User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2018, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Kathy Griffin mentions Stevie

I'm not a big fan of comedy that just makes fun of other people, but in case you are interested...

Q: I want to hear more about the night you hung out with Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde and they were trying to offer you advice.

A: That’s one of the stories I love telling in this show. I always thought it was important to take about 10 minutes out of the show to walk people through my interrogation. I started doing it overseas, and you could hear a pin drop. So there’s this 10-minute chunk of show that’s really heavy. But I think it’s essential to talk about it, and it’s essential for me to pepper that part of the story with funny anecdotes.

I had never met Chrissie Hynde. She didn’t know who I was, so Stevie was sort of trying to explain the photo, and that was funny in itself.

It’s right in my lane. It’s got the celebrity element. It’s got an unexpected element. All that stuff is ripe for my act.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/music/po...-sfgate-result