The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM - tour, EP in 2012 (billboard)

http://www.billboard.com/events/flee...05350092.story

Fleetwood Mac Returning for 2012 Tour

Fleetwood Mac will definitely be touring in 2012. Just don't ask anybody for any firm details yet.

"We're so disorganized as a band, I don't know what to tell you," drummer and co-founder Mick Fleetwood tells Billboard.com with a laugh. "All we know is we're working next year. I'll get a phone call that we're going to start rehearsing -- usually in a blind panic because we leave everything (until) way too late. But we're all up for touring in the early summer of next year, I think, and once we start we're much like U2 and the (Rolling) Stones in terms of workload. We basically play until no one wants to book us anymore."

Mashup Mondays: Augustana 'Dreams' Up Fleetwood Mac
http://www.billboard.com/events/flee...05174752.story

Singer-guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who's currently on the road promoting his new solo album "Seeds We Sow," adds that, "There has been nothing, no time frame yet of any kind. We're just gonna have to wait until probably the first of the year to sit down and figure out some kind of schedule for that."

The trek, Fleetwood Mac's first since its Unleashed Tour in 2009, will follow both Buckingham's album as well as Stevie Nicks' "In Your Dreams," which came out in May and features both Buckingham and Fleetwood. Buckingham says that "there's been talk about doing another Fleetwood Mac album," but Fleetwood feels that's an unlikely scenario, at least before the tour.

"On the face of it we won't have time to make an album, which is somewhat of a shame," he notes. "But I think what we can do, and I hope it does happen, is we can get in and have fun doing two or three (songs), which is so 'now' with all the Internet stuff and people shoving out EPs and separate tracks. So that would probably be our best effort to get three or four new songs before we go out on the road, which I really hope we do."

Lindsey Buckingham on Solo Work, the Mac and 'Glee'
http://www.billboard.com/events/flee...05330702.story

Buckingham adds that he's "into whatever the group wisdom would dictate," but as Fleetwood Mac's longtime co-producer he says that he might be willing to hand over those reins for whatever recording project the group would undertake. "I think it might be interesting to get maybe an outside producer in -- not that I wouldn't be hammering on him," Buckingham says. "But still, someone who could sort of deal with the politics and the overview, I would think, would make my job a lot easier."

Even if new material doesn't transpire, however, Fleetwood and his bandmates, including bassist and co-founder John McVie, are confident they have the goods from Fleetwood Mac's 44-year recording catalog to keep people coming out for the shows.

"The (Unleashed) tour was the only tour we've done, ever, where we didn't have a new album," Fleetwood says. "So we actually had a ball really delving into our portfolio of songs and pulled out a few songs that weren't necessarily super, super well-known, and to us they felt like new songs. We got refreshed in terms of the way we present our music, and (the fans) loved it. We are blessed with having so much (music) that, in theory, we never stand a chance of being bored because even though the songs are 30 years old or more, there are so many of them that have never played on stage. That's a blessing to have."

Next year will also mark the 35th anniversary of Fleetwood Mac's landmark "Rumours" album as well, but Buckingham says there's been no discussion yet about doing something special to commemorate that. "Warner Bros. has certainly done its share of rehashing that particular album and reissuing it in various forms," he says. "I could see it as being a bit of a challenge to find another way to do it but, y'know, anything's possible. I'm open to whatever, really."

Buckingham currently has dates booked in North America and the U.K. until the end of the year and may add more for early 2012. Stevie Nicks plays three California shows in October, then heads to Australia in November. And while he waits for Fleetwood Mac to reactivate, Fleetwood is partnering with Cabo Wabo Tequila for a new music and conversation program called "Off The Record." Fleetwood and singer-songwriter Nicole Atkins filmed the first episode during August in his home base of Maui, where he's opening a new club, Fleetwood's On Front, this fall. The episode will premiere Oct. 11 on Cabo Wabo's YouTube page, with a sneak preview posting in late September.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Guess I should save up my money.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Buckingham currently has dates booked in North America and the U.K. until the end of the year and may add more for early 2012

Please don't let this be a maybe. Please let this happen and do my one show and then Fleetwood Mac can do whatever!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure how I feel about them touring again without a new album (I doubt they're able to deliver an EP in that time too)
Not that it will stop me from going, but if they're doing this they better make it really ****ing special and pull some rare songs from the catalogue or drag Christine along with them.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Sanne2; 09-13-2011 at 04:39 PM..
Old 09-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I'd really at minimum like to see them put out an EP before touring. Even if they don't I'm sure I'll be there for a few shows.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All of the press indicates, to me, that they are already BOOKED to play in 2012. Whether that means they have to play a certain number of shows or they are bound by contract. Its strange to me that Lindsey, Mick, and Stevie would all be talking about TOURING with the Mac in 2012. Everything seems so rushed. It seems to me that maybe they were given 2 years after the last tour to pull together an album and then tour 2012? I don't know, all of this sounds fishy. Why are they in such a hurry? Lindsey and Stevie could ride out their new albums well into next year; I think they would be happy to do it as well.

