Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Members' Autobiographies

Hello! First time poster, long time lurker here.

Question- If all of the members were to write autobiographies, how would you envision them? And, if you're more creative than me, title suggestions?

Mick- I enjoyed his original autobiography, since it had a mixture of the music background mixed in with personal details, but I would hope he'd correct the "inaccuracies" from it. Obviously, the most jabs were taken at Lindsey, in part because he quit shortly before it was written. It'd be interesting to see what Mick would write with the band being fully together.

Stevie- this is the one most people would want to see for personal details, but based on how many things have changed in all of her interviews over the years, the question is, what would you be able to believe?

Lindsey- I feel his would focus much more on the musical process as opposed to having a lot of personal information.

Christine- I think hers would be the most balanced, and the one where, if personal details were shared, the one where I'd be most likely to believe it without questioning it.

John- I honestly don't know what his book would be like. Title? I'd Rather Be Sailing? Have the Cardboard Cutout Write This?

Other ideas?
Old 03-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie were to ever write one I honestly believe she'd tell the god honest truth (or at least what she truly believes is the truth) I think this is why she's been putting off so long. I don't think it'd be a matter of 'lying' I think she'd just not add a lot of things we'd want to read. With our luck she'd probably re-write absolutely everything we've already heard.

With Lindsey; why even bother. It'd probably be another "Storms" and I personally wouldn't believe a single word. It'd be a defence mechanism to him after all these years competing with Stevie's solo career and etc..

Christine... hmmm, I think it's safe to say she NEVER would. Mainly because she'd be too afraid to offend anyone or really just to create drama. To me; she seems more of a composer/ musician than a songwriter/ musician like most of the other vocal members. I just don't think she'd bother.

As for John.. you've got me on this one. He'd probably spill it all :P Lol, his I would more than likely be a lot like Mick's; more about the music and the good times than all the drama. I don't think John would take the time to conjure up a bunch of lies or hash out on someone. I respect John.

Mick's new book that's coming out in October is actually making me rather excited. I wonder what he'll include... Hopefully more of the Rumours line-up. Me being a Rumours line-up fan I skipped pretty much half the book to get to Stevie and Lindsey joining (this was before I started an interest with Chris). Hopefully new things. He did cover his entire life in that book so maybe the new one will be purely from now since then. ?? Who knows. But I seriously can't see Stevie writing one anytime soon.

Good question. I've been thinking this a lot lately actually! Welcome to the ledge
Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Hello! First time poster, long time lurker here.

Question- If all of the members were to write autobiographies, how would you envision them? And, if you're more creative than me, title suggestions?
welcome!

let's see -

Mick - we'll see soon. i liked a lot of bits from his first one.
John - don't see it ever happening.
Christine - that one might be interesting - i see it as a combination of dry humor and serious bits.
Stevie - fluffy stories of life as she sees it.
Lindsey - would probably be too serious and too technical, but who knows he does have some great song lyrics so obviously he can write. considering he's the only FM member who doesn't have personal assistant and seems to be pretty self-sufficient, i think that if Lindsey wrote a book, he would actually do it himself. but i don't see him ever writing one. he seems to be into music and movies primarily. i could sooner see him having an art exhibit or directing a movie.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the welcomes!

I really couldn't see Lindsey writing one either, but thought that I had seen in that one interview with Ken Caillat that he said the reason the band didn't want to give interviews to him was because Lindsey was going to write one. Now, I don't know how true that is, or if I'm even remembering it correctly.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Thanks for the welcomes!

I really couldn't see Lindsey writing one either, but thought that I had seen in that one interview with Ken Caillat that he said the reason the band didn't want to give interviews to him was because Lindsey was going to write one. Now, I don't know how true that is, or if I'm even remembering it correctly.
yeah i also remember KC did say that in one interview. don't see it ever happening.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was born a poor black child...

Oh, you meant members of the group!
I'm so embarrassed.