Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It doesn't really matter what song he wanted. The fact is he behaved badly enough to be fired. It doesn't change anything. Also I'm not really interested in wading through 8000 posts, the majority of which contain some nasty comment about the other band memebers or me or other posters who don't toe the party line to figure out what a bunch Lindsey fans speculate he might have wanted to play.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Actually after watching the full landslide start to finish, I vastly prefer the vocals of Landslide in the beginning where Stevie is lost and can’t find the key. Her just singing spontaneously is so much better then whatever she considers
To be her “polished, never had a bad night vocally since her vocal coach” voice!
OMG, I totally agree with you! I just watched this full video now and wish she would sing like that more often. So freaking good!
Old 11-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It doesn't really matter what song he wanted. The fact is he behaved badly enough to be fired. It doesn't change anything. Also I'm not really interested in wading through 8000 posts, the majority of which contain some nasty comment about the other band memebers or me or other posters who don't toe the party line to figure out what a bunch Lindsey fans speculate he might have wanted to play.
How about "It doesn't really matter what song he wanted. The fact is SHE behaved badly AND IMMATURELY and fired him. Blah, blah, blah.......
Old 11-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Criminal??

I'm sure the same standard applies in civil court.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
How about "It doesn't really matter what song he wanted. The fact is SHE behaved badly AND IMMATURELY and fired him. Blah, blah, blah.......
I think that point of view has been documented here in every single forum ad nauseum.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Photos: Rock Legends Fleetwood Mac Play Hits In San Jose
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/ph...s-in-san-jose/
Old 11-26-2018, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that point of view has been documented here in every single forum ad nauseum.
doesn't make it any less valid.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Doesn't matter to who? You?

He behaved badly enough to be fired? You know this for a fact? If so please cite your documentation, not opinion.

You may not be interested in wading through other people's opinions, but you sure seem confident everyone else is interested in wading though endless comments on what a sycophantic Stevie fan has to speculate on what happened.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what it's been called since the inception of language - all of them.
Not in Spanish, in case that's what you're trying to tell me. It wouldn't be the first time you're doing this.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Doesn't matter to who? You?

He behaved badly enough to be fired? You know this for a fact? If so please cite your documentation, not opinion.

You may not be interested in wading through other people's opinions, but you sure seem confident everyone else is interested in wading though endless comments on what a sycophantic Stevie fan has to speculate on what happened.
Opinions. That's all you will read from this particular poster.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

REVIEW: Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn live in California

Fleetwood Mac with its new lineup, which includes our very own Neil Finn, is halfway through a 52-date US tour. RNZ Music’s Melody Thomas (and her US-based ex-pat mum and sister) were lucky enough to see them perform in San Jose, California.

No captionPhoto: 2018 Getty Images
Fleetwood Mac walked onstage to the deafening roar of a crowd who were incredibly excited to be there.

Over two hours and a whopping 22 songs; men grooved and played air guitar; women waved arms draped in fringe and chiffon; and the smell of pot (legal here) filled the air.

Through it all Stevie Nicks led the charge, her voice instantly identifiable and still going strong at - yes I did google it during the show - 70 years old.

And right by Stevie’s side, there was our Neil, looking every bit a part of the furniture.

Somewhere near the front were me, my big sister and my Mum, reunited for the first time in ages. All around us were groups the same as us: parents who’d loved Fleetwood Mac since they were teenagers, joined by the kids they’d forced their music on, who’d grown up to realise the songs were part of their DNA.

A friend once asked if I liked Fleetwood Mac. “I don’t really know them,” I said. She put on Rumours and within a minute I realised I knew every single song and almost every lyric.

Melody Thomas (right), her sister and mumMelody Thomas (right), her sister and mum Photo: Melody Thomas
Even now when I hear ‘Dreams’, I feel the warm glow of childhood, before divorce and puberty and the dispersal of our family to different continents. Look up the Youtube video for ‘Dreams’ and the top comment reads, “This song brings back memories I never had.” Me too - and they all include my Mum.

Like any long-term expat, Mum was absolutely beside herself with pride at seeing our Neil on stage. Every time there was a lull in applause she took the opportunity to yell “Go kiwi!” or “Kia ora Neil!”

While faintly mortifying, I didn’t really care: hearing the soundtrack to your childhood performed live is special enough, add Neil Finn’s voice - so familiar it feels like home - and it’s all a bit overwhelming.

Neil Finn performing with the Auckland Philhamonia Orchestra in MarchNeil Finn performing with the Auckland Philhamonia Orchestra in March Photo: Ivan Karczewski
Despite the band’s original guitarist Lindsey Buckingham being missed by many, some of the best moments of the night belonged to Neil.

One was Neil and Stevie performing ‘Don’t Dream It’s Over’, which Stevie called “one of the top five songs ever written”, as the crowd sang along and waved their lit-up phones.

Another was during a beautiful rendition of ‘Landslide’, when Stevie lost the key and Neil crossed the stage to sing her own song quietly in her ear, guiding her back to the right place.

While Stevie apologised for the mistake, reassuring the crowd that it’d never happened before, for us it was one of the nicest moments. Fleetwood Mac is such a well-oiled machine, each part and player so well rehearsed, that flashes of vulnerability are incredibly moving.

Other honourable mentions include a 10-minute drum solo from Mick Fleetwood that some have called self-indulgent, but which a friend pointed out was likely an opportunity for the rest of the band to take a quick breather... and an entertaining one at that.

Another was the recently recruited guitarist Mike Campbell (of Tom Petty fame) continuously lighting up old classics with his energetic playing, including a cover of ‘Free Falling’, which the band performed as old photographs of Tom and Stevie played onscreen and the crowd intermittently cried and swooned.

Christine McVie reminded us all what a great songwriter she is with songs like ‘Little Lies’, ‘Don’t Stop’ and ‘You Make Loving Fun’ (a song inspired by an affair with the band’s lighting designer, while Christine was still married to bassist John McVie, which - to this day - is still performed with John on stage).

The final song of the night was a duet of ‘All Over Again’ performed by just Stevie and Christine, the two women who - despite all the break-ups, rumours and excesses - have never failed to be there for each other.

As the band took their final bow to roaring applause, Mick stepped forward and delivered a final message into the mic: “Take care of yourselves. In this strange, strange world we seem to be living in, remember to be so very kind to each other. We love you.”

The applause that follows is unanimous: We love you too.

Who: Fleetwood Mac with their new lineup, which includes Neil Finn

What: Date 22 of their 52-date US tour

Where: SAP Centre, San Jose, CA

When: Wednesday, November 21 (local time)
https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/p...-in-california
Old 11-27-2018, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
REVIEW: Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn live in California
It's not my intention to be trolling here for trolling's sake, but let me just say (as someone who definitely knew of Neil Finn before he joined this tour), the branding "Fleetwood Mac with Neil Finn" from this article title is far more appropriate, honest, and befitting of their respective legacies than the current branding of "An Evening with Fleetwood Mac". (Obviously in that case they would need to add more of his songs in, rather than remove them like they're currently doing.)
Fleetwood Mac featuring Billy Burnette as Lindsey Buckingham? Fine.
But Fleetwood Mac featuring Neil Finn as Lindsey Buckingham? It's a strange conceit that I still can't get used to, and other than Sugar Mouse I wonder what the many Neil Finn fans around the world really think about it.

Quote:
"In this strange, strange world we seem to be living in, remember to be so very kind to each other."
No words.