User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Uh... not quite. On the dates I searched (leaving 12/13, returning 12/24) a RT from HNL to AKL was $1956 from multiple carriers. But the same dates leaving from LAX is $1323 via "V Australia" airlines. Never heard of V Australia though. That is almost within the realm of being reasonable. Grrrrr... I have to take 2.5 weeks of vacation before the end of the year... and I am in serious Mac withdrawal now. Let me put it this way... if the second NZ show tickets drop, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go!
I was talking to a person I know who works at Ticketmaster in Auckland and she'll be going down to work the Fleetwood Mac concert in New Plymouth.

She told me theres less than 300 General Admission tickets left for the second night and all the Gold and silver sections are completely full, I think the only way of possibly getting good seats for the New Plymouth Concert now would be too look on www.trademe.co.nz which is like the NZ version of eBay.

I'm so excited i'm going to the sydney show and new plymouth, should be amazing I'm tempted to go to the second new plymouth night but idk!
Old 11-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
I'm so excited i'm going to the sydney show and new plymouth, should be amazing I'm tempted to go to the second new plymouth night but idk!
Do it! How many more chances will you get?

Also, great sig pic
Old 11-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Do it! How many more chances will you get?

Also, great sig pic
I really should, I guess its the last concert of the tour aswell.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
I really should, I guess its the last concert of the tour aswell.

Thanks
Def go
Old 11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

I console feelings of loss with thoughts that I saw somthing in some way unique .. er silly things like the way Stevie shouted somthing approximating to "yieeehahaaa" and lept in the air, after her "what kind of band is it..." bit, or precisely which lines she emphasized the most on "storms", which was different to recordings I saw/heard of other shows.

Still .. i'd go back tomorrow if that were possible LOL.

And im still mourning the loss of Silver Springs at my show (manchester UK)
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh I so understand this. I'm right now in pre-concert excitement mode, cause I'll be sitting in the THIRD ROW on 16 December (WOOOO!), but in early 2006, after my "Week of Stevie", when we'd gone up to Brisbane to see her solo concert there, stayed in a nice hotel (actually the hotel the band used to stay in each time they'd come to Brisbane. Bit old and tired now though), then came back and saw her again 10 minutes away from where we lived 2 nights later...we waited outside afterwards and although she didn't come up and talk to us, she blew many kisses and waved...*sigh* Then we walked home and I cried for hours. Just from the overwhelming emotion of it and the intense emptiness now that the "Week of Stevie" was over...oh, so empty it was...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jesus H. Christ, Kiwis, go to Ticketmaster NOW!!!!! I just bought front row center for the Sunday 12/20 show!!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG... Section B, Row A...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

OH MY GOD!!!! For the first time in my life, I wish I was in NZ. lol
Old 11-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_face View Post
OH MY GOD!!!! For the first time in my life, I wish I was in NZ. lol
No offense, right? NZ has always been a "bucket list" thing for me, so I just wasn't expecting it to occur so soon... All I have to do now is jump out of a plane and I'm ready to die. I'm still shaking because it's almost like destiny ruled- it was just meant to be. And I still have no idea how I'm going to get there or where I'm staying. Gah! Why oh why does this place have to be out in the middle of Nowheresville?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Ledgie

Almost 3 weeks on I suffer still..
What does not help is being constantly surrounded by people who don't know/don't like FM.. So when I remember something funny or brilliant from the show, I turn to the nearest person to share the story, only to stop myself and go.."Yeah, they really do not give a ****"..

Boils my blood..

"If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up."- Stephanie Lynn Nicks
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jesus H. Christ, Kiwis, go to Ticketmaster NOW!!!!! I just bought front row center for the Sunday 12/20 show!!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG... Section B, Row A...
That's amazing. Congratulations. Well, this time you'll get to make a stay out of it, instead of going to several concerts in a few days, you can do the one and then enjoy the country. It's hair-raising to think about how far the venue is going to be from the hotel and how far the hotel is from the airport and so on, but at least you've got 6 weeks to make your plans.

Since it's the last show, you must tell us everything shippy down to the final glance, even if you don't like that kind of stuff.

Michele
Old 11-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heheh, yeah, no offence. My post was meant as a joke. NZ looks beautiful and I'd love to go there. Especially to see FM!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's amazing. Congratulations. Well, this time you'll get to make a stay out of it, instead of going to several concerts in a few days, you can do the one and then enjoy the country. It's hair-raising to think about how far the venue is going to be from the hotel and how far the hotel is from the airport and so on, but at least you've got 6 weeks to make your plans.

Since it's the last show, you must tell us everything shippy down to the final glance, even if you don't like that kind of stuff.

Michele
Who says I'm not going to go to several concerts in a few days? I'm checking out Brisbane right now! Actually I'm not sure what my itinerary will be, but I suspect there will be some driving around the North Island somewhere in there. I do know that there are no hotel rooms available anywhere remotely close to New Plymouth, so I'm just going to have to warm to the idea of sleeping under a big tree while getting bitten by all manner of indigenous critters that never quite managed to get north of the equator. Ugh...

My hope is that the final show will be full of tears, drama and scenery chewing. Do you think they'll play "Silver Springs?"
Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I am so insanely jealous, you have no idea. If I had a few more years at my job and could afford to take the time off, or had any savings right now, I would be there in an instant! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 11-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Can you imagine how gorgeous it'd be to have a few days off, fly to NZ, stay in a lovely hotel, and see Fleetwood Mac over there? WOW...*dreamy eyes*