What really SUCKS about the Mac tour is that its going to be the same set as the last tour. They really can't and won't change much set list wise. I guess the only possibility is that Stevie is going to have to do either Angel or Sisters of the Moon.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they tour and put out a new album, since they both have gotten their solo career fix out of their systems.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love for them to do an EP, of course, but I'd see them tour anyway. I didn't see any of the 2009 shows, so it will be a new experience for me regardless. However, I would love, love, love for Stevie to do Sisters of the Moon!! I think she's aware people want to hear it again.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow thanks for the heads up.An EP.What they hold 5 tunes.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just love they way they talk about the Unleashed Tour, as if it was some wild & crazy, fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants event! It was the SYW tour with "Storms" subbing for "Beautiful Child".

Not to say I didn't love both shows I forked out $$$ for...
Old 09-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I just love they way they talk about the Unleashed Tour, as if it was some wild & crazy, fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants event! It was the SYW tour with "Storms" subbing for "Beautiful Child".

Not to say I didn't love both shows I forked out $$$ for...
Exactly my thoughts! Absent of the "newer" songs from the Say You Will album, their set list was mostly their standard fare. Are they kidding themselves? The joke is apparently on us.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know, all of this sounds fishy.
Hmmmmm......*Raising an eyebrow here* It does indeed sound rushed and, "fishy!"

It would be awesome to see a new cd or a few songs such as an EP, but unless they have already done some work and it's ready to go.....new songs just aren't gonna happen! And that leaves a possible option; they are banking on the fact their old fan base still loves them and will come no matter what.

If they added a different set list other than the old standby it might be doable! Like mentioned, do Angel or SOTM! *wishing aloud* "And please.....please....come to Raleigh or Greensboro and DON'T CANCEL this time!"

That really irritated me, got tickets to Unleashed....Greensboro, NC......then they cancelled and didn't reschedule!

Last edited by Morgana; 09-14-2011 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: add comment
Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't attend a show on the Unleashed tour, so if they go on the road next year, I'll likely go. I would love some new material, but I'm not optimistic.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'd like to say that I won't pay for another Greatest Hits re-hash, but they're counting on me to be a sucker. I just can't miss them if they're in town but I was really disappointed with the Unleashed tour. What was Unleashed about it? The ticket prices? Feh!

Would love to some new material released before a tour, but it sounds like its a done deal even though the deets are sketchy. I don't know much about the inner workings of The Mac, but sounds like somebody needs to get paid.

/cynicism
Old 09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Exactly my thoughts! Absent of the "newer" songs from the Say You Will album, their set list was mostly their standard fare. Are they kidding themselves? The joke is apparently on us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushud82 View Post
I'd like to say that I won't pay for another Greatest Hits re-hash, but they're counting on me to be a sucker. I just can't miss them if they're in town but I was really disappointed with the Unleashed tour. What was Unleashed about it? The ticket prices? Feh!

Would love to some new material released before a tour, but it sounds like its a done deal even though the deets are sketchy. I don't know much about the inner workings of The Mac, but sounds like somebody needs to get paid.

/cynicism
YUP! Another "Greatest Hits" tour with *deep cuts* thrown in... Y A W N!! Yes, I enjoyed Beautiful Child & Storms etc. However, this time if they do not at the minimum put out an EP I will be so disappointed & disillusioned in these guys! C'mon, Lindsey has been more prolific and expedient in his whole career (3 solo albums in 5 yrs!) and Stevie with IYD - there is no excuse to go in with the help of an outside producer & put together an EP of at least 4 stellar songs! I mean it's a money grab no matter what, may as well throw a few bones to the true fans of their art! Stevie has never sounded better vocally (get that on tape NOW) & I can't believe Lindsey would be down for another GH tour w/o some new material.

I'm not buying that this is exactly official. No contracts have been signed, according to Mick, and didn't Billboard through Irving Azoff publish a similar story that the Mac would be touring in 2010!? Oh, how the managers and agents just want to get their cut of the FM touring $$$!! They could care less about new material, hopefully Stevie & Lindsey will see to it differently.