The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Ledgie

Default Older Mac songs played after Buckingham and Nicks joined?

Hey there everybody. I've been a lurker on this site for a bit, and I've finally decided to join. I hope to learn a bit with you guys and gals on here, as you all seem quite knowledgeable.

I saw there was a thread a long time ago about this, but I wanted to see exactly which songs the group played from their earlier works once Lindsey and Stevie joined. Here are the ones I know for sure...

"Oh Well"
"Jumping at Shadows"
"The Green Manalishi"
"Station Man"
"Tell Me All The Things You Do"
"Sunny Side of Heaven"
"Spare Me A Little Of Your Love"
"Believe Me"
"Hypnotized"
"Why"

Is that it? Did they ever play the other big Welch number, "Sentimental Lady"? I've also heard that they played "Child Of Mine", "Just Crazy Love" and "Prove Your Love" but I've seen nothing to confirm those either. Anyways, does anybody have anything to add (or subtract)?

Last edited by sweetdudejim; 04-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Edited to add songs that they for sure *did* play!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdudejim View Post
Hey there everybody. I've been a lurker on this site for a bit, and I've finally decided to join. I hope to learn a bit with you guys and gals on here, as you all seem quite knowledgeable.

I saw there was a thread a long time ago about this, but I wanted to see exactly which songs the group played from their earlier works once Lindsey and Stevie joined. Here are the ones I know for sure...

"Oh Well"
"The Green Manalishi"
"Station Man"
"Tell Me All The Things You Do"
"Spare Me A Little Of Your Love"
"Believe Me"
"Hypnotized"
"Why"

Is that it? I've heard rumors that they've played "Sunny Side of Heaven" but I have never heard it? Is it out there on a bootleg?
Yes.

Quote:
Did they ever play the other big Welch number, "Sentimental Lady"? I've also heard that they played Child Of Mine", "Just Crazy Love" and "Prove Your Love" but I've seen nothing to confirm those either. Anyways, does anybody have anything to add (or subtract)?
They also did "Jumping At Shadows" (which, in 1975, was an amazing obscure reference, as the Boston Tea Party recordings weren't commercially released until 1984, and that's the first time it was ever commercially available by Fleetwood Mac). As for the rest on that list, I've only heard about "Child Of Mine," but haven't heard it.

While not a Fleetwood Mac song, "Get Like You Used To Be" from Christine's Chicken Shack days was also in the set.

Of course, if you count the Burnette-Vito years, you can add "I Loved Another Woman," "Rattlesnake Shake," and "Stop Messin' Round" to the list.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Ledgie

Is there anywhere to hear this version of "Sunny Side of Heaven"? And is there any info on when it was played? The tour for the white album or Rumours? I gotta say it seems that Lindsey likely seems to have an affinity for Danny Kirwans' Fleetwood Mac material.

Also, how about "Jumping at Shadows"? Where is that available? That does seem like an incredibly weird choice, but it was probably just something they hadn't performed in a while that they realized was great, so they threw it in the set one day.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Both Sunny Side of Heaven and Jumping at Shadows were done (at least) at South Orange, NJ October 13, 1975.

Jumping at Shadows

Sunny Side of Heaven

Last edited by bangdrum; 04-20-2012 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: labels!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdudejim View Post
Is there anywhere to hear this version of "Sunny Side of Heaven"? And is there any info on when it was played? The tour for the white album or Rumours?
In addition to the audio files from '75, the band rehearsed "Sunny Side" for the Rumours tour. It's on the tour rehearsal tapes.

Quote:
Also, how about "Jumping at Shadows"? Where is that available? That does seem like an incredibly weird choice, but it was probably just something they hadn't performed in a while that they realized was great, so they threw it in the set one day.
I think it was a favorite of Christine's. When they had technical problems in the set--even as late as 1980--she'd pickle around with it, often joined by John & Mick.

By the way, where on earth did that San Diego Aug. 31, 1975, ascription come from? I thought it was South Orange, New Jersey. Did somebody just see a photo of the band at Balboa Stadium in 1975 and attach that to the song?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
By the way, where on earth did that San Diego Aug. 31, 1975, ascription come from? I thought it was South Orange, New Jersey. Did somebody just see a photo of the band at Balboa Stadium in 1975 and attach that to the song?
You know, I just looked at the CD of it I have (versus the downloaded show as mp3s, which is what I just uploaded), and the CD label says South Orange but the download says San Diego.

I guess it's South Orange then. October 13, right?
Old 04-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Ledgie

Actually now that I think about it, did they ever play "Tell Me All The Things You Do" before an audience? Or was it just rehearsed for the 1977 tour and never played? I think the rehearsal version of it on YouTube is great, and it'd be a shame if nobody got to hear that great song on that tour.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They played TMATTYD in Philadelphia in March 77.