Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default They have under 5 weeks

All the members of Fleetwood Mac keeps insisting that they'll release their 3 new songs electronically before they hit the road on April 4th. So that is less then 5 weeks from now. Where are these songs?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Where are these songs?
In the same place as the Mirage and Tango remasters and Stevie's HBO special DVD release
Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea I realize this isn't a new thing, a delayed release. But these 3 songs are different because there is a very strict time limit to when they need to be released and still no new news.unless now instead, Stevie won't even release the few songs until she gauges fan reaction to them live. why Is she only acting so weird with fleetwood Mac material. It doesn't make sense.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yea I realize this isn't a new thing, a delayed release. But these 3 songs are different because there is a very strict time limit to when they need to be released and still no new news.unless now instead, Stevie won't even release the few songs until she gauges fan reaction to them live. why Is she only acting so weird with fleetwood Mac material. It doesn't make sense.
i'm with you! i'm inclined to start a new thread every week as the first tour date approaches titled "WHERE ARE NEW SONGS?????" or something screaming like that.

it seems less plausible that they'll release all 3 songs as the time is running short either... this is ridiculous, whatever is happening. (i hope i'm wrong, i really do.)

if this is any sign does not bode well for any deep cuts... considering we've been promised the first of these new songs was going to be released at the start of the year (it will be March this week!!!!!), and the second right before the tour starts.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm with you! i'm inclined to start a new thread every week as the first tour date approaches titled "WHERE ARE NEW SONGS?????" or something screaming like that.
Perhaps we can all shout this at the concerts, back with the people who shout "Where's Christine?!" (happily I was next to some of these people at the Glasgow show in 2009) and the people who walked out half way through because they thought it was going to be a blues show.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Peacekeeper" was released April 15, 2003, 3 weeks before SYW tour started May 7th.

I would guesstimate the new songs drop somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd week in March.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Perhaps we can all shout this at the concerts, back with the people who shout "Where's Christine?!" (happily I was next to some of these people at the Glasgow show in 2009) and the people who walked out half way through because they thought it was going to be a blues show.
oh i really hope we won't have to. i take it as a given that they will do 3 new songs, at least during first few shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
"Peacekeeper" was released April 15, 2003, 3 weeks before SYW tour started May 7th.

I would guesstimate the new songs drop somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd week in March.
thanks that helps. so wait another week. but shout and complain in the meantime

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's my belief that no one in FM is looking for a top 10 hit at all. Ok, well mb Stevie and Mick, but neither of them wrote these songs. And the WY, Stevie is probably saving it for a single, like Landslide was released after The Dance DVD was released.

I, too want to hear them before I go to the show. But, Perhaps this is a good sign that the Mac will release them later and include them on a new album, as if

Of course we all know it's not to encroach upon the "Rumours", "Landslide", and YCFT limelight right now.
This gives me very little hope that we will hear many deep cuts and the tour will be another Rumours love fest.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie just had promotion linked to Grohls documentary. Rumours is just rereleased. It's not logic to put out three songs, when the focus is on a sideproject and a rerelease that sells Pretty well. Then you wait with new work. The gigs sell good too, So there is no need for more promotion yet. We won't see anything before the last week of march, I think.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Stevie just had promotion linked to Grohls documentary. Rumours is just rereleased. It's not logic to put out three songs, when the focus is on a sideproject and a rerelease that sells Pretty well. Then you wait with new work. The gigs sell good too, So there is no need for more promotion yet. We won't see anything before the last week of march, I think.
that was all over a month ago... water under the bridge. considering all that has been going so well, all the more reason to strike the iron while it's hot, no?!

Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why not release them earlier than they are?( If they're even going to be released?) If they do that, they might get new fans who want to see them live. Which equals more $$$.

I'm shocked that Stevie agreed to let them be released online. Y'all know her and her views on modern technology. I wonder if she even has a cell phone?

Last edited by I'msoAfraid95; 02-26-2013 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: I need to learn to proofread!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wink

In a perfect world, at least one of the songs would be released next week, a month before they hit the road.

But this is Fleetwood Mac, so we won't hear any of these new songs until we see them performed live. And then only people at the beginning of the tour will hear them because Stevie will demand that they be dropped after the first few shows because of lack of audience reaction.

But that's why we love the Mac.....
Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
In a perfect world, at least one of the songs would be released next week, a month before they hit the road.

But this is Fleetwood Mac, so we won't hear any of these new songs until we see them performed live. And then only people at the beginning of the tour will hear them because Stevie will demand that they be dropped after the first few shows because of lack of audience reaction.

But that's why we love the Mac.....
Yet another reason why some of us can't stand the whole big machine crap and want back Lindsey solo.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
Why not release them earlier than they are?( If they're even going to be released?) If they do that, they might get new fans who want to see them live. Which equals more $$$.

I'm shocked that Stevie agreed to let them be released online. Y'all know her and her views on modern technology. I wonder if she even has a cell phone?
She acts all against it, but she definitely has a cell phone despite claiming she didn't for a while and she also has and loves her iPad (which is a form of a computer, just for the record, Stevie..)
Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post

[I'm shocked that Stevie agreed to let them be released online. Y'all know her and her views on modern technology. I wonder if she even has a cell phone?
Maybe she changed her mind? They are not released yet and who knows whether they ever will be the way it's been going