Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cocaine and alcohol...

I'm somewhat new here and I apologize if this has been a topic before.

I always want to know more details about the band's cocaine and alcohol use. Does anyone know of any cool stories or details about the bands' or individual members' cocaine and alcohol habits?
Old 03-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Read Mick Fleetwood's book, Carol Ann Harris' book, & Ken Caillat's book. Apparently there's mention of Stevie's usage in Ann & Nancy Wilson's book.

Stevie's 20/20 Downtown interview is one of the more graphic I've seen regarding her own drug usage.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered

Stevie Was A Cocaine Addict from 1977-1986
Christine Was A Did Cocaine from 1977-1984
John Drank From 19??-2004

Last edited by welcomechris; 03-24-2014 at 02:23 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Stevie Was A Cocaine Addict from 1977-1986
Christine Was A Cocaine Addict from 1977-1984
John Drank From 19??-2004
was Christine really a cocaine addict? She gave it up her on own and with no apparent problem.I think alcohol was more her substance of choice.You also left out Mick who snorted coke for longer than Stevie and Chris combined and drank like a fish until quite recently.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Registered

She Said It Herself She Started Around The Rumours Tour And Quit Before Her Solo Album Was Released
Old 03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
was Christine really a cocaine addict? She gave it up her on own and with no apparent problem.I think alcohol was more her substance of choice.You also left out Mick who snorted coke for longer than Stevie and Chris combined and drank like a fish until quite recently.
I don't think Christine was a cocaine addict, I know she definitely indulged with the rest of them, she might have been an alcoholic though, I did read where she quit in cocaine in 1984. In Mick's book he said they all had quit during the mid 80s, I got the impression that Stevie was the last to quit, obviously needing rehab. I wonder how it was making the Tango album without cocaine, they had been doing coke since 1976.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Read Mick Fleetwood's book, Carol Ann Harris' book, & Ken Caillat's book. Apparently there's mention of Stevie's usage in Ann & Nancy Wilson's book.

Stevie's 20/20 Downtown interview is one of the more graphic I've seen regarding her own drug usage.

I read Mick's book and I plan on reading Carol Ann's

I read an interview where Christine said her and Stevie would keep coke in little bottles on their necklaces. And I read that they rationed the coke in Heineken bottle caps during concerts, but Mick had his own rotating table to Heineken bottle caps just for him.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 03-24-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was the last to quite doing coke..he claims to have stopped in 1995..Stevie may have had him beat for amount consumed at their peak years of consumption but I am betting it was close.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm interested in their timelines as well. I know Stevie's mentioned since she went to rehab she's the only one with a documented timeline. This is the first time I've seen a timeline for Christine. I feel like Lindsey was probably around the same time, early-mid 80s (for cocaine, anyway). He said everyone was at their worst during Tango, but I feel that was really the other three, not him and Christine. It always seemed to me that they had a lesser problem than Stevie, Mick, and John.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I'm interested in their timelines as well. I know Stevie's mentioned since she went to rehab she's the only one with a documented timeline. This is the first time I've seen a timeline for Christine. I feel like Lindsey was probably around the same time, early-mid 80s (for cocaine, anyway). He said everyone was at their worst during Tango, but I feel that was really the other three, not him and Christine. It always seemed to me that they had a lesser problem than Stevie, Mick, and John.

We can gather from some of the stories that we know about that the guys used to get a little out of control when they were drunk and/or high on cocaine, are there any stories about Stevie and Christine acting inappropriately or anything?

I think Stevie, John, and Mick might have had the "problems" with drugs and alcohol and Christine and Lindsey were just doing it because it was protocol, it was their lifestyle. But who knows, Lindsey and Christine could have been bad too, and most likely, they were.