User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-01-2020, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
FWIW, this was THE Keith Urban show. She and Ashley McBride(sp) were only there as part of his show. Still, SHN? WTF?

Funny aside - 60% of the people left after midnight(Stevie did two songs before Keith did the last song right before midnight). Keith is doing 30 minutes after midnight now... I was in a sardine can of people. I'm now leaning against a tree, watching the MASS exodus of people. They were here for the event... I'm sure Stevie drew 3 or 4 fans. People love goats.

Edit- she did come out again for the encore. Keith's Love Somebody Like You. Here morphed the break in the middle into Edge... she shook her head no(fake, no doubt), and did a verse of it. She didn't sound great... okay, but not great.
I thought the show was supposed to get picked up nationally from their press release comparing it to the CNN show and the Dick Clark show.

Sheryl was wearing her gold half moon on the Dick Clark show.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I thought the show was supposed to get picked up nationally from their press release comparing it to the CNN show and the Dick Clark show.
CNN interviewed Keith and Nicole, then NBC interviewed Keith, and NBC showed Keith and the Struts covering Stones. CNN also showed Jason Isbel and Amanda Shires and i think a bit of someone else. they also showed part of SDMHA which drew bunch of bashing of SN on twitter for being horribly off key.

if the purpose was to give her tv exposure, that backfired. if the purpose was to stick it to Lindsey by performing with his friend and stan Keith, i guess that kinda happened although she looked out of place. i do think that Second Hand News was probably Keith's idea since he may know only Lindsey's songs, and Stevie asked to be added to this event at the last minute, while Keith was in Australia.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-01-2020, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guessed it would be Stop Dragging My Heart Around and Second Hand News. If you remember, Keith played that at the Musicares tribute to Fleetwood Mac. It was a natural for him to want to do that song. I bet it was hit choice not hers. [Tired of all the haters.] The Fighter would have been fun. Interesting to see Stevie try that one!
Old 01-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

It was an interesting performance. I was also hoping for The Fighter. I hope more clips show up on YouTube.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SDMHA was really good I thought. I saw the clips of SHN and Edge and I thought it was ragged. Edge was not very good. She forgot the words.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope Stevie continues her surprise TV appearances every 2 weeks with a different celebrity. The biggest surprise for me though was knowing Stevie's biggest Hater attended the show and gave us a review. I guess one can't resist seeing Stevie perform when the free opportunity arises.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I hope Stevie continues her surprise TV appearances every 2 weeks with a different celebrity. The biggest surprise for me though was knowing Stevie's biggest Hater attended the show and gave us a review. I guess one can't resist seeing Stevie perform when the free opportunity arises.
people can't resist looking at train-wrecks.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
people can't resist looking at train-wrecks.
Umh hmh. That's why we keep returning to The Ledge.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Umh hmh. That's why we keep returning to The Ledge.
happy new decade mitzo!

i hope it will be a great one for all of us, and that everyone will finally get over their petty vendettas and turn to light and positivity!

Old 01-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i hope it will be a great one for all of us, and that everyone will finally get over their petty vendettas and turn to light and positivity!
But you posted these words today in the Lindsey forum: don't let an ex with never-ending vendetta of haunting you swoop in and try to take over people who love you.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://livestream.com/accounts/7888...0DtnBairzGb9jc

Stevie is in this a lot. She sings Stop Draggin' & 2nd Hand News with Keith Urban. Later in the set they sing With or Without You by U2 together and for the last 20 min or so of the show Stevie stands behind Keith and plays her tambourine.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She also did close to a minute of Edge of 17, during his encore. In the middle of one of his songs, he started playing the guitar riff for Edge. She shook her head no, then sang it VERY FLAT. For those I'm fb friends with, the video of Edge is posted on my page. I like to do anything I can to help her career.

I read reviews where people were wondering if she was drunk.

And for Viv, I live THREE BLOCKS from the venue. I've gone to see Keith ring in the new year before there. The show was FREE. I didn't pay a penny to see either one.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She also did close to a minute of Edge of 17, during his encore. In the middle of one of his songs, he started playing the guitar riff for Edge. She shook her head no, then sang it VERY FLAT. For those I'm fb friends with, the video of Edge is posted on my page. I like to do anything I can to help her career.

I read reviews where people were wondering if she was drunk.

And for Viv, I live THREE BLOCKS from the venue. I've gone to see Keith ring in the new year before there. The show was FREE. I didn't pay a penny to see either one.
I saw that clip of Edge on someone's Facebook...and oh my...she sounded BAAAAD
*Ricoh*
Old 01-02-2020, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
i like it too. She's always good at spontaneous outings. No pressure to sell tickets or press appearances. Good for her that current superstars still seek out her collab.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just watched the livestream and I take back what I said about her Edge performance. Keith surprised her and she wasn't prepared. It was ragged, but so spontaneous and I think it turned out really good. I really like Keith Urban and he seems to be a huge Fleetwood Mac fan. I've been so angry at Stevie since she fired Lindsey and after watching this I realize why I have been a fan of hers for so long.

I have changed, but you remain ageless