03 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,735
Default

From the Present Band forum…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Neil Finn just gave an interview on BBC Radio and he said that band members are emailing him short musical ideas and he's organizing them and starting to write songs out of some of these ideas.
Dj vu.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly
$29.95
Billy Burnette Vintage 80's Pin Pinback Badge Rockabilly picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$19.99
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 picture1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33943
$18.97
1992 Press Photo Singer Billy Burnette - hcp33943 picture1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944
$18.97
1980 Press Photo Entertainer Billy Burnette during a performance - hcp33944 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved