Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
You're missing the point.

Since so many wanted to state that Stevie is the biggest draw to Mac shows, I compared attendance to her solo shows and the current Mac shows. If she was such a big draw, her solo shows would be sold-out and she'd make more than $14 million. If she was such a big draw, she would headline some arenas. If she was such a big draw, her ticket sales wouldn't lag, even when good seats are under $70.

And Lindsey didn't just tour as an opening act for Tina, he did that after his tour across the US in intimate venues.

how come he played intimate venues and not arenas?
Old 03-20-2004, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
But what year was OOTC? 92? i'll bet timespace was a more successful tour and that is regarded as her worst timeperiod in the business.
You're hell bent on proving that Stevie is the big draw, but it can't be done, my friend.

You can't compare clubs that seat 850-1,000 people to an ampitheatre that seats 10,000-20,000. But if you want to, Lindsey sold out many, many shows and Stevie didn't sell out one on the Timespace tour.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
Probably because he hadn't been involved in the music scene for many years and couldn't secure enough money to play arenas.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
because he wouldn't be able to fill the first ten rows of an arena is my guess.

Seriously though, Lindsey Buckingham is not exactly a household name. Stevie Nicks is. So Stevie can play at amps and arenas, not that lindsey is any less of a musician- just not as commercial as the queen of rock and roll, stevie nicks!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
Lindsey's got more of a cult following. But people don't realise that if they say they're a fan of Stevie (in FM), they don't realise that they're actually a fan of Stevie and Lindsey, seeing he made most of the songs what they are.
that may be true that he made the songs what they are, but unfortunately, people who are just fans, dont really look at it that way so when they say im a stevie fan, i think they mean im a stevie fan...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
because he wouldn't be able to fill the first ten rows of an arena is my guess.

Seriously though, Lindsey Buckingham is not exactly a household name. Stevie Nicks is. So Stevie can play at amps and arenas, not that lindsey is any less of a musician- just not as commercial as the queen of rock and roll, stevie nicks!
Stevie couldn't fill the first ten rows of an ampitheatre based on tour data.

That's where you're wrong; Stevie can't fill arenas, even during the Timespace tour or other tours after that. I mean, she even played the Ohio State Fair.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You can't compare clubs that seat 850-1,000 people to an ampitheatre that seats 10,000-20,000. But if you want to, Lindsey sold out many, many shows and Stevie didn't sell out one on the Timespace tour.
Good Point.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good Point.
I'm gaining ground!!!!

Old 03-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie couldn't fill the first ten rows of an ampitheatre based on tour data.

That's where you're wrong; Stevie can't fill arenas, even during the Timespace tour or other tours after that. I mean, she even played the Ohio State Fair.
Well at least it's not like a county fair.

and do you seriously think stevie could not fill up ten rows in an arena? am i confused on how many seats that means?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well at least it's not like a county fair.

and do you seriously think stevie could not fill up ten rows in an arena? am i confused on how many seats that means?
She couldn't secure an arena because she wouldn't be able to afford it and make a profit at the end of the day.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then how come the people who shell out $125 to see her now don't shell out half that price to see her on her solo tours?

If Lindsey didn't tour with Fleetwood Mac, the tour would sell like a Stevie solo tour. In other words, it would sell ****ty.

If Stevie didn't tour with Fleetwood Mac, the tour would sell probably the same as a Stevie solo tour. In other words, it would sell ****ty.

im not denying the fact that people are paying 125 , i know their is the lindsey/stevie chemistry that is drawing people. and yes they are paying to see fleetwood mac the group, i know that, i am just stating if stevie was not involved, this tour would not be what it is, without her. in other words, if it was john mick and lindsey, i dont think tickets would be 125, or if they were 125 i dont think they would be selling.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish Stevie weren't as popular as she is. I would much rather see her at an intimate club setting, as opposed to a big concert amp.

my dream is actually that when buckinghamnicks comes out on cd that stevie and lindsey do an entirely accoustic tour in small clubs to support it. just stevie, lindsey, a guitar, and a tambo.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
im not denying the fact that people are paying 125 , i know their is the lindsey/stevie chemistry that is drawing people. and yes they are paying to see fleetwood mac the group, i know that, i am just stating if stevie was not involved, this tour would not be what it is, without her. in other words, if it was john mick and lindsey, i dont think tickets would be 125, or if they were 125 i dont think they would be selling.
And what I am saying, for the 1,098,456 time, is that if Lindsey wasn't involved, the same people wouldn't shell out $125 just to see Stevie.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wish Stevie weren't as popular as she is. I would much rather see her at an intimate club setting, as opposed to a big concert amp.

my dream is actually that when buckinghamnicks comes out on cd that stevie and lindsey do an entirely accoustic tour in small clubs to support it. just stevie, lindsey, a guitar, and a tambo.
I think the "commercial gods" would frown down upon that.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No one is turning thsi into that type of thread other than the people who said Stevie is the big draw. She isn't, Fleetwood Mac is.

Besides for some major markets, almost all of Stevie's shows were under $100. Most around $70.

And I don't quite understand the logic of Stevie tix being cheap, so nobody wants to see her vs. Mac tickets being through the roof and people are dying to see her.
they werent cheap for the time, and i thought she did well... as for group sales, the FM tickets although they may seem high to us the buyer, but if you compare them to the stones or eagles its a discount...