The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Should we count "Hold Me" for Christine or collaboration?

If it goes to Christine, I'll be with her other 3 songs.

If it goes for collaboration, it will automatically qualify in the Favorite Mirage songs poll, along with the winner of Christine's other songs from Mirage. Keep in mind if it counts as a collaboration it will eventually battle "World Turning, "The Chain" and any other songs deemed a collaboration.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well nobody replied yet to my earlier post, but I'm thinking about counting "Hold Me" as collaboration.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it should be a collaboration. The only part Lindsey has is own vocal is "come on and" He didn't help write it.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Well nobody replied yet to my earlier post, but I'm thinking about counting "Hold Me" as collaboration.
Yes, it's not a collaboration.

Michele
Old 10-14-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Hold Me, Don't Stop, and Think About Me... are all Christine as writer.. just LB on the vocals...

World Turning, Mystified, Isn't It Midnight are penned Buckingham/McVie as the writers..
Old 10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
With that logic, she'd already written "Show Me A Smile"...why did she need to write "Songbird"?
...because she perfected it with "Songbird."

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for your input. I'll count "Hold Me" as Stevie... I mean Christine!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why so many negative comments about Love in Store? Am I going crazy here? The song is, to my way of thinking, the best tune on the album--pure pop thats drenched in all these great catchy harmonies. It's so fun and so believable. I actually feel that magic of new love every time I hear it.

Incidentally, most critics at the time thought Christine's songs were the strongest on the album.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
World Turning, Mystified, Isn't It Midnight are penned Buckingham/McVie as the writers..
As is Little Lies (along with Eddie Q). But I'm thinking those tango collaborations were mainly Christine germinations, whereas World Turning seems like both writers began from scratch and worked it out together.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's not a writer on Little Lies and not on Isn't it Midnight either. They did write Ricky together and You and I, Part II

I was surprised to read an interview where Chris said Lindsey did the Mystified lyrics and she did the music. Reverse on You and I. The Mystified words are not only feminine, but more tender than Lindsey usually is.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 10-15-2010 at 10:10 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Only Over You: The only song of hers I truly despise. (Well, that and One More Night). The moment she begins with, "I'm out of my mind," I hit the skip button, wrote GypsySorcerer.

Haha- reminds me of a funny thread a year or more ago- so many of us seemed to have cringed at Christine's 'I'm out of my mind' reading- and thought we were the only ones, and there were tons of us. The Ledge sure can make ya feel less lonely!
What is it about Christine singing that line? The inflection, I think, the sort of fluttery falsetto (or is it?), it's kind of like chalk on a blackboard! Somehow, from Christine it doesn't 'ring true' at all--
I'd totally believe Stevie singing 'I'm out of my mind'--
Christine's persona just seemed too 'cool, calm and collected' emotionally, or too stable, to pull that song off.
I think Miss Rock A Little with her Wild Heart would've been spellbinding on the vocal ...."People say I'm crazy..." Of course, they did!
I think it's a case of Christine having written a song that would have been great had Stevie sung it! (I'm out of my mind, well, baby, and its only, you know, over-over you- I'm still out of my mind, baby, well, well well, still I am out...of my mind, baby, and it's only over you!)

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-15-2010 at 11:03 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Only Over You:
Haha- reminds me of a funny thread a year or more ago- so many of us seemed to have cringed at Christine's 'I'm out of my mind' reading- and thought we were the only ones, and there were tons of us. The Ledge sure can make ya feel less lonely!

I think it's a case of Christine having written a song that would have been great had Stevie sung it! (I'm out of my mind, well, baby, and its only, you know, over-over you- I'm still out of my mind, baby, well, well well, still I am out...of my mind, baby, and it's only over you!
ROTFL! I knew you wouldn't stay away for long. The "house on top 'o me" one has returned also.

Last edited by vivfox; 10-15-2010 at 11:19 PM..
Old 10-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey's not a writer on Little Lies and not on Isn't it Midnight either. They did write Ricky together and You and I, Part II

I was surprised to read an interview where Chris said Lindsey did the Mystified lyrics and she did the music. Reverse on You and I. The Mystified words are not only feminine, but more tender than Lindsey usually is.

Michele
You're right about Little Lies. That's Just Christine and Eddie. But if you look at the songwriting credits on Tango it says the music for Isn't It Midnight was written by Christine, Eddie, and Lindsey, with lyrics by Christine.

I am interested in what Christine or Lindsey said about lyric/music credits on Mystified and You and I. The credits for neither of those songs makes distinction as to who did what in the collaboration, whereas such distinctions are made on Isn't it Midnight. Such distinctions are also made on Seven Wonders and Family Man. Strange, indeed.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 10-16-2010 at 12:35 AM..
Old 10-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
You're right about Little Lies. That's Just Christine and Eddie. But if you look at the songwriting credits on Tango it says the music for Isn't It Midnight was written by Christine, Eddie, and Lindsey, with lyrics by Christine.
Oh yes, I see that you're correct on those credits.

Michele
Old 10-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Love In Store- I really like this song actually. However, I think Stevie does it better. I actually wish they would have pulled it out during Unleashed.

Hold Me- Christ, I never knew so many people loved this song. Don't get me wrong, I like it, it's catchy, and I usually listen to it if it happens to pop up, but it has never been one of my favorites. I can't say that I ever intentionally play hold me unless I am in some weird ass mood.

Wish You Were Here- I simply CANNOT listen to this song and not think of Silver Springs. But it's alright.

Only Over You- Such a bummer to have this song come after Gypsy. Gypsy is fun and amazing and then this comes along and is just bleh.

I have to say, I think Christine's songs on Tusk are far superior to her songs on Mirage and her songs on Tango take the cake.