User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So let me get this straight... People are going to pay $250-$500 bucks to beef up their retirement funds, only to hear songs that have been played over and over on the radio for the last 30 years...

Add the fact that the vocals are anything but on point, and the acts are just so tired...

I don't get it...

I'd much rather see Lindsey or Stevie or Mick create solo works and tour on that creativity rather than the classic rock cash grab...

Produce something already!!!
JB, you're missing the point, it's the must-see rock event for classic/soft-rock fans of all time.. or something.

This becomes more like a bad joke every time I hear it. It's like all the Tiger Woods jokes going around, but I *like* FM. Well, I like Eagles, but I don't want to see the 2 paired, EVER, and I can't imagine sitting for 4 hours. The 2.5 hour Unleashed concert almost nummified my butt (and killed my vocal chords).

- Spike
Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
JB, you're missing the point, it's the must-see rock event for classic/soft-rock fans of all time...or something.
yeah, the "or something" pretty much covers it
Old 12-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
I tried getting confirmation on this yesterday and apparently nothing has been officially decided yet, although it does seem to be a real possibility. Apparently, they're waiting on Stevie to make up her mind about it.

I don't feel real good about this either. I love The Eagles, though not as much as Fleetwood Mac, and I'd love to see them in concert, but NOT together. It's like--if you're an Eagles fan, you want to go to an Eagles concert and see 2 hours of the Eagles. If you're a Mac fan, you want to go to a concert and see 2 hours of the Mac...but when you combine the two, for me, I'm gonna feel cheated out of Mac time. However, I'm going to this show if it happens, haha, I'll just be angry. But I guess we should be really lucky that our favorite band is still performing, you know? They're great and could go on for years, but the reality is, they are getting older, and the mere fact that they're still rocking, whether it be solo or with the Eagles, is great.

I also think some really interesting things could come out of this show if it happens. Like--a lot of us haven't been able to see Stevie solo, especially performing with Don Henley, and I'm thinking a tour like this could open a lot of opportunity as far as the variety that we may see. I don't like that they are playing stupid arena's and stadiums, but it may just be okay. I'm liking that they may tour again instead of just chilling at home.

K--I said my 2 cents.
I've seen don solo, on the 2 voices tour with stevie and he was horrible, much better with the whole group. Stevie of course is fabulousity anywhere, with anyone.....I just don't see how the logistics of this is going to work out especially the prices...we're in a recession, people cannot and should not have to pay hundreds of $$ to see these bands or any band. They need to take a cue from U2 and others and keep the prices down but I fear we will be 'lining' their pockets again....
Old 12-21-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
JB, you're missing the point, it's the must-see rock event for classic/soft-rock fans of all time.. or something.

This becomes more like a bad joke every time I hear it. It's like all the Tiger Woods jokes going around, but I *like* FM. Well, I like Eagles, but I don't want to see the 2 paired, EVER, and I can't imagine sitting for 4 hours. The 2.5 hour Unleashed concert almost nummified my butt (and killed my vocal chords).

- Spike
LOL... or something is right Gypsy... Spikey if it was 1983 and they did this... sure I could understand... but now... the quality of their skills at those prices and same songs over and over... I just don't get it..
Old 12-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

U2 is charging more than Fleetwood Mac was. The top U2 ticket is $250 and that's not including Red Zone Auctions.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
U2 is charging more than Fleetwood Mac was. The top U2 ticket is $250 and that's not including Red Zone Auctions.
Yeah, I was getting ready to say- I thought they WERE more expensive!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Yeah, I was getting ready to say- I thought they WERE more expensive!
I think they need to take a cue from Springsteen and have General Admission standing for the entire floor. I'm not sure I'm remembering this right, but I thought those tixs were cheaper then the seats in the first few levels (probably not the nosebleeds though).
Old 12-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
I love both groups, but I am way more a fan of FM.
I have a few of concerns:
1. Tickets will be about $500 a piece for bad seats
Kaching!

Quote:
2. How will these two major hit-making bands get along?
Just fine, I'd bet.

Quote:
3. Will Stevie feel awkward with all these ex-lovers under one roof?
She has performed with all these ex-lovers under one roof several times before. It was amusing to some of us in the audience, but it didn't seem to be any sort of problem onstage.

Quote:
4. Will said awkwardness be too much for her, resulting in her quitting half way through? (although she's never been a quitter before)
I don't think Stevie Nicks is someone to quit a tour halfway through unless she gets hit by a truck. Besides, these are bands that are both known for their isolationism on the road. If they choose, they can avoid one another entirely, very easily.

Quote:
5. Will the die hard fan base of each band be able to blend, or will it be like a sporting event in every venue. (I'm picture bare chested men with Eagles/Penguins painted on their torsos..lol)
I think the Eagles fans will be obnoxious, & the Fleetwood Mac fans will be polite & gracious.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Eagles fans obnoxious? No, not at all. FM / Stevie fans......we did not have good experiences with them on the Two Voices tour.

Don was boring with Stevie? No, he wasn't. He doesn't jump around on stage, if that's what you were expecting. He stands there and sings.....and he does that very, very well.

Just sayin'............

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

the Fleetwood Mac fans will be polite & gracious.
Is this your first day at the rodeo, David?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

She has performed with all these ex-lovers under one roof several times.
I think this quote deserves it's own thread.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
Eagles fans obnoxious? No, not at all. FM / Stevie fans......we did not have good experiences with them on the Two Voices tour.

Just sayin'............

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
I think David was just kidding

Anyway, I am anxious to see how this all works out. I'm not even sure if I believe this will really happen. Perhaps if it does happen, they will spend the time between now and then making plans for a new album. As for the tour, who knows, maybe the Eagles fans will have a new appreciation for FM after this. They really do put on a good show.

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 12-21-2009 at 10:17 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David

She has performed with all these ex-lovers under one roof several times.
I think this quote deserves it's own thread.
ROFLOL!!!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Springsteen standing is $95 face value. It's more expensive in markets like NYC ($102.50) and sometimes cheaper in rural areas ($89).

His shows are incredible, if you catch him on a good night. Some nights he can get preachy, other nights he just rocks for three hours and fifteen minutes.

Did anyone hear that the tour with the Eagles starts in July?

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 12-21-2009 at 10:22 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say I disagree about the Mac being the manifest opener. I saw The Eagles a couple of times on the Long Road Out of Eden Tour and I definitely think the Unleashed Tour was a better show. Lindsey is drenched with sweat at every show as well as Mick.

Everyone castigates Stevie but remember as Lisa said, Don stands there and sings. Stevie dances and sings. Only Glenn and Joe really know how to rock in The Eagles and at most Eagles concerts, the crowd sits for the whole time.

The crowd would love to get back on their feet when the Mac comes on and let loose. I do believe that they should switch spots so there is no definitive opener and closer.