Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
The only way I could get excited even a little is if Christine magically appeared.

- Spike
She's laughing at FMac...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She's laughing at FMac...
I'm sure she is! Christine is the epitome of class. She knew when to make that last curtain call. Not beat that horse, that's been dead for ten+ years!

I think it's sad. I MUCH prefer to remember them in their heyday. Hell, the only one who still has any singing range, is the one who quit!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Ok a few minutes after my initial post, I'm still seriously bumming. Like, really? This must have been the "something special" Mick was referring to when talking to fans.
And if this is what Mick meant, it's even more of an insult, as if he's giving us some kind of treat. It's him that's being rewarded, not us. It's like he smacked me in the head with his wooden balls.

Michele
Old 12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

I really like the Eagles but one thing that has always ticked me off about them is that every time they go on tour the ticket prices increase allot and since they play the same set list pretty much all the time with very few rarities (Victim of Love, Sad Cafe, These Shoes, Disc Strangler etc) it does seem like a slap in the face of the fans who have been loyal to the band for so long. I also dislike the inclusion of so many solo songs from Don and Glen and Joe's solo career. I would rather hear more songs from the Eagles Catalogue.

As for Fleetwood Mac I love the band and saw them for the first time in Toronto in 2003. That show was ok but I felt like Stevie and Lindsey's vocals were subpar for most of the show. There were some exceptions (Beautiful Child, Stand Back, Eyes of The World Goodbye Baby). The backup musciains were a major distraction and annoying.

This tour in 2009 I saw them in Ottawa and was very surprised. The band was in top form and I felt that the vocals were much better. The only let down for me was GYOW as it was sung in a lower register and it didn't suit the song at all. Aside from that the show was great. They seemed to be having fun and it didn't feel forced like it did on the SYW tour.

As for the ticket prices I am expecting them to be in the 250 - 399 range. That is wayy to much money to be charging in this economy, but sadly people will pay. Everytime the Stones or Madonna go on tour at 299 - 350 per ticket the shows sell out so I don't expect this tour to be any different. They may have to book the tour in markets that can guarantee them a sell out (NYC, LA, VEGAS, etc) but I am sure that this will be successful. The only thing I wonder is if it will 40 + dates across the USA and Canada , or if it will be something similar to Tina's last tour where it was 25 shows in major markets that seemed the logical places for her to play and ensure a sell out.

I am looking at going to one show and that is all. They won't change the setlists I bet so there isn't really a need to see them over and over again.

Matt
Old 12-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! At least the Eagles put out that new album a couple years back!
The only thing that would help the pain is if Lindsey did some bartering and said he'd do this, if they got a new album. He could use the Eagles as an excuse too and say they have newer music than FM and that he'd be ashamed to go out on the road with them having only Rumours. So, maybe if he acted like this was a big compromise for him, it would give him a little leverage in his campaign to get a new album. It will look like everyone sacrificed a little -- not that making millions of dollars by agreeing to this is a sacrifice for any of them, but Lindsey could pretend like it is, just to manipulate his bandmates a bit.

If we get a new album, then I'll stop sobbing.

Michele
Old 12-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
Do FM fans think that their set will be anything more than the Greatest Hits as well?
Our set is the greatest hits. In fact, they perform the biggest of the greatest hits twice during the night. So, on a double bill, we'd get Dreams, Go Your Own Way and two versions of Don't Stop.

Plus some sort of Heartache Tonight duet with both bands, featuring a drum off between Don and Mick.

Michele
Old 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Our set is the greatest hits. In fact, they perform the biggest of the greatest hits twice during the night. So, on a double bill, we'd get Dreams, Go Your Own Way and two versions of Don't Stop.

Plus some sort of Heartache Tonight duet with both bands, featuring a drum off between Don and Mick.

Michele
Well, cut me a slice of that.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Give me a break!

I am seriously disappointed!!!This better not happen. What a sell out!!!
C'mon Lindsey & Stevie! The fans want a new CD. PERIOD!! Enough of the greatest hits nostalgia. I can't believe Lindsey would be down 4 this....I mean, he caved this time to touring w/o new material out...but an EVEN BIGGER sell out!! Give me a break!!!

If this happens I will not attend, because this is not about the fans...it's about money. This will be the 1st time in 30 yrs...I have not gone to see a Stevie Nicks or FM tour!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Why? Because they quoted a glorified speculative focus group survey? Show some discretion before making such foolish assumptions.
Wow, Your a dickhead. Now I realized why I stopped posting here.

Just posting what I saw

Last edited by 77Rumours77; 12-15-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
If this happens I will not attend, because this is not about the fans...it's about money.
The two terms ("fans" & "money") are synonyms.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Kill me now. Just kill me now. I don't even have the energy for this.

Michele
Michele, as usual, your post says it all.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
As for the ticket prices I am expecting them to be in the 250 - 399 range. That is wayy to much money to be charging in this economy, but sadly people will pay. Everytime the Stones or Madonna go on tour at 299 - 350 per ticket the shows sell out so I don't expect this tour to be any different. They may have to book the tour in markets that can guarantee them a sell out (NYC, LA, VEGAS, etc) but I am sure that this will be successful. The only thing I wonder is if it will 40 + dates across the USA and Canada , or if it will be something similar to Tina's last tour where it was 25 shows in major markets that seemed the logical places for her to play and ensure a sell out.
Re:Madonna.. her last few tours have been propped up by amateur scalpers- most of whom took a bath and ended up practically giving the tickets away. All indications point to this Eagles/FM tour being the same way- there's no sense paying full face value to a stadium show unless you're in the first 10 rows.

I honestly don't know how they're going to pull off arena dates and make them appealing to Eagles. I used Streisand/'05 as a price point example earlier- perhaps a better example is what Simon & Garfunkel did in '03/'04 (top ticket was $350 in most markets- about 30% of the house). Although can anyone really suggest/expect Eagles/FM to be as big of a draw as that S&G reunion tour?

As for stadiums, there will be cheaper tickets available- probably as low as $40-$50 (not that you'll be able to hear/see much from those seats) The best 18-20K seats for a stadium show will probably cost, on average, $250.

I'm just as incredulous as anyone that we're talking about this as if its a real possibility. Its no secret that The Little Emperor has been dreaming of this tour for a long time... and now that he finally runs just about everything & everyone, I think we're going to see more and more of these big tours. Van Halen w/DLR was just the tip of the iceberg... a full fledged GN'R reunion is probably in the cards, too. All during the ****tiest economy in 30+ years.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
David--

I've seen Fleetwood Mac one time. It was okay. I enjoyed LB's guitar playing. Granted, my seats sucked, but I wouldn't rank the show as one of my favorites.

I don't think the animosity is toward FM per se...but toward the fact that the bill will be split. Over the last few years, the Eagles setlist has become a "greatest hits" collection with the new songs slowly being removed from the setlist and even the acoustic set (with some of the standout performances of the evening) being cut for time.

Having to share the bill with anyone will create even more cuts and reduce the chance of anything interesting happening.

Do FM fans think that their set will be anything more than the Greatest Hits as well?
I would say it will probably be the same for both sides. I must admit the more I think about this idea, the more interesting it is, to me at least.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok lets take a look at the facts. Now I will fully admit that the Eagles are a bigger draw than Fleetwood Mac. However, and I dont have the facts in front of me, is you take Geratest hits 1 out of the equation and just compare sales of the actual studio albums side to side, If memory serves me right, the sales are very comparable if not almost even. Maybe someone could post the sales totals? I would be very interested to see that.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Ok lets take a look at the facts. Now I will fully admit that the Eagles are a bigger draw than Fleetwood Mac. However, and I dont have the facts in front of me, is you take Geratest hits 1 out of the equation and just compare sales of the actual studio albums side to side, If memory serves me right, the sales are very comparable if not almost even. Maybe someone could post the sales totals? I would be very interested to see that.
Thumbnail sketch... as far as the US goes, Eagles have been certified for 100M units (albums)- Fleetwood Mac, less than half that (48.5). (Source- http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumd...able=tblTopArt)

Eagles Greatest Hits (biggest selling album in US history) is currently at 29M. So, minus that from 100... and its still Eagles 71, FM 48.5.

When you minus FM's Greatest Hits, AKA Rumours (ba-dum-bum-ching), which certs' at 19, FM's certified total goes down to 29.5.

Granted, this is all pretty general and not perfect analysis... but when you combine these basic facts with the fact that Eagles still have all the principals of their heyday in their touring band along with the fact that they are WAY more successful of a touring act than FM, I don't know how anyone could make an argument that Fleetwood Mac (2010 version) is anywhere even close to being on par with the Eagles in terms of power/success.