User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback818 View Post
if people were so bitter calling lindsey a tw*t/abusive a-hole/ whatever bad thing you can think of in literally every single forum topic, yeah I probably would actually. I am a fan of the BAND, including the band's history, and the history is still going to be there... they could've remained apart before the dance and never returned again, they could have broken up during the recording of rumours, I am just greatful to have the 50 years of Fleetwood Mac to look back upon. Some people just take it too far... people fight and people/bands break up, that's life.. I don't see Stevie Nicks as evil for it?

I believe that Stevie and Mick RUINED the band that I’ve loved forever. Because THE ACTUAL LINEUP from 45 years ago was INTACT. $ and M exploded that for stupid reasons that almost killed the guy they fired. Then ignored him. I don’t find that a happy way to remember the ending of this lineup.
If you do, more power to you. But it bothers me.
And I love coming here to discuss that.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
[/B]
I believe that Stevie and Mick RUINED the band that I’ve loved forever. Because THE ACTUAL LINEUP from 45 years ago was INTACT. $ and M exploded that for stupid reasons that almost killed the guy they fired. Then ignored him. I don’t find that a happy way to remember the ending of this lineup.
But you and every Stevie hating FM fan on here sounds like a broken record. None of you have said anything new for 2 solid years. It's the same monotone complaints. What I don't understand is why people(not you) are still on this site when they claim to absolutely hate Fleetwood Mac now that Lindsey has been fired. Like why stick around to discuss Fleetwood Mac when you clearly hate the people who currently are members of this band?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if people were so bitter calling lindsey a tw*t/abusive a-hole/ whatever bad thing you can think of in literally every single forum topic, yeah I probably would actually. I am a fan of the BAND,
but they do! like a broken record, over and over, every single time when the firing is discussed and even unrelated to that. like you just did here. and yet you do not feel the need to jump in and defend LB against that.

same with "we didn't hear both sides, we don't know the truth" - like a broken record. so yeah people then feel the need to reply to broken record ridiculous comments with some facts.because if you let lies told over abd over again just lay out there, people start thinking it's the truth.

you say you are fan of the band, but all your posts are about Stevie or Stevie's FM songs. so looks like you are fan of Stevie in whatever band or solo, same as i am fan of Lindsey in whatever band or solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[/B]
THIS.

They ruined the band of my life. Selfish, greedy as*holes.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
commercial does not equal great or even good
In the Stevie Lindsey Wars, if the Stevie side ever says that and genuinely means it, ask them about Rihanna, who has ten times the international chart success Stevie has, a bunch more Grammys, a much higher net worth, a dozen more No. 1 singles, and ten times the fame and acclaim. Commercially, she is to Stevie what Stevie is to Lindsey. Ask them whether, because of that commercial strength which puts Stevie's work in the shadows, Rihanna is ten times the artist that Stevie is.

Now, my point isn't whether she is or she isn't. I say no, of course. Stevie has a personal vision - a muse - with all its attendant quirks and charms and "flaws." In her songwriting, singing, performing, and dress, Stevie was a self-creation. She didn't come out of a boardroom on the 40th floor of the Capitol building in Hollywood. She isn't just her own idea; she's a personal statement. Rihanna's immaculate voice - engineered to make millions - seems about as personal and idiosyncratic as a press release of a corporate merger. Rihanna's business is hitting buttons. She's great at it, too.

But my point is that commercial strength is not any sort of decent gauge of an artist's vision or craft. In fact, it's the gauge of the craft of marketing, more often than not, and it encompasses immaculately produced videos, albums, TV ads, print ads, paid-for radio play, and so on, with hundreds of people, from artists to business people, responsible for the phenomenon.

With Fleetwood Mac, as with any band, "bringing people in" isn't the important thing. It's what you leave in people's memories on their way out that's important.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but they do! like a broken record, over and over, every single time when the firing is discussed and even unrelated to that. like you just did here. and yet you do not feel the need to jump in and defend LB against that.

same with "we didn't hear both sides, we don't know the truth" - like a broken record. so yeah people then feel the need to reply to broken record ridiculous comments with some facts.because if you let lies told over abd over again just lay out there, people start thinking it's the truth.

you say you are fan of the band, but all your posts are about Stevie or Stevie's FM songs. so looks like you are fan of Stevie in whatever band or solo, same as i am fan of Lindsey in whatever band or solo.
Exactly. Well said.

It’s bizarre how somehow the new shield to hide behind for folks who want to blindly defend Nicks without admitting it, start in on the whole “I’m a fan of the whole band, the entire 50 years of members and the ongoing history of conflict” blah blah blah. Put on a big show about the 50 year legacy, worship nicks, act like Lindsey doesn’t exist or play into the narrative that he had it coming due to past events and dismiss Stevie entirely of any wrong doing ..but wait, it’s about being a fan of the entire band. Riiigghht.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-12-2020 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not about who got fired and why. It's about learning to grieve and then moving on. It took me all of two months to mourn the loss of Lindsey. I'm experienced at this. I was devastated when he quit in 1987 but I accepted the facts and moved forward. I was equally as crushed when Christine and Stevie quit but I moved on with the newest FM at that time. Obviously if you are a fan of Lindsey it might take you more than 2 months of grieving. But 2 years? C'mon at this point I have no problem telling all of you, "get over it!!" Why must you force the rest of us to wallow in your misery? How many people is it going to take telling you how much The Ledge sucks(even tho I don't think that) before you decide to turn some tables and start posting positive things about this band?
I look forward to the time things around these boards all turn positive. I can't imagine in real life hanging around anyone who carries such misery within them in everything they speak. I'd really like to know who owns this site since Michele sold it. I know if it were mine I would be encouraging everyone to post positively. I'm not against bad concert reviews if they're warranted. We can still share about songs we don't care for but I'd like everyone who comes to this site to feel like they are wanted and included, not alienated. The band bashing should come to a close. I want you people to TRY to remember what you love about this band and celebrate that.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

cute Viv, cute - as usual.

first of all, the topic of LB firing has been brought up for no reason whatsoever in this thread by a SN fan who said they needed to vent so they decided going off topic and venting (about going off topic!) is the thing to do. and now - surprise! - people feel compelled to reply. this was a thread about Ken's book and stuff related to Tusk and Tusk-era. now it turned into yet another thread of discussing exactly what you are complaining is already discussed way too much. we are tired of it, and want to move on, but y'all keep dragging us back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
why stick around to discuss Fleetwood Mac when you clearly hate the people who currently are members of this band?
you can't have it both ways - you can't say - i'm sticking around for history not for present and get over the ugly present - and then insist that the board is about [non-existing] band's present.

there is no current band. if you read the lawsuit you'd know that. FM exists only in spurts, around projects. they sign the contract for a project, once project is done band doesn't legally exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
IHow many people is it going to take telling you how much The Ledge sucks(even tho I don't think that) before you decide to turn some tables and start posting positive things about this band?
I look forward to the time things around these boards all turn positive.
come on, you know better, now you are just being cynical! people have been saying that The Ledge sucks since i first started reading it! there was a time when the ledge was so full of SN worshippers and so nasty towards Lindsey (let's face it, nastiness towards Lindsey is almost embedded in the site when there are many chiffs here) that i would go on other social media and read how people don't understand why i still even bother ever going to The Ledge. so people saying The Ledge sucks? that's been the case for way longer than a decade. since i first started reading it back in 2009, and then reading back to the old threads, there are always warring factions in FM community, and there is always tons of negativity and nastiness. if you want a positive place, you need to find another band. or maybe people consider "positive" all the SN groups on social media where everyone who says even something like "i don't like SN's boots tonight" gets trashed and thrown out of the group and positive posts about LB or his music or Christine are deleted?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-12-2020, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[/B]
so well said.

and yet, some want to claim that's somehow positive and it's all for the best of everybody in the band.

separately, as a solo fan, i am of course happy Lindsey's not wasting his time with the band stuck in neutral for decades. and i'm looking forward to the year ahead, seeing him at festivals and hopefully a tour, and getting finally that new album he has in the can!

and y'all who are so easily annoyed and keep screaming about wanting some kind of imaginary positivity, can go see your chiffon queen at whatever tour or festivals she'll be doing and enjoy life and what you love.

Old 01-12-2020, 10:45 PM
Junior Ledgie

They almost killed him... ok you people have gotten ridiculous

"Oh but them firing him stressed him out" Or maybe, it's cuz he's 70 years old...are you serious...
How you know the old guy wouldn't have had a heart attack whether in the band or not, he's also lived a life lined with drug usage and health problems like mild epilepsy.

If you're willing to blame Mick and Stevie for his heart attack, myself and many other people aren't likely to take the negative bs you spew that seriously sorry
Old 01-12-2020, 11:00 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Exactly. Well said.

It’s bizarre how somehow the new shield to hide behind for folks who want to blindly defend Nicks without admitting it, start in on the whole “I’m a fan of the whole band, the entire 50 years of members and the ongoing history of conflict” blah blah blah. Put on a big show about the 50 year legacy, worship nicks, act like Lindsey doesn’t exist or play into the narrative that he had it coming due to past events and dismiss Stevie entirely of any wrong doing ..but wait, it’s about being a fan of the entire band. Riiigghht.
this post is so stupid and generalizing... Never did I say Lindsey "had it coming" or that I even support it happening... I said Stevie should've ideally shut up regardless of the drama between them and finished up the last few years they have left, they've dealt with each other's toxic behaviors for decades.

My point is that certain people that have nothing better to do in their life but come on here and b*tch in every single post about how terrible Stevie and Mick are... and to whoever said I "went off topic" with my rant, it was very clearly in topic because every thread regardless of the beginning topic becomes a toilet of people's hateful bs about Stevie and Mick, and unsurprisingly by the same like three people that apparently have very little to do outside of this forum and come on here angry and upset every single day... and actually someone earlier posted an interview of ken talking about the firing, so it was very much on topic
Old 01-12-2020, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Viv, you have no right to tell others how to feel. Get over yourself.

And btw, this is the Rumours forum. THAT INCLUDES LINDSEY. Go to the Present Band forum if you don't want to see him discussed.

They'd have been a footnote in history if it weren't for Lindsey. And $tevie would still be a waitress. Actually, probably dead of an OD.

You must accept this as your position,Viv, because I said so!
Old 01-13-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Viv, you have no right to tell others how to feel. Get over yourself.

And btw, this is the Rumours forum. THAT INCLUDES LINDSEY. Go to the Present Band forum if you don't want to see him discussed.

They'd have been a footnote in history if it weren't for Lindsey. And $tevie would still be a waitress. Actually, probably dead of an OD.

You must accept this as your position,Viv, because I said so!
Homer, I thought I told you to post only what I text or feed you on FB!!
Don't make my send you iso tracks of $tevie on piano.
Carry on, love!

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-13-2020 at 09:52 AM..
Old 01-13-2020, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
this post is so stupid and generalizing... Never did I say Lindsey "had it coming" or that I even support it happening... I said Stevie should've ideally shut up regardless of the drama between them and finished up the last few years they have left, they've dealt with each other's toxic behaviors for decades.

My point is that certain people that have nothing better to do in their life but come on here and b*tch in every single post about how terrible Stevie and Mick are... and to whoever said I "went off topic" with my rant, it was very clearly in topic because every thread regardless of the beginning topic becomes a toilet of people's hateful bs about Stevie and Mick, and unsurprisingly by the same like three people that apparently have very little to do outside of this forum and come on here angry and upset every single day... and actually someone earlier posted an interview of ken talking about the firing, so it was very much on topic
HAHAH generalizing? I wasn't even trying to imply that's exactly what YOU said personally.

Again..as Elle said, this rabbit hole began when somebody decided to make a post RANTING about all of the negativity towards Stevie and the rest of the band.

Also, you're arguing with people who have been following this band and message board since the 90's. We've witnessed several decades of Mick & Stevie b*ll****. This isn't the first rodeo for many of us.

Spare me the Buckingham cult BS to anyone who chimes in with that, I used to be a giant Stevie Nicks fan so this isn't coming from somebody who NEVER liked the other band members and solely listened for Lindsey. Quite the opposite actually.

As somebody who actually did like the band as a collective, I have no issue calling out their BS when I see it.

Curious if you even read the lawsuit?

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-13-2020 at 01:18 PM..
Old 01-13-2020, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Homer, I thought I told you to post only what I text or feed you on FB!!
Don't make my send you iso tracks of $tevie on piano.
Carry on, love!
I'm awaiting my next instructions from you, oh mighty moderator!