The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At the end of the day, I'd still die to know what Christine REALLY thinks of this entire situation.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I suspect she feels duped.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
That sounds like a very bad Karaoke version of Gypsy and the solo is the least of it's problems. What the hell is Stevie doing to that song here? And why is it so slow and why does it sound so distorted? While I KNEW that I would see a clip of Gypsy when I klicked on the link, I basically recognized the song based on the lyrics. Vaguely.
I haven’t heard much of this tour at all...BUT...
Stevie sounds like a Pub singer, and a bad pub singer at that..
Old 02-07-2019, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I haven’t heard much of this tour at all...BUT...
Stevie sounds like a Pub singer, and a bad pub singer at that..
The lack of publicity for what is potentially a “farewell” tour is shocking
Old 02-08-2019, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The lack of publicity for what is potentially a “farewell” tour is shocking
Why waste the time, money, and energy on publicity when the shows have been close to sell outs?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2019, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why waste the time, money, and energy on publicity when the shows have been close to sell outs?
On With the Show was close to sell out too. They publicized that. Before you say the return of Christine was the reason for that, I will say if this is their farewell tour, it's just as newsworthy, or should be under normal circumstances. And also--The Legacy of a Great Band---why would you not publicize the history, all of it.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
if this is their farewell tour
They haven’t said it’s their farewell tour. Mick shot that down a couple of years ago. I realize it’s optimistic/naive to think it can go on much longer, but they’re not on that page, yet.

Quote:
And also--The Legacy of a Great Band---why would you not publicize the history, all of it.
I agree with this. It would be nice for them to promote the new retrospective and tie it into the tour. I suspect legal has been keeping them away from the press.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They haven’t said it’s their farewell tour. Mick shot that down a couple of years ago. I realize it’s optimistic/naive to think it can go on much longer, but they’re not on that page, yet.

I agree with this. It would be nice for them to promote the new retrospective and tie it into the tour. I suspect legal has been keeping them away from the press.
Would hope post the settlement they could all speak. Makes me wonder what else is out there, potentially, we don't know about.

Youngest guy in the Rumours 5 just had open heart surgery. They've all got one foot on a banana peel at this point. I can't imagine (but am always surprised by this crew) they can do much more together after this. Particularly if Stevie (and I am not saying this to insight fury in the masses) holds them to the 3 year break between tours.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Either she will ignore LB's illness or she will make it ALL about HER.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Supposedly the band has known about it for a few days but waited to comment until the family released a statement. No wonder Stevie was extra animated on thursday. Dancing around and way over the top happy. That's what I heard and it's really gross.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Supposedly the band has known about it for a few days but waited to comment until the family released a statement. No wonder Stevie was extra animated on thursday. Dancing around and way over the top happy. That's what I heard and it's really gross.
It's a job !!! People come over to have a great time .. you just have to perform ... it has NOTHING to do with being happy about this situation ... I'm pretty sure she isn't ... all other thoughts are just in your head ... seek help !!!

Back in 2013 I was at the last show in Amsterdam before they had to cancel the Aussie-tour due to John's illness ... minutes before the show I read the news on the internet on my phone ... and they knew it as well ... they just delivered a great show ... it's wat they do for a living ...
Old 02-10-2019, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This numerical list is interesting for another reason: Stevie's two highest-charting solo songs weren't written by her (Stop Dragging and Talk to Me). Two others are co-writing credits (If Anyone Falls and I Can't Wait), Leather and Lace has Don Henley's stamp, even though he isn't credited, and Seventeen is of course the signature sixteenth notes—Wachtel's idea. Her highest-charting single off Shangri-La was written by other people (although her excellent Planets was a big hit in the clubs). Her highest-charting single off Street Angel was written by other people. Her highest-charting single off Timespace was written by other people.
None of whom were Lindsey Buckingham.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
None of whom were Lindsey Buckingham.
I forgot what we were discussing. I'm currently fighting with FB friends over the liberal bias on CNN.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac is playing in DC tonight, and it's harder than I thought it would be sitting this tour out. I have no interest in giving them my money after what they pulled, but after being a fan for so long, it's hard for me to reconcile the fact that "my band" is playing here and I'm willfully sitting it out.

Still, I love watching for ticket drops on TicketMaster, and there have been lots today. The side section next to Christine opened up entirely this morning. Front half for $150, the upper half for $100. She would be the only person I'd be going to see, so it was tempting. And of course, in typical FM fashion, the entire back row of the front floor section opened up as well ($200). The fact they're charging more for a Lindsey-less band is truly galling.

Anyway, use this post as a half-lament, half-PSA on decent tickets for tonight's show!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Fleetwood Mac is playing in DC tonight, and it's harder than I thought it would be sitting this tour out. I have no interest in giving them my money after what they pulled, but after being a fan for so long, it's hard for me to reconcile the fact that "my band" is playing here and I'm willfully sitting it out.

Still, I love watching for ticket drops on TicketMaster, and there have been lots today. The side section next to Christine opened up entirely this morning. Front half for $150, the upper half for $100. She would be the only person I'd be going to see, so it was tempting. And of course, in typical FM fashion, the entire back row of the front floor section opened up as well ($200). The fact they're charging more for a Lindsey-less band is truly galling.

Anyway, use this post as a half-lament, half-PSA on decent tickets for tonight's show!
i bought those side tix next to Chris on drops day of on Fleetwood Mac's final tour back in 2015. they were $50 more than they are now, interestingly. actually, the section that dropped today was all sold out back in 2015, it was that section further towards the side (the one that starts at row F or something like that) that dropped the day of the show in 2015. those tix haven't dropped yet today and i suspect they probably won't even be on sale since these currently available won't sell. i would have bought these side stage tix on a drop today if LB was still with the band.

needless to say - of course i'm sitting out. i wouldn't go even if someone got me in for free. his heart attack makes it even worse.

i last saw Chris up close and personal 10+ times on BuckVie tour in 2017, i'm good. if she gets together with Lindsey again - IF he ever tours again - then i'll get to see her again.

i hope DC reviewers will have the integrity like the several recent ones had (not sure why those very balanced critical reviews are not posted in this forum) to actually review the show and not just paste the text provided by the band publicists.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